IGNORED

Bus to Ashton gate

man in the middle

3 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

Hi everyone

can anyone tell me what bus services there are from Temple meads to Ashton gate and back again after the match,

cheers!

Don’t be silly,18 ton trucks were delivering down bedminster but buses couldn’t make it out(guess it’s insurance reason s because I can’t think of any other reason)taxis will be readily available tho mate 

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Don’t be silly,18 ton trucks were delivering down bedminster but buses couldn’t make it out(guess it’s insurance reason s because I can’t think of any other reason)taxis will be readily available tho mate 

3 adults and 8 boys from a local team so I don’t want to grab taxis if we can help it, buses would be preferred but I’ve never used one to football myself so not sure what buses normally run cheers 

Hi everyone

can anyone tell me what bus services there are from Temple meads to Ashton gate and back again after the match,

cheers!

This always amazes me but unless you are arriving at 255 it is walkable, both ways. Takes 25 minutes at most. It's a lovely walk, you can stride down East Street and see some of the landmarks of SouthBristol like the bloke with chickens and the cowboy with the shopping basket. You can pop into ASDA and take in the various performance art and fight over the self-checkouts with a bloke trying to pay for Natch with the green charity tokens, then you can amble through Redcliffe and pause to have a refreshing drink and game of pool in The Bell (you may need a time machine) before arriving back at the train station in time for the one hour delay.

No buses required. No Uber required. 

PS if you get tired there is always the motorised wheelchair outside the Little Grovesnor (one of the seven South Bristol wonders of the world).

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

This always amazes me but unless you are arriving at 255 it is walkable, both ways. Takes 25 minutes at most. It's a lovely walk, you can stride down East Street and see some of the landmarks of SouthBristol like the bloke with chickens and the cowboy with the shopping basket. You can pop into ASDA and take in the various performance art and fight over the self-checkouts with a bloke trying to pay for Natch with the green charity tokens, then you can amble through Redcliffe and pause to have a refreshing drink and game of pool in The Bell (you may need a time machine) before arriving back at the train station in time for the one hour delay.

No buses required. No Uber required. 

PS if you get tired there is always the motorised wheelchair outside the Little Grovesnor (one of the seven South Bristol wonders of the world).

8 boys are all under 9 so I don’t think they want to walk over 30mins in the cold but cheers anyway 

2 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

8 boys are all under 9 so I don’t think they want to walk over 30mins in the cold but cheers anyway 

Sorry fella I was only messing about. Call Club Cars on North Street and arrange two people carriers, won't be more than £15ish

If buses are running, 52 runs from by the park. Alternatively a 15 minute walk to West Street and take  the 75/76

• Admin
12 hours ago, man in the middle said:

Hi everyone

cheers!

@man in the middle Best bet is walk to the stops on Redcliffe Hill - walk to the bottom of Temple Meads and cross to the far side, at the Holiday Inn follow the pavement around to the right.

Just past the derelict garage follow the road on the left, go up the hill past the closed pub on the left, then follow the road around to the right

When you get to the main road turn left, you need the second bus stop down the hill

Take the 24, it takes you to by the Rising Sun pub, after the game the stop is beside the park

Archived