IGNORED

Hörður (Merged)

Port Said Red

20 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Have you been watching Flint recently? What's struck me most recently is the improvement of his passing, been playing brilliant some brilliant long balls recently.

Do agree RE Magnússon though. Glad to see him getting some proper praise on here.

yup should have had a assists with a lovely pass putting famara clean through on goal at the weekend. His all round game just gets better and better

On 03/03/2018 at 22:29, Collis1 said:

There is no wonder he is rated after today's performance. In Maggers you have a centre half who can actually bring the ball out of defence, pick out decent passes etc. Baker and certainly not Flint are really capable of that. It was a significant contribution to our overall play today.

Flint can't play out from the back? I take it you missed his assist for Paterson at home to Middlesbrough earlier this season :facepalm:

There is no wonder he is rated after today's performance. In Maggers you have a centre half who can actually bring the ball out of defence, pick out decent passes etc....

Really?! I just saw a guy who continually spanked it down the channels to no-one in particular....nothing against Maggers, but you obviously watched a different game...

There is no wonder he is rated after today's performance. In Maggers you have a centre half who can actually bring the ball out of defence, pick out decent passes etc. Baker and certainly not Flint are really capable of that. It was a significant contribution to our overall play today.

Said in another thread, but I think because Flint looks so awkward on the ball people seem to have this impression of him, whereas in reality his range of passing is exceptional for a championship level centre back. Can't think of many others that can play 2 defence splitting through balls in the air and on the deck in a game.

35 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Really?! I just saw a guy who continually spanked it down the channels to no-one in particular....nothing against Maggers, but you obviously watched a different game...

No he didn't, really, yesterday no one did that apart from the odd occasion in second half. it was all about palying out from the back

On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 21:39, REDOXO said:

He has at least two **** ups per game in him! 

However that doesn’t mean he won’t get better and I like the weapon he has. 

Cue!

fair summing up, just needs to be more decisive, liked it sat when he just hoofed it up field. sometimes that's all that's needed.

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I still don’t think he’s learned the ‘key fact’ - he dwelt on the ball for way too long at one point yesterday and put us bang in trouble....he does this way too much. He just needs to eliminate it from his game...he’s done it too much eg Cardiff home and away and Man City at home to name but three....

Agreed he holds on to the ball longer than what’s needed. He always looks to keep the ball on the deck where possible, drags strikers out of position by holding on to it giving more time and space to Smith/Pack. The errors we saw against Man City and Cardiff seem to have stopped. He’s not letting the ball go out under pressure, he’s putting challenges in if he keeps his spot in the team I’m confident he’d be a championship standard defender come May.

On 03/03/2018 at 19:58, kivsy said:

doesn’t seem to be the strongest physically.   

Totally agree. Needs a bit more muscle and, more importantly, aggression. He got bundled into our net off the ball by a Wednesday forward and said/did nothing about it. You'd never see anyone trying that on with baker or flint. 

Mags is definitely improving, but that aggression is a vital asset he needs to add to become a solid championship centre back  

Huh? Flint is actually pretty decent at this. Clearly something thats been worked on because he didnt used to be but his distribution is much better than say 1/2 years ago

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Huh? Flint is actually pretty decent at this. Clearly something thats been worked on because he didnt used to be but his distribution is much better than say 1/2 years ago

God, I hate 'Huh' - American shit. Didn't your parents teach you any manners?:P

As someone else mentioned, I must have been watching a different game. But, the game I was watching Maggers was bringing the ball out defence and getting involved with some pretty intricate passes with Pack/Smith. Whilst its true Flint has improved his distribution, I have never seen him do this to the extent of Maggers on Saturday.

HUH.

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

http://championship.squawka.com/english-football-league-championship/03-03-2018/bristol-vs-sheff-w-day/matches

Click on Magnússon, passing and you will see his passing map.

He played very few passes into channels.

Astonishing improvement in accuracy compared to the match v Cardiff.

image.png.3bc2a9c2c93024cf54202a2fac502d4f.png

37 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

http://championship.squawka.com/english-football-league-championship/03-03-2018/bristol-vs-sheff-w-day/matches

I believe what this does show is that possibly LJ has told him to play simpler as a lot of the passes are sideways or backwards and very short. 

Also the passes given away are longer which tells its own story.

Thought he was average Saturday. Did what was expected against a team that didn’t test him, too many getting carried away because he didn’t **** up for once

3 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

I believe what this does show is that possibly LJ has told him to play simpler as a lot of the passes are sideways or backwards and very short. 

Also the passes given away are longer which tells its own story.

Thought he was average Saturday. Did what was expected against a team that didn’t test him, too many getting carried away because he didn’t **** up for once

No getting carried away. He did what I would hope a ball playing centre back would do distribute the ball successfully and simply retaining possession versus inviting pressure onto the team from lost possession e.g. numerous members of the team over recent weeks.

I believe the improvement was due to being at CB, and the improvement across the team was in the teams selection and shape which encourages to feet rather than longer.   

Regarding your he didn't **** up for once. How many errors defensive errors has he made leading to goals this season in the league? 

Yes passes given away are longer. A norm. However another player whose passing accuracy improved significantly Saturday was Fielding due to dropping the ball short into the option of Magnússon showing for it.

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

This basically proves my point. Compare this to Flints and you will see the clear difference. This website is great by the way, how do they get this data?!

2 hours ago, Cowshed said:

No getting carried away. He did what I would hope a ball playing centre back would do distribute the ball successfully and simply retaining possession versus inviting pressure onto the team from lost possession e.g. numerous members of the team over recent weeks.

I believe the improvement was due to being at CB, and the improvement across the team was in the teams selection and shape which encourages to feet rather than longer.   

Regarding your he didn't **** up for once. How many errors defensive errors has he made leading to goals this season in the league? 

Yes passes given away are longer. A norm. However another player whose passing accuracy improved significantly Saturday was Fielding due to dropping the ball short into the option of Magnússon showing for it.

Frankie literally rolls it to baker and flint exactly the same and has done all season. 

Magnússon played 5/10 yard passes all game to flint or Bryan and sometimes pack when he dropped in. Anybody who’s played a bit of football can do that.

He is still the weak link in our team and performing to a standard the same as everyone else on Saturday doesn’t mean he has become a good player for us yet.

Have to agree to disagree on him. If baker is fit Magnússon doesn’t play simple

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'd definitely have Bailey over Mags if he's fit. Though i expect both play if Baker is still out as pisano might be rested. 

LJ was full of praise post match for Hörður's performance on Saturday which suggests that Wright will be on the bench. at Deepdale.

Personally I hope LJ shares my view of not changing a winning team.

37 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Frankie literally rolls it to baker and flint exactly the same and has done all season. 

Magnússon played 5/10 yard passes all game to flint or Bryan and sometimes pack when he dropped in. Anybody who’s played a bit of football can do that.

He is still the weak link in our team and performing to a standard the same as everyone else on Saturday doesn’t mean he has become a good player for us yet.

Have to agree to disagree on him. If baker is fit Magnússon doesn’t play simple

There have been games where Frankie Fielding recently has not been rolling it out or playing it to feet consistently. A obvious example was Cardiff. 

Magnussons passes are not 5/10 yards, and that is a fact. That map confirmed it. And neither were they played (spanked!!) into channels as you stated. 

Magnussons  passing ability at centre back is an asset. Note not RB.  

You have not answered the question regarding defensive error leading to goals?

On 3/3/2018 at 19:19, spudski said:

I can't remember...serious question...have we ever scored from the consequences of a Hörður throw in?

Not at home that I remember(get out clause) but as a defender I like him , would prefer him to stay lefter but I don't know how he is told to play.

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Is that definite or a guess based on you think he came through Saturday ok?

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It's a guess of course but LJ and Eros himself will want game time to get upto speed. He's an integral part of the team and was sorely missed as we saw on Saturday. He did well for the hour he was on and I expect he'll get the same at Deepdale.

50 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It's a guess of course but LJ and Eros himself will want game time to get upto speed. He's an integral part of the team and was sorely missed as we saw on Saturday. He did well for the hour he was on and I expect he'll get the same at Deepdale.

I hope he has come through unscaved, I liked what I saw pre-injury

Archived