IGNORED

Where's the ' Diony ' is crap thread ?

Major Isewater

18 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

For the people that were at the game it would be hard to defend Lois' stint. City put in a great performance, not their best this season, but strong, fluid and clinical. However, Diony was awful, that's a fact. I hope he improves because we all want to see The Bull succeed.

No, that's an opinion.

Even if objectively his performance was bad, which it may well have been, what determines if he is "awful" or "an embarrassment" isn't going to be your (or my) opinion.

47 minutes ago, Tim Bartlett said:

it’s not happening for Diony and I can’t see things changing. For me he’ll be remembered along side some of our other loan striker signings of recent years.

Andy Smith

Andrius Velička

Alvaro Saborio

Andy Keogh

Stefan Maierhofer

Martin Paterson

Bit harsh to include Velicka seeing as he had a season-ending injury 3 minutes into his debut!

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Did ok, nothing bad. Made a few challenges, won a header and cleared a corner as well. One touch I think with his feet where he slipped and fell over. 

I reckon if you stuck anyone of average fitness under the age of 40 on a football pitch they’d probably manage to win a header, clear a corner and fall over.

I’d be hoping for a bit more from a professional supposedly worth millions.

Interesting one for me was that in the warm up he deliberately kept pushing himself to the back of the shooting queue. Bobby ended up having 4 shots before Diony even had one. Confidence maybe but I think it is more serious than that - looks completely out of his depth. Weird behaviour at the end aswell with all the players celebrating with each other but Diony not looking like he wanted to be part of it.

Lets hope he can notch one sooner than later.

As we have seen and know many of the squad are not up to it.

To be fair apart from Reid and Smith no one in the side are good enough to take us all the way (according to some)

Shows how far we have come really. If Pissano stays fit, Baker gets back soon and most important O'Dowda returns to the squad, then we have a shot.

1 hour ago, Tim Bartlett said:

it’s not happening for Diony and I can’t see things changing. For me he’ll be remembered along side some of our other loan striker signings of recent years.

Andy Smith

Andrius Velička

Alvaro Saborio

Andy Keogh

Stefan Maierhofer

Martin Paterson

Sorry, but including our greatest keeper in recent history in Maierhofer with those lot is very harsh... 

• Admin
1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Its amazing, even after a 4-0 win the knives are out for someone.

Pathetic.

I was stuck in work today, so have no opinion on his cameo performance, but there are more than a few posters who aren’t hysterical, hang ‘em high types, who are expressing concern.  I would expect, a player with a price tag in the region of several lifetimes wages for the average fan, to make some impact, to show a sign or two of what led to that price tag.  I have read nothing, that suggests that is happening, it may well be that he shows well on the training pitch, there maybe videos of his previous exploits that led to him being taken on.  

It’s more than possible that Lee or someone on the coaching staff sees something that many posters on here don’t.  I have nothing against the bloke, I hope he turns into a bargain and suddenly morphs into a 30 goal striker, but I fear, that there are enough posters on here who have an inkling about football and they may well be right.......

He really hasn't had enough game time or service to make a judgement yet. he did well at Angeres with two up front, but struggled at St Etienne when he was left on his own up front. It's clear that he doesn't like being the lone target man, so would work better with Fam.

Doesn't look like a £7m striker, but given time to settle, game time and decent service, you never know.

He does seem keen to impress to me and maybe it will take a goal or two to give him confidence.

4 minutes ago, Malago said:

So the OTIB court of instant judgement finds him guilty of being crap based on one “shocking touch”.?

This isn't a judgement of one touch. It's been all his involvement so far. He may come good - I hope he does cos he is clearly going to get game time. But early signs are very poor. 

Archived