IGNORED

The Bristol City FC v Sheffield Wednesday FC Match Day Thread 35

Septic Peg

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

To be fair that's about all he has done, been pretty invisible much of the time.

He's looked great. Much sharper on the ball, playing between the lines, moving the ball quickly. And yes, great little flick for the goal. 

7 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

That's our best 45 minutes of 2018.

Other than the scoreline, it's not even comparable to the game against Sunderland, who remarkably had the better of the first 20 minutes before collapsing.

I think you need to take into account sheff wed and how poor they'e been

3 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Get Reid off, put Diony on with Famara and get the youngsters on for experience. This one's in the bag :shutup: 

In all seriousness I would like to see Diony get on, probably not from minute 1 of the second half. I'd swap him for Diedihou though, think he'd work well with Reid and Paterson.

Would also like to see Eliasson at some point..

14 minutes ago, stogursey red said:

wasn't Bobby at Plymouth most of that time :laugh:

He was, yes yes, was on loan was he not (Plymouth ?) it was more to say, players that came from that squad/era have improved so much , and are providing the real core backbone of the side. I dread to think how many millions his signing on fee will now be if the club want him to sign a new deal. He will get 20 goals, and we know what value that has. His finishing is sublime . 

5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

To be fair that's about all he has done, been pretty invisible much of the time.

Patto? Short fella wearing 20? Would hazard a guess he has had the most touches in the half. (Completely willing to be corrected there btw i have the game on whilst working)

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

In all seriousness I would like to see Diony get on, probably not from minute 1 of the second half. I'd swap him for Diedihou though, think he'd work well with Reid and Paterson.

Let's just win this one, eh? Fiddle with the subs when we're six up...

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Some of the football played in the first half has been sublime, that first goal is one of the best I've seen in a long time, they look awful as well, no attacking threat and dodgy defensviely... 

They have caught us in our box a couple of times, and 3-1 would not have been unfair. A back four for us getting to know each other again maybe. We have just been lethal, 4 shots on target, 3 good goals. Would rather it did not go to 3-1, as at that stage it is all in the head.

1 minute ago, Aizoon said:

Let's just win this one, eh? Fiddle with the subs when we're six up...

What, so make no subs simply because we drew from the same scoreline a few weeks back.

I find it a bit strange how football fans make connections like that and try to find trends all the time. 

Without taking anything away from a really impressive 1st half performance, this is as poor a Wednesday as you will ever see, but we have been outstanding.

However the Wednesday's boss half time is a simple one, 'get the next goal and we are still in this'.

Given Pisano's obvious discomfort and his yellow card, LJ has a decision to make IMO, take him off to protect him or give another 15 minutes.

Brownhill and Reid are the best players on the field, closely followed by Smith and Pack, I even see small seeds of Paterson slowly regaining some confidence, his radar is still slightly off but his assist for 3rd was sublime and should give him more confidence.

The next goal is crucial we look fine defensively we just stood off twice on the edge of our box and Magnússon had to be rescued by Bryan for a momentary lack of concentration.

But hey I am happy and surprised in equal measure and some of the inter play is superb.

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's good to see Pato having one of his good days. 

Agree about those two, 

Eros is likely to tire and it worries me him on a yellow card. Probably see Walsh/ONeill on for him and move Korey back to RB? Hate seeing him there tho...

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Some of the football played in the first half has been sublime, that first goal is one of the best I've seen in a long time, they look awful as well, no attacking threat and dodgy defensviely... 

No attacking threat? They could have scored 3 themselves.

Archived