IGNORED

The Bristol City FC v Sheffield Wednesday FC Match Day Thread 35

Septic Peg

22 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

And yet still on here, every transfer window, we get told that we need to be landing big name players on big wages or we can’t compete. 

I’ll take this way of doing things every day. 

Fair play to your fans today, in great humour. Embarassing to see 10,000 City fans out or on their way out by the time the whistle blew whilst almost every travelling fan was still there. 

Not to mention those enjoying a pint in the concourse 10 minutes before half time, managing to miss not one but two of our goals. Makes you wonder why some people bother to go to the game at all!

6 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Not to mention those enjoying a pint in the concourse 10 minutes before half time, managing to miss not one but two of our goals. Makes you wonder why some people bother to go to the game at all!

How did you know they were on the concourse? ;):whistle:

I don’t know if this has already been mentioned (apologies if so) but there were a group of fans in the bottom corner of the Upper Lansdown Stand (closest to Weds fans) in the first half, all stood up who disappeared at HT. I was going to ask who they were but it turns out they were Willem fans.

Why were they put up there?

Edit: actually, it’s a stupid question, I’m guessing it’s because there were more fans than available seats in or near S82.

99CE7D24-5C44-4596-B2B9-DFBEBBC9DD5E.jpeg

Great performance, great result.  Bit dicey at the back occasionally but thankfully Wednesday had nothing at all up front.  How that lump is in the XI and Boyd was only on the bench I don't now.

Third goal was exceptional and lovely to see Bobby get his hat trick.

Well done City!

Excellent performance today. We looked like the team that had gotten into the top two before our dip in form (helped by a very disappointing away side).

I thought the midfield and Reid were brilliant. There was a lot of interchanging of positions, which made it difficult for SW to know who to pick up. 

Difficult to not give Reid MOM, but I thought Pack was outstanding. His reverse passes cut through Wednesday a number of times and put on us the front foot. 

Credit to SW for trying to play out from the back, but I don't think their midfield offered enough options to their defenders. Compare that with our midfield, we always seemed to have an option and the players wanted the ball in tight spaces. 

Well done lads

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Normally I'd stick up for the fans going if they want to, but today I totally agree with what you say.

We totally destroy the oppo and loads of our fans sod off before the end. Weird.

More stay to boo when we have ****** up.

I was desperate for a pi$$, that was my excuse

1 hour ago, BCFC Richard said:

He has played mostly left back for us but long-term future seen as a CB and indeed has played for U23's and England U20's there. However, you are right you can't really say he was playing out of position as he has played LB for a large part of his career so far.

I had not idea. So both understudy fullbacks are doing to be centre-halves then!

Archived