IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday

BCFCadam

Cannot be the only one who for about 10 minutes for once stopped watching City, just to appreciate how bad they really were today. Couldn't string more than 5+ passes together and had no communication skills whatsoever, Never heard of half of their players, not that I shall be remembering any names anytime soon. If I was their manager I'd blast them for that performance.

PS. That number 17 has to be the most useless striker/forward I've ever seen.

But who cares, city won at the end of the day eh?

7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

They were truly awful and you have to feel for the fans at that proper club,they looked doomed to me,if not this season then next unless there is a massive turn around of players 

Good set of fans as well

Do bear in mind that they played a tough game at Swansea mid week, travelled back to Sheffield and then back down to Bristol yesterday.  They also had several key players injured, so that was not the real Wednesday we were seeing.

Credit to their fans too, wh stuck by their team and must have had a difficult trip down too - I read somewhere that thay had to catch 5 different trains because of service disruptions.

10 minutes ago, BCFCadam said:

I dunno, QPR are up there.

Yeah they were poor, but Weds were on another level today. I’ve never seen a team so emotionally detached from a game. They really didn’t want to be there today. 

9 first teamers injured what I heard... will contribute to that...worse than our injury crisis even. I think they've had a rolling injury crisis this year.

That's why great though today was, and confidence boosting though it is, we should temper it a little- as indeed we seem to be. They were very poor opponents.

3 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

One of their strikers? (Nehiu)? looks like something right out of game of thrones, and 5 ft 7 Joe Bryan squared up to him :clapping::clapping:

Nuhiu, the man who divides fans like no other, and is the cause of several civil wars over on Owlstalk.

He can be effective from the bench but rarely when he starts.

39 minutes ago, BCFCadam said:

Good set of fans as well

yes agree, do you know I was embarrassed how easy it was, for the first time honestly in my life felt genuinely sorry for the away support, perhaps it was the weather but for once winning that easy did not give me the feeling I normally get, must be getting soft in my old age!

27 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

One of their strikers? (Nehiu)? looks like something right out of game of thrones, and 5 ft 7 Joe Bryan squared up to him :clapping::clapping:

Was that the guy who at one point had JB called over to him, then said something to him that seemed to annoy him whilst Liam Walsh applauded whatever he said. 

I was imagining him saying: 'Your a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me it's a full time job. Now behave yourself.

48 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Nuhiu, the man who divides fans like no other, and is the cause of several civil wars over on Owlstalk.

He didn't get any service at all today. I'm no Pep but me thinks you may need some decent wingers to get the best out of him! 

1 hour ago, Owl Visiting said:

Who was your number 16? Absolute gash.

16 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Liam Palmer, came through our academy several years ago, he's a decent footballer but sometimes struggles at this level. He rarely makes the first 11 unless we have injuries.

I thought Adam Reach looked. A good player . Despite the poor standard of rest of team , he kept going . Good left foot respect to your fans and their black humour was quality . 

20 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Do bear in mind that they played a tough game at Swansea mid week, travelled back to Sheffield and then back down to Bristol yesterday.  They also had several key players injured, so that was not the real Wednesday we were seeing.

Credit to their fans too, wh stuck by their team and must have had a difficult trip down too - I read somewhere that thay had to catch 5 different trains because of service disruptions.

It's true that the side would have been almost entirely different with everyone available but it doesn't excuse a performance as bad as that.

The line-up yesterday : Wildsmith, Palmer, Venancio, Pudil, Fox, Clare, Pelupessy, Reach, Stobbs, Nuhiu, Joao

Full strength: Westwood, Hunt, Lees, Venancio, Reach, Wallace, Bannan, Lee, Forestieri, Fletcher, Hooper

Big difference with only Reach really being the definite first choice player from our current 11. There are plenty of others (also injured) that would be taking up the places on the bench. I'd say 5 maybe 6 of those that started yesterday wouldn't make the matchday squad.

We've got to find a way of winning with what we've got though or it'll be back to League One.

2 hours ago, Redstreet said:

I thought Adam Reach looked. A good player . Despite the poor standard of rest of team , he kept going . Good left foot respect to your fans and their black humour was quality . 

Yeah, been our only consistent performer this season, worried he'll be off in the summer.

Archived