IGNORED

Interesting stat....

spudski

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

....read today.

We've hit woodwork 13 times this season.

Brentford 16 times.

If only they had gone in instead.

4 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

I think sheff u hit the woodwork against us 4 times at their place.

To paraphrase "As time goes by"  A miss is still a miss :) 

2 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Bristol City passing accuracy v Cardiff 53%.

Bristol City passing accuracy v Sheffield Wednesday 86%

Moral pass it to feet.

Depends whether you are playing safe sideways or trying to break the lines...passing accuracy percentages can be misleading, but in this case, I'd agree.

13 minutes ago, spudski said:

....read today.

We've hit woodwork 13 times this season.

Brentford 16 times.

If only they had gone in instead.

Oh don't say that. If I remember some ex poster used to think Liverpool would have won the premier league if their woodwork shots had gone in :)

4 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Never really got the whole thing about it being unlucky to hit the woodwork. It's exactly the same as if the ball goes wide of the post, it's off target, luck doesn't come in to it.

Depends on what happens with the ball.. a la Frank Lampard. But I tend to agree

14 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think a more interesting stat @spudski would be how often we have reacted quickly enough to score from a rebound of the woodwork. I seem to remember a couple of those at least. 

Fine margins as they say. Interestingly the majority of teams that have hit the woodwork most are in the top 10.

6 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I'd imagine that's because they're having the most shots, being better teams and all that.

Sheff Utd are actually pretty shot shy, only averaging 11.4 per match, that's fewer than Hull, QPR and Birmingham.  Brentford are up nearer 18 with us hovering at just under 13 per game.  Brentford should be glad they are taking so many as their shot conversion is pretty poor; perhaps they tend to shoot from further out or from tighter angles. Hence they take loads of shots but few go in and many hit the woodwork.

We are actually proving reasonably clinical. 13(ish) shots per game and on average scoring one every 8.5 or so.

2018-03-04-ch-att.png?w=860

20 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Moral pass it to feet.

All that actually tells me is Sheff Wednesday gave us all the time in the world to pass the ball & Cardiff didn’t.,

20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

All that actually tells me is Sheff Wednesday gave us all the time in the world to pass the ball & Cardiff didn’t.,

Too right Graham. Wednesday were a spineless embarrassment to their well-supported and vocal following. No pressing. No intensity. No interest.

20 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Moral pass it to feet.

29 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

3 hours ago, Cowshed said:

I will do another one.

V Cardiff crosses 22

V Wednesday 6

@GrahamC ... Did Cardiff allow Bristol City more time to then cross ineffectually the ball? 

I would argue that the above stats are a clear consequence of team selection and intent.

Putting two big players up front creates a psychology in players minds where they will go longer, cross more, passing accuracy will then obviously fall. That is the intent of the team selection - More direct.

Changes in personnel in Magnuson, Pisano, Patterson .. Changed altogether the intent and psychology of the team regardless of Sheffield Wednesday less than tight play..  

Archived