IGNORED

Its in our hands

HarrogateOwl

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Personally, as much as I want the game to be on, and the pitch will be fine, it will depend on the roads around.  What are Winterstoke, Ashton, Duckmoor, North St like, and the immediate roads adjoining them like?  And the pavements?

The weather doesn’t look mild enough to see any significant thaw, even if we don’t have any / much more snow.

I can’t see it being on, but i’m In Downend.

Nipper has a powered wheelchair that will tackle pretty much any snow conditions, but I'd not be best pleased pushing a wheelchair tomorrow!

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Nipper has a powered wheelchair that will tackle pretty much any snow conditions, but I'd not be best pleased pushing a wheelchair tomorrow!

Getting to the AG Car Park will be the issue tomorrow.  Once there it will be fine.  Hot water bottle for Joe under his blanket(s), and spare flask of water too.

Add into the fact that I doubt if many local residents will venture out tomorrow so side roads will be clogged up more than usual, and many are narrow and hilly it will be a nightmare driving and parking. I doubt if the police really want 20,000 people on the roads in the area, never mind hundreds travelling from Sheffield.

2 hours ago, HarrogateOwl said:

Morning

I'll be traveling down from Harrogate with the 3 year old later this afternoon, no we don't have jobs in the north. We're Wednesday fans btw.

From what I've read on these boards and in the news it looks like you've had a bit of snow, but the pitch is playable. My take on the situation is that its the roads and paths around the stadium that are most likely to cause the game to be cancelled. Surely we can do something about this to ensure the game goes ahead.

I'm happy to muck in and start clearing the snow tomorrow morning. Surely it only needs a few hundred volunteers and we can get a game.

What do we think?

I'll go as far to say driving down here for a football match that wont be on, with a 3 year old....is negligent 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Presumably there's process involved in terms of consulting with various bodies, police, EFL etc? I'm guessing the club just can't come out and say 'we've decided to call it off'.

Well, i guessed that.. but by BCFC I really meant all concerned. Let's face it, it's not going to happen. So let's get on with it.

I'm lucky, i can walk to the ground and do walk. Others come from miles away , as you know, and i think it's fair that we know now tbh.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I think it doubtful but as RedM says every effort will be made to make the area safe with Bristol Rugby due to play on Sunday.

Much depends on how much more snow we get.

City will have to give Sheffield Wednesday plenty of notice if the game is postponed - possibly today.

Will we have to give them notice in whiting? 

6 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

I'll go as far to say driving down here for a football match that wont be on, with a 3 year old....is negligent 

6 hours ago, HarrogateOwl said:

We aren't driving, but negligent, seriously? What have we become.

Games on or off, lifes about adventures. Whatever happens we'll have a good time.

PS - you try telling her she can't go........

I wouldn't take too much notice- you should see his other posts- we've also got a negligent team with a negligent Manager and negligent board.

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I wouldn't take too much notice- you should see his other posts- we've also got a negligent team with a negligent Manager and negligent board.

No need to be a nob 

My missus works for the emergency services and spent all night last night providing a service to bellends who travelled when they shouldnt

23 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

No need to be a nob 

My missus works for the emergency services and spent all night last night providing a service to bellends who travelled when they shouldnt

you know Andy, I've every sympathy with that. I've watched pics of bellends stuck on the A303 countless times today and couldnt help but mutter what top grade prats they were. Police  and Highways say... "dont travel unless absolutely necessary"... somehow translated into "they advised us to go on a sightseeing trip" and then blamed the emergency services for not getting to the scene quickly enough... when it was their own bloody vehicles blocking the road in the first place.

Some people have an Honours Degree in being a clown

53 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

you know Andy, I've every sympathy with that. I've watched pics of bellends stuck on the A303 countless times today and couldnt help but mutter what top grade prats they were. Police  and Highways say... "dont travel unless absolutely necessary"... somehow translated into "they advised us to go on a sightseeing trip" and then blamed the emergency services for not getting to the scene quickly enough... when it was their own bloody vehicles blocking the road in the first place.

Some people have an Honours Degree in being a clown

Some of the stories she told me of why people were travelling absolutely astounds me. Three guys were travelling to a darts tournament!! They were driving  to Bridgewater....and got stuck. They phoned the police who attended and helped them, and advised them to turn round and head back. They ignored it...carried on...and got stuck again. Twice the police had to attend! Absolute *****

Ita not going to get much above 2 degrees before the game tomorrow. So there will be no real thaw out. Fingers crossed no one hurts themselves 

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

No need to be a nob 

7 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Some of the stories she told me of why people were travelling absolutely astounds me. Three guys were travelling to a darts tournament!! They were driving  to Bridgewater....and got stuck. They phoned the police who attended and helped them, and advised them to turn round and head back. They ignored it...carried on...and got stuck again. Twice the police had to attend! Absolute *****

Ita not going to get much above 2 degrees before the game tomorrow. So there will be no real thaw out. Fingers crossed no one hurts themselves 

But, but it`s only a bit of snow and I`m a brilliant driver and my trip to Asda can`t wait `cos I`m running out of crisps.

The police should do the ******* for driving without due care and attention IMO.

Respect to your other half mate and all her colleagues.

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

But, but it`s only a bit of snow and I`m a brilliant driver and my trip to Asda can`t wait `cos I`m running out of crisps.

The police should do the ******* for driving without due care and attention IMO.

Respect to your other half mate and all her colleagues.

Some people just choose to ignore sound advice , lack common sense or are just plain thick ! ....:facepalm:

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Cant argue with that. Lets just hope the smart asses like @Marina's Rolls Royce (and a fair few others) stay safe tomorrow. 

Meanwhile- let's all brand a SW supporter who's coming down to Bristol with his daughter (and not by car) as being negligent. 

You really do see the world from a glass half empty stance, Andy- not one person was suggesting that anyone should drive in hazardous conditions although I'm sure Lee would have to answer for this if they did.

6 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Meanwhile- let's all brand a SW supporter who's coming down to Bristol with his daughter (and not by car) as being negligent. 

You really do see the world from a glass half empty stance, Andy- not one person was suggesting that anyone should drive in hazardous conditions although I'm sure Lee would have to answer for this if they did.

What has Lee Johnson and the fact I believe he is a bang average coach got to do with this?

Absolutely nothing. Grow up mate 

Yesterday told the Mrs that I would get her to work for 6am this morning hoping that the prediction of freezing rain did not happen (really rare in U.K.)

sure enough got up at 5, walked to the LR only to find I could not get in it. Covered in ice, ground not covered in snow also just ice. The most dangerous road situation there is. Needless to say she did not get to work, tomorrow weathermen are also predicting freezing rain - bristol City know better, the match is on!

Archived