IGNORED

Further ST News

CotswoldRed

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I highly doubt it was a coincidence this was announced during his holiday either. Bring out initial terrible news, make 1-2 miniscule changes like adding u12 and u19 price to lansdown(at 2-3x more than last season) and give them an extra week to sweat it out. Then by the time he is back hopefully it’ll be 75-80% forgotten about. 

Sadly, looks like it will probably work. I am still unsure I will be paying the extra 200 for the upcoming season. I am highly disappointed with this. 

You know what mate, it does not even effect me, I sit in the Dolman wings so my price increase I am quite happy with. What I'm not happy about is the gutless, faceless way this club operates when targeting those who can least afford it, staying quiet when challenged and basically never having to face up to those they are effecting. i.e. long standing fans (not customers) who have followed this club through thick and thin. So please forgive me if I don't follow the long held love expanded to the likes of God, Ashton, Baker and the new FLA

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

You know what mate, it does not even effect me, I sit in the Dolman wings so my price increase I am quite happy with. What I'm not happy about is the gutless, faceless way this club operates when targeting those who can least afford it, staying quiet when challenged and basically never having to face up to those they are effecting. i.e. long standing fans (not customers) who have followed this club through thick and thin. So please forgive me if I don't follow the long held love expanded to the likes of God, Ashton, Baker and the new FLA

Gutless indeed. They knowingly stay quiet when communication is most needed.

Its like having the management at Tesco in charge. 

5 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

The C word still comes to mind.

Both of them. The one that’ll get through will be contempt. You know the other.

These ******* care less and less about the fans. We’re consumers. Or a cash cow. A few other C words there.

But hey ho. Good old SL and his ilk. Know the cost of everything but the value of nothing.

My expenditure at BS3 will now be limited to the bare minimum I need to get in to watch the football club I’ve followed since I was a young ‘in.

All the emails offering me this and that and a Happy Birthday are meaningless. And junk.

BM will now be the destination of choice for our footy snacks.

Thanks Steve. Good luck with your next business venture....

My expenditure is limited now to Now tv, and a stream now and again; the last remains of my club came down with the E.E and Williams, for me the 60`s and 70`s will remain with me forever. :mf_sleep:

1 hour ago, BS13 Robin said:

Unfortunately I still have to pay £99 for my 3 year old granddaughter who only attends a few games in the Dolman Centre,Why should I move stands just because the club are trying to force her out of the Dolman

Their argument, not mine, would be that she only attends a few games. She gets a cheap ticket and the club are missing out on the ‘upsale’ of items from the kiosks and shop. If they had an adult in that seat they could get a premium price for a ST or pay on the day. The adult might buy several pints, food, hot drinks and buy a few shirts or coats from the shop, at top prices.

If the club wants wants to offer tickets to children and have someone pay if the ticket isn’t used they need to have some sort of ticket exchange, where you say if your child cannot attend and you get some reward ( financial or otherwise). Trouble is if the tickets are cheap, even £99, the club will probably only offer £2 for example. Nobody will bother with that when they know the seat could be sold by the club for £40 or more. The adult holder of the seat would probably prefer the seat to remain empty than have a different stranger sat there each match.

And that’s why the club want to squeeze a bit more money, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Exactly. I would much sooner have the preston, brentford or sheff u approach than pay for someone else’s dream. I would love to see us in the prem but not enough that I should struggle financially to watch the team I love around people who I have grown fond of over the years. Sad part is even when you add it all up at the new rates with the existing season card holders, it’ll probably only mean an extra 750k to 1m in funds for the club. It is a strong amount but is it enough to make enough of a difference for promotion? I doubt it. I would think a small decrease in price and more fans would make up some of that plus make a noisier home advantage for the boys but what do i know?

The hardest part of this is we aren’t really even close to selling the place out. We average about 20k. That is 6500 less than it holds. More focus on fleecing what support they have rather than adding to it. Fill the place next season, increase by 3-4% accross the board, make more money!

That's the First Bus syndrome........losing money due to lack of customers, so increase prices to lose even more.

41 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

I’d still,like to hear the justification behind an increase on my son’s from 99 to 150

Still good value, granted, but a bit of a hike nonetheless 

Unfortunately you won't get one.

3 hours ago, RedM said:

Their argument, not mine, would be that she only attends a few games. She gets a cheap ticket and the club are missing out on the ‘upsale’ of items from the kiosks and shop. If they had an adult in that seat they could get a premium price for a ST or pay on the day. The adult might buy several pints, food, hot drinks and buy a few shirts or coats from the shop, at top prices.

If the club wants wants to offer tickets to children and have someone pay if the ticket isn’t used they need to have some sort of ticket exchange, where you say if your child cannot attend and you get some reward ( financial or otherwise). Trouble is if the tickets are cheap, even £99, the club will probably only offer £2 for example. Nobody will bother with that when they know the seat could be sold by the club for £40 or more. The adult holder of the seat would probably prefer the seat to remain empty than have a different stranger sat there each match.

And that’s why the club want to squeeze a bit more money, in my opinion.

Think you have hit the nail firmly on the head there.Modern football very much money driven which in turn is encouraging greed and could be forcing away the fans of the future!

Whichever way you look at this, it's all UNFAIR. I guess most of us expect that every year we might pay a bit more. But how are these new prices FAIR!? South Stand reduced yet Dolman Central up by 16% (or whatever. If only someone had done a spreadsheet) and Kids in particular singled out for punitive increases. You can't tell me that DOUBLING a kids ticket is in any way fair!?

Well, having to buy 2 adult and 2 kids tickets in the Dolman, they'll have to do a lot better than that to get me interested.

I wish they'd stop quoting costs per game to mask over things. Those days are over, they've got most of us where they want us, buying season tickets. We don't pay per game, we pay upfront and FIVE months upfront at that.

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Same here.  I can afford it, but didn’t think £255 for a 12+ year old was fair.  I will still need to think about the new £150 price point.  Glad i’m Not in LS Central, as £199 is too much imho. 

@Davefevs, I like your opinions and know you are a nice but I will disagree with you here. Is £199 really too much or does it seem too much because the tickets were underpriced before and a good deal? Less than £10 per game for Championship football is really very good when compared to the cost of the cinema, the zoo or other leisure activities.

City were using Children's ticket almost as a loss leader they now believe they don't need to.

3 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

@Davefevs, I like your opinions and know you are a nice but I will disagree with you here. Is £199 really too much or does it seem too much because the tickets were underpriced before and a good deal? Less than £10 per game for Championship football is really very good when compared to the cost of the cinema, the zoo or other leisure activities.

City were using Children's ticket almost as a loss leader they now believe they don't need to.

You are a nice guy too.

:kiss:

Yes, you are probably right, it’s probably the relation to the cheap prices / expectation.

Re Loss Leader - yes, consistent gates of 20k+ and sell-outs too, will have made them Re-think their pricing.

At the end of the day, they will work their prices on supply and demand, and we then decide whether we pay or not.  There will be winners and losers.  I’m quite pragmatic about it.  I think they misjudged certain "customer segments", and could have handled it differently.  

If strategically they want the LS Lower to be full paying adults (plus u19s paying more than in other parts), they need to think about whether they communicate that or not, and if they do when, and how they are going to transition to that, e.g. in one go at short notice (like they did), or phase it in.

It looks as if they’ve paid lip-service to the "kids are the fans of the future" message previously communicated....or as I said above, maybe phase in the price increases. Imho!

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You are a nice guy too.

:kiss:

Yes, you are probably right, it’s probably the relation to the cheap prices / expectation.

Re Loss Leader - yes, consistent gates of 20k+ and sell-outs too, will have made them Re-think their pricing.

At the end of the day, they will work their prices on supply and demand, and we then decide whether we pay or not.  There will be winners and losers.  I’m quite pragmatic about it.  I think they misjudged certain "customer segments", and could have handled it differently.  

If strategically they want the LS Lower to be full paying adults (plus u19s paying more than in other parts), they need to think about whether they communicate that or not, and if they do when, and how they are going to transition to that, e.g. in one go at short notice (like they did), or phase it in.

It looks as if they’ve paid lip-service to the "kids are the fans of the future" message previously communicated....or as I said above, maybe phase in the price increases. Imho!

Well said. Although I think your are being too gracious to the club. 

Their mantra is clearly now "we'll squeeze whatever we can get away with out of the fan base" 

3 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

City were using Children's ticket almost as a loss leader they now believe they don't need to.3/5

Your point regarding other leisure activities there ... If Bristol Sport want Bristol City to be socially inclusive they may want to rethink their principles. Coaching football for a charity I would answer yes £199 really is a lot of money. And that price compares very badly with the leisure activity that is football offered by junior clubs for kids of both genders and disabilities in South Bristol who are truly socially inclusive.

22 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm surprised anyone expects an apology , why would they? I doubt very much anyone at the club sees it as a mistake. They would have had a meeting, someone spots an opportunity to increase revenue and a chance for a pat on the back from Steve. They didn't expect the amount of anger from fans, many like myself who it doesn't really affect but still feel aggrieved .  They just see it as a change of mind and probably still feel as though they deserve a pat on the back for being soooo understanding to the poor old supporters cause.

Agree completely, apart from one thing. My guess is the owner is fully involved in money matters such as this.

Always makes me laugh when I read the phrase "the Bristol City family" because it's rubbish by and large. "Them and us" would be much nearer the truth and this is just the latest example. No surprise though really given the state of modern football.  

18 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Agree completely, apart from one thing. My guess is the owner is fully involved in money matters such as this.

Always makes me laugh when I read the phrase "the Bristol City family" because it's rubbish by and large. "Them and us" would be much nearer the truth and this is just the latest example. No surprise though really given the state of modern football.  

'Twas ever thus.

I can remember in our first season back in the 1st division when the Leeds game was called off at half time.  Because it had reached HT no refunds were given.  Kew then came out and said it was good news for the club as we would get the revenue from the ticket sales for the rematch!

2 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

'Twas ever thus.

I can remember in our first season back in the 1st division when the Leeds game was called off at half time.  Because it had reached HT no refunds were given.  Kew then came out and said it was good news for the club as we would get the revenue from the ticket sales for the rematch!

Gotta love Les.

14 hours ago, GIBBO THE GREAT said:

my sons disabled ticket was £301 last season next season it will cost £415 

4 minutes ago, DANWRENBCFC4LIFE said:

******* ridiculous 

Its these scenarios affecting many individuals that are lost to many yet persist after Bristol Sports latest announcement. 

Its a disgrace and hasn't been discussed in any communication coming from the club. 

They are cowards. 

No other respectable business treats disabled people like this. But then, Bristol Sport has form for lip service with their disabled facilities so I shouldn't be too surprised.  

Archived