IGNORED

Cotterill got the bullet then

kevthered

16 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

As super said he’s a league one manager,a poor mans Warnock you could say 

Why on earth would he be a poor mans warnock? Feigning injury? Time wasting? Shit football. 

Cotts has none of those. 

I know some on here are unappreciative of what he did for us, but poor mans Warnock is bollocks. 

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

He was on "gardening leave" picking up his City salary until his contract finished. 

He was being paid by City untill he found employment - at Brum as assistant to 'Arry.  By doing that his contract with us was forfeited.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He was being paid by City untill he found employment - at Brum as assistant to 'Arry.  By doing that his contract with us was forfeited.

Not so. He was at Brum on a non contract basis so as to not trigger the end of the severance deal from us. Hence he was in no desperate hurry to seek a position following the end of the arrangement there at the start of this season.

11 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Why on earth would he be a poor mans warnock? Feigning injury? Time wasting? Shit football. 

Cotts has none of those. 

I know some on here are unappreciative of what he did for us, but poor mans Warnock is bollocks. 

I didn’t mean it as in style of football I meant it as in if you want promotion from league 1 then get cotts in and then get rid,if you want promotion from the championship get Warnock in and then get rid.

16 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Cotts has none of those. 

Well said Fordy, can’t believe the disrespect some on this forum show to a manager who gave us our greatest season in living memory

2 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Correct. Getting paid for not working and didn't want to make a pay cut. 

Yep. And his City contract would have expired last summer, hence his availability again.

As mentioned further up, there've been jobs available at decent-sized L1 clubs at various points in the last couple of years that you'd imagine he'd be well in the frame for if he was interested, yet nothing happened.

7 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yep. And his City contract would have expired last summer, hence his availability again.

As mentioned further up, there've been jobs available at decent-sized L1 clubs at various points in the last couple of years that you'd imagine he'd be well in the frame for if he was interested, yet nothing happened.

He was about to be appointed Bolton boss til they went for Parkinson. Likewise Sheff Utd with Wilder. 

He has a big ego so needs to be a ‘sleeping giant’ type L1 club, ala the above. 

9 minutes ago, petehinton said:

He was about to be appointed Bolton boss til they went for Parkinson. Likewise Sheff Utd with Wilder. 

He has a big ego so needs to be a ‘sleeping giant’ type L1 club, ala the above. 

Probably would have been a perfect fit for Brum when they get relegated then.

22 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Coventry I think. 

Obviously more to it then just looking at stats, but since taking the Forest job his record at this level covering three different clubs is pretty terrible.

86 games. 22 wins, 19 draws and 45 defeats.

On a similar note, Pardew has now won 7 of his last 54 Premier League games.

39 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

The only decent sized L1 I can think of that he would of been interested in would of been Sheff Utd

Just seen the second goal they conceded today. Free kick to Brum midway in the forest half, everyone up from the back bar the keeper and they tried playing it short and make a mess of it. Within seconds forest have a throwing in the Brum half and one diagonal ball and decent finish makes it 2-0.

It doesn’t matter what manager you have in charge when the players make those types of errors over and over again!

C5 pundits are saying the new manager has no chance unless the owner gets more involved.

Sorry but I don't understand what they're on about. You can't sign any players now for the rest of the season. Realistically, signing off on new players is the only thing the owner really does. Seems like the damage was done in the last two windows. 

12 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

And yet winning league 1 and the Micky mouse cup trumps that in your eyes 

No it doesn’t, maybe I should of exchanged “living memory” for “generations” just for the pedantic, either way he gave us a truly memorable season

If their recent managers, Redknapp, Zola, cotts all with good levels of success in football can't get a tune out of that rabble there is obviously more going on at that club than meets the eye.

Pray we never get bought out by shite foreign owners who don't understand English football or the heritage of the great clubs we have in this country.

Cotts - you are good manager take a job in the EFL with a who will respect you, 5 promotions is no fluke. Hope to see him again at Ashton gate for whoever he goes to next.

7 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

If their recent managers, Redknapp, Zola, cotts all with good levels of success in football can't get a tune out of that rabble there is obviously more going on at that club than meets the eye.

Pray we never get bought out by shite foreign owners who don't understand English football or the heritage of the great clubs we have in this country.

Cotts - you are good manager take a job in the EFL with a who will respect you, 5 promotions is no fluke. Hope to see him again at Ashton gate for whoever he goes to next.

:clap::clap::clap:

Archived