IGNORED

Bobby Reid hat trick.

kiwicolin

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Flint v Walsall. I can`t remember Brett getting one but could well be wrong about that.

It doesn`t happen that often though. Maynard got one on his debut in the friendly v Antwerp but before that you have to go back to SuperBob I think.

JET got one away from home at some point i think

3 minutes ago, otib118 said:

JET got one away from home at some point i think

Perfect hatty away at Carlisle. Hadn’t won all season. 1 nil down at the break. All of a sudden we started playing the ball around and created all kinds of holes in there defence. 

Proud to say I went that day with about 400 others 

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Spot on. Away at Carlisle. I think it was a `perfect` one too - left foot, right foot, header.

Our first win of that season IIRC.

Took me until 2014 to see a league win that season I think, even attending all home games except one.

Missed the 2-0 over Crawley, and missed the only goal of the game in the 1-0 Boxing Day win, so on a personal note I'd seen us draw.

First game we won where I saw the goals was Stevenage 4-1.

1 hour ago, The Gambler said:

Wayne Allison got one I think.

Leroy Lita definitely did against Torquay.

Last one in The Championship was indeed by the hugely underrated Wayne Allison v Birmingham.

THere must be a few fans with a “glad to be proven wrong” feeling, the amount of stick he has had in previous seasons.

Although I’ve always backed Bobby, I do know what that feeling is like. When Terry Cooper signed Keith Curle for £10,000 i think, I was fuming we’d paid money for this headless chicken of a winger from Torquay.

He went on to play for England.........like Bobby, after changing positions, this time from a winger to a pacey centre half. 

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Last one in The Championship was indeed by the hugely underrated Wayne Allison v Birmingham.

You have to be kidding me? My memory is good for a lot of things but was that really our last second tier hat trick. I was at that game and The Chief was as much a hero to me then as Bobby is to me now. With the difference I'm old enough now not to be star struck and yet Bobby is so good that for the first time in a decade or more I have that stupid vacant mouth open kid in awe look, every time he is on the ball. 

Many City players have done much more and for longer but honestly it is insane to me that Bobby is playing with the kind of skill and technique that we see on TV when analysts are purring about big time Prem or European footballers, and yet he is doing it for his local club and the only team he has ever played for. Absolute baller.

Archived