IGNORED

Further ST News

CotswoldRed

24 minutes ago, davidoldfart said:

Off to the Mem then....

If you’re ok being treated with contempt then carry on.

Ok since SLs been around he’s chucked his money about and we’re probably in a better position then we were.

But know what? I’d willingly swap what we have now for the Terry Cooper and Joe Jordan days.

Any cock with cash can splash it about when it becomes fashionable to do so. Any investor can secure their investment in the way that SL has done.

Do I blame him? No.

Do I like it? No.

Does that mean I’ll follow the Rovers? Does it ****. 

By the way I have watched the Rovers when they weren’t playing us. Many moons ago. At Eastville. And at Anfield.

My guess is you’re one of those blinkered types.

6 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Ok since SLs been around he’s chucked his money about and we’re probably in a better position then we were.

But know what? I’d willingly swap what we have now for the Terry Cooper and Joe Jordan days.

Any cock with cash can splash it about when it becomes fashionable to do so. Any investor can secure their investment in the way that SL has done.

Do I blame him? No.

Do I like it? No.

By the way I have watched the Rovers when they weren’t playing us. Many moons ago. At Eastville. And at Anfield.

It does amaze me the people who say

"like it or lump it"

"go and watch the Rovers then"

Strikes me they are the sort that have rarely fought for what they believe in.  I like a battle and regularly feel - out of principle - that I need to take on the council, social services and suchlike.  Where I see unfairness my default is to challenge it.

If I don't challenge unfairness I see in my life it would, at best, cost me a small fortune.  Finger in the air .... dragging my heels has certainly saved me £5k+ over 10 years.

I'm certainly not wealthy enough to take things meekly.

1 minute ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Do I blame him? No.

Do I like it? No.

David Old Fart can't be a real City fan, got to be a joker with some of the nonsense he's spouted!

23 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

To be honest, my feelings are more with the second post than the first one. My increase (16.8%) is much more than inflation (even in football wages) and it means I'm paying a higher percentage of my disposable income to watch live football. Others are much worse hit. 

Now, I can afford this, but there are some who genuinely can't and an extra £50 or £100 or a few hundred means they won't renew. A club that prides itself on being for all Bristol and the West (forget those other losers) is pricing people out at a time when there are empty seats for virtually every match.

And as for the appalling timing of the increase, the less said the better. Gets earlier each season. They'll be asking for our 2019/20 renewal this October, I reckon....

Thing is Robbo do they really? Pride themselves on being for all Bristol and the West?

I seriously doubt it. All they really care about is creating a brand that will blindly and meekly follow whatever they serve up.

Be that a business breakfast for you to network at, a basketball club/rugby club/ football club for you to support or insurance you can buy.

These people don’t give a shit. And for anyone who doesn’t renew there will be another in line to take their place.

The way of the world maybe but it’s still shit.

16 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Thing is Robbo do they really? Pride themselves on being for all Bristol and the West?

I seriously doubt it. All they really care about is creating a brand that will blindly and meekly follow whatever they serve up.

Be that a business breakfast for you to network at, a basketball club/rugby club/ football club for you to support or insurance you can buy.

These people don’t give a shit. And for anyone who doesn’t renew there will be another in line to take their place.

I don't know how you manage to still go, you're certainly making me wonder what the point is, may as well pack it all in! :P

Whilst it may be difficult to afford the increases, we have to accept that improved contracts and better signings all cost money that must in the main be recouped from the paying public.

Some of the increases and seat moves do seem a little unneccessary though.

I still think lower prices overall would be balanced by more SC sales though.

Hopefully, we can still get promoted though and these prices will seem like a bargain.

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Whilst it may be difficult to afford the increases, we have to accept that improved contracts and better signings all cost money that must in the main be recouped from the paying public.

Some of the increases and seat moves do seem a little unneccessary though.

I still think lower prices overall would be balanced by more SC sales though.

Hopefully, we can still get promoted though and these prices will seem like a bargain.

Would be genuinely interested to know what the original plan was (during the development planning).

Did we intend to increase revenue from bums on seats? (check) or also to raise prices significantly?

Do we HAVE to do both?  And when we have, where's the remaining wriggle room?

2 hours ago, kivsy said:

shamed into releasing it more like,   following consultation with the supporters club, well they should have done that in the first place then they wouldnt have to backtrack  all these fan groups are ignored the club pretend to listen  

But surely they have listened? That's why they've reduced the prices.

The idea of these talking groups is that the club talk to them gauge opinion  then release the info.  Only one announcement needed , its only fan pressure and the media shitstorm they’ve had to release another statement , the line that we’ve listened to the supporters club is laughable 

Living in the US obviously not buying a season ticket - so this doesn't directly affect me. There may well be better pricing points that could be operated. However, I think it's worth pointing out that this is being done to make some huge profit out of fans. The club still runs at a significant loss. And the corporates/directors etc are taking very low salaries compared to pretty much every other club in the division - so it's not going towards subbing their wages either.

What I'm trying today is that I don't think these prices are targetting/intended to exploit fan, even if they haven't got them right.

3 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Living in the US obviously not buying a season ticket - so this doesn't directly affect me. There may well be better pricing points that could be operated. However, I think it's worth pointing out that this is being done to make some huge profit out of fans. The club still runs at a significant loss. And the corporates/directors etc are taking very low salaries compared to pretty much every other club in the division - so it's not going towards subbing their wages either.

What I'm trying today is that I don't think these prices are targetting/intended to exploit fan, even if they haven't got them right.

A good point.  Although, maybe we need to cut our cloth and accept we can't afford what we're targeting.  We have modest crowds in the grand scheme of things and existing fans shouldn't be expected to swallow huge rises because of it.

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Well one of the daft things is - in a not oversubscribed club - there may not be another person in line to replace those priced out.  We're averaging over 20K this season, an average or poor start next season and we'll be well under that .

I wrote asking for detail of the loyalty scheme (a key incentive for those of us who retain STs knowing we'll not be able to make all home matches.) No response yet and given e-mails may be monitored and responded to from anywhere I presume the silence is rather more 'detail deficient' than weather related.

Apart from an actual increase in like for like adult St prices, it seems to me that the club have tried to move existing under 22 ST holders out of Lower Lansdown and have done it in a very clumsy way to release them for higher prices. 

The simple way would have been to allow renewals but not sell any new under 22 ST's. The problem is then resolved over a few coming years as those get older.

The club could even have offered some form of incentive for existing season card holders to move elsewhere now. Hammers and walnuts come to mind. 

4 hours ago, Red Grovesy said:

Earlier this week the club announced its season card prices for the 2018/19 campaign.

Following consultation with the Supporters Club & Trust, we can confirm that an Under-19s and Under-12s price will now be released for the Lansdown Stand lower tier.

Under-19s will be able to purchase season cards in the Lansdown Stand lower wings for £150, working out at just £7 per game, whilst our Under-12s will be able to purchase for £99 (£4 per game), with a free replica shirt.

For tickets in the central blocks a £199 season card is available to Under-19s (£9 per game), whilst an Under-12s ticket with free replica shirt for £150 is now on offer – this works out at just £7 per game for some of the best seats in the house.

Extending the popular Family Area in the upper tier of our biggest stand is part of our overall desire to make this stadium one of the best fan experiences on matchdays, for all ages. We look forward to announcing the plans for improving the family matchday experience further.

To reflect this new offer and to give all of our supporters greater opportunity to purchase their existing seats, we will also be extending the renewal deadline from March 19th to March 26th.

We would also take this opportunity to remind supporters of the Pay Monthly scheme, which will be offered exclusively during the advanced sales period only, with the cost of a season card split over ten months (subject to £25 admin fee).

:laugh:, because all kids definitely want to go in the family area:clapping:

It is still not acceptable imo. It is backwards for some to think a 20% increase for the same tickets as last season because wages go up. It is unacceptable to reason it is worth it if we are promoted. It is borderline brainwashing. I think most would have accepted a small increase(up to 5%) but that isn’t what happened. Now they come out with this BS like they are doing us a service. They aren’t. U12 & U19 plus disabled seats are all well up over 50% from what I can gather in both the Dolman and the Lansdown stand. Not to mention the 15-20% increase on adult tickets in the central sections. This is a shocking increase and just because they seem to be giving something back most seem ok with this. It isn’t enough and they need to be pressured more. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

It is still not acceptable imo. It is backwards for some to think a 20% increase for the same tickets as last season because wages go up. It is unacceptable to reason it is worth it if we are promoted. It is borderline brainwashing. I think most would have accepted a small increase(up to 5%) but that isn’t what happened. Now they come out with this BS like they are doing us a service. They aren’t. U12 & U19 plus disabled seats are all well up over 50% from what I can gather in both the Dolman and the Lansdown stand. Not to mention the 15-20% increase on adult tickets in the central sections. This is a shocking increase and just because they seem to be giving something back most seem ok with this. It isn’t enough and they need to be pressured more. 

All in the name of a push for the prem really. That's what SL wants. 

I say it's not worth screwing fans in that case. Not without telling us well in advance that is the plan. 

I'm allowed to hate the people who run the club. So I will. 

8 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Gutless, spineless decision makers, out of touch with everyone.

Why oh why not do a proper consultation first, the new "fans liaison officer" was obviously very carefully picked so as not to rock the boat.

I highly doubt it was a coincidence this was announced during his holiday either. Bring out initial terrible news, make 1-2 miniscule changes like adding u12 and u19 price to lansdown(at 2-3x more than last season) and give them an extra week to sweat it out. Then by the time he is back hopefully it’ll be 75-80% forgotten about. 

Sadly, looks like it will probably work. I am still unsure I will be paying the extra 200 for the upcoming season. I am highly disappointed with this. 

8 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

All in the name of a push for the prem really. That's what SL wants. 

I say it's not worth screwing fans in that case. Not without telling us well in advance that is the plan. 

I'm allowed to hate the people who run the club. So I will. 

Exactly. I would much sooner have the preston, brentford or sheff u approach than pay for someone else’s dream. I would love to see us in the prem but not enough that I should struggle financially to watch the team I love around people who I have grown fond of over the years. Sad part is even when you add it all up at the new rates with the existing season card holders, it’ll probably only mean an extra 750k to 1m in funds for the club. It is a strong amount but is it enough to make enough of a difference for promotion? I doubt it. I would think a small decrease in price and more fans would make up some of that plus make a noisier home advantage for the boys but what do i know?

The hardest part of this is we aren’t really even close to selling the place out. We average about 20k. That is 6500 less than it holds. More focus on fleecing what support they have rather than adding to it. Fill the place next season, increase by 3-4% accross the board, make more money!

2 minutes ago, BS13 Robin said:

Unfortunately I still have to pay £99 for my 3 year old granddaughter who only attends a few games in the Dolman Centre,Why should I move stands just because the club are trying to force her out of the Dolman

Exactly and don’t sell yourself short either. The adult price increase in that stand is shocking too. 

Archived