IGNORED

VAR Again

Red Army 75

Goal ! !!!! No, scratch that.

Goal !!!  1-0

Free kick , no scratch that pen ! 

Goal , no wait booking. Retake ? No wait free kick . 

Goal. 1-1 

have to say I’ve lost interest, takes too long. Better get back to work. It must be annoying if you’re there.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

I actually thought the pen would have to be retaken instead of disallowed. Least I am learning stuff!

Likewise! 

Justice though as I don’t think it was a penalty. The foul was outside the box, while the arm was ‘hanging’ inside the box didn’t seem to me there was any meaningful contact/pressure.... so doesn’t pass the ‘clear and obvious’ test. 

Great game though!

14 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Australia have got rid. Portugal about too. Everyone hates it in Spain.  One more as well but cant remember.  England start with it now!

Australia have got rid? I went to an A-League game very recently where it was enforced - when was this?? I know it's extremely disliked out here and if it's true then that's great news as it's become a farce. 

I am convinced that the introduction of VAR is part of a job creation scheme, to provide more employment opportunities to ex footballers as pundits.

30/40 years ago referees were no more perfect than they are today, and there were controversial decisions ( the WBA "offside " goal at Leeds always comes to mind) but there never seemed to be anything like the level of after match debate about decisions back then as there is today.

In the premier league era it seems that the pundits and commentators are more concerned about controversial decisions, which tend to be the first mater for discussion after a game, rather than how the teams played,special skill or goals.

I know it is early days at the moment, but I can;t help feeling that the introduction of VAR will only give pundits even more controversy to discuss , at the expense of what actually happened when the ball was in play.

Archived