IGNORED

Please keep Jamie Patterson in the side...

EmersonsRed

2 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Yes him Brownhill  and Reid were unplayable today. 

It's strange how we all see things, I thought Korey was the driving force today, and I feel that Pato is still not the same player as he was before Xmas. there were two or three passes in the 2nd half that he overhit by miles, including what should have been a straightforward through ball to Famara. 

I rate JP highly but don't think he's been playing that well lately. I didn't think he had that good a game today, certainly not in the first half, and he didn't look unplayable from where I was sitting. Would have liked to see him wider and showing for the ball instead of being largely absent in the middle. That said, it was a good team performance today, with plenty of interchanging, which caused SW no end of problems.  

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

We look a better TEAM with Pato instead of Kent. 

We certainly looked like a very good team today. I'm not convinced it has to do with Pato instead of Kent, though. Pato looked like he was trying to hide in the middle a lot of the time. In areas usually filled by Pack and Smith. And I think a bit more width in midfield would have given us even more joy today.

Any improvement on his woeful recent form is good enough for me.

Honestly not at all surprised we're better without Kent. Nothing against the lad but he actually detracts from the style of football we're trying to play, and it's no surprise he didn't play after LJ's "my way or sling yer hook" stuff.

Far too much running in to dead ends, not looking up and wanting to beat his man all the time for me. Expect he'll turn in to the next Steve McManaman one day but he's nowhere near there yet.

Paterson firing on all cylinders is a top player at this level for his respective role in the team.

2 hours ago, Robin TBW said:

So glad Kent was dropped.

I think he’s done ok - but his style doesn’t align with the way the other 9 outfield players work.  From where we are in terms of the season, Pato is your go-to starter, Kent may be used to make an impact off of the bench.  Pato on-song is a fine player.

Great win last night by the way....they certainly put us fans through the wringer!  Looking forward to your Box-Score Analysis! (Sorry, off topic Basketball for the rest of you)

Archived