IGNORED

Flint - new contract SIGNED!

2 minutes ago, wesco said:

It doesn't say when the contract is till though just that there is the option to extend in 2021. Certainly good news and suggests he will be staying for at least another season. 

Unfortunately contracts seem to count for very little nowadays, bar perhaps the guarantee of a certain amount by way of release clause. 

I dont think for a minute this stops him leaving in the summer but the club shouldve been making him the highest earner at the club with this deal in order to fend off interest. 

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Let`s hope Bobby`s new contract is next off the rank.:fingerscrossed:

This for me is the biggest worry. He has been a revelation this season and we really don't want to lose him. It seems that this one is dragging on. If Flint has been offered a new deal then surely Bobby would have.

5 minutes ago, wesco said:

It doesn't say when the contract is till though just that there is the option to extend in 2021. Certainly good news and suggests he will be staying for at least another season. 

Sounds like 2020 same as his last contact, just that we have the year option in this one and Flint gets higher wages. 

9 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Unfortunately contracts seem to count for very little nowadays, bar perhaps the guarantee of a certain amount by way of release clause. 

I dont think for a minute this stops him leaving in the summer but the club shouldve been making him the highest earner at the club with this deal in order to fend off interest. 

You beat me to it!

I was about to post the same thing.

9 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Probably on parity with Baker, for me it’s just a helpful step towards getting big bucks for him in the summer. Then it’s baker and Wright at cb next season. 

Wouldn't bet on that.

If Flint goes we'll no doubt sign another CB, and Bailey, in particular, will have to battle it out with him.

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Wouldn't bet on that.

If Flint goes we'll no doubt sign another CB, and Bailey, in particular, will have to battle it out with him.

Wright and Baker were gonna be the pairing when flint was seemingly leaving. I guess we will likely sign another CB but doubt captain wright will end up third choice. Kelly Baker Wright Pisano our likely back 4 I think. 

As fans we won’t know about the detail, but it is good news for the Club and Flint. As others have mentioned would be good to seal a new deal with Bobby next.

IMO Aden is a very influential member of the squad and his decision will hopefully positively impact/signal to others to act.

• Admin
25 minutes ago, LC_ said:

Noticed from instagram that he was at Ashton Gate this morning as was Paterson, I wonder if he's also signed a new improved deal today

14 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Niclas Eliasson and Max O'Leary were also at AG so I wouldn't read too much into that tbh.

They are training at the ground this morning 

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Shit on our heads with the ST news and then scrub it off with this Flint contract.

Just means we might get a little bit more for him if he goes.

The Flint news will go in one ear and out the other for most fans while the ST issue persists.

36 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

Great news. i'm sure the club have some sort of way of financing the improved contract........

26 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Good news , just means we get more money if he’s sold.   

What a day to bring out some good news  #deflection 

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

The Flint news will go in one ear and out the other for most fans while the ST issue persists.

Good. Timing of that news is a little bit suspicious to say the least, mind.

This deal doesn't actually keep him here any longer than what he was contracted to already unless the 1 year option is exercised? No extra commitment to the club.

All it means is that Flint is cashing in on wages for me. Fingers crossed that doesn't upset any other players. And hopefully a big release clause is in there so we get more if/when he goes but no guarantee City have included a decent fee...

More worried about Bobby's contract.

Flint knows he will be in demand in the summer so it's nice to see him sign a new contract knowing that will ensure the best possible deal for BCFC should he move on. Obviously he benefits financially as well which is only fair. Kudo's big fella

Archived