TBW

"Oooooooh Bristol City la la la la

La la la la 

OH.

Oooooooh Bristol City la la la la

La la la la 

OH."

... and repeat for EIGHT MINUTES.

Who the hell came up with it? It kills the atmosphere and just drags on for so long. It's bloody awful.

39 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

"Oooooooh Bristol City la la la la

La la la la 

OH.

Oooooooh Bristol City la la la la

La la la la 

OH."

... and repeat for EIGHT MINUTES.

Who the hell came up with it? It kills the atmosphere and just drags on for so long. It's bloody awful.

It's a 'modern' thing...noise for the sake of it. It's not atmosphere...it's like white noise that you try to blank out. Drives me mad when you here announcers say ' cmon make some noise'... What the hell does that actually mean? It's inane dumbed down and unfortunately approved of by the majority of the millennials...don't think...just make a noise. Expecting shit for that comment but repeating the same words over and over again for minutes...isn't that what babies do?

1 minute ago, spudski said:

It's a 'modern' thing...noise for the sake of it. It's not atmosphere...it's like white noise that you try to blank out. Drives me mad when you here announcers say ' cmon make some noise'... What the hell does that actually mean? It's inane dumbed down and unfortunately approved of by the majority of the millennials...don't think...just make a noise. Expecting shit for that comment but repeating the same words over and over again for minutes...isn't that what babies do?

I love a good chant, especially the funny ones but this one just goes on and on and on. White noise is a great shout for a comparison. 

5 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

I love a good chant, especially the funny ones but this one just goes on and on and on. White noise is a great shout for a comparison. 

The same goes for Mags song...it has its place, but so often taken too far. And the bloody Gas songs... arghhhhhh

2 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Can I ask if you join in with any singing? Celebrating after a goal doesn’t count

Yes when needed and appropriate.

I will add that I'm a supporter that likes to study and watch the game. So not one to get drunk, jump around, chant, watch half the game and then give critique on what we do wrong ;)

6 minutes ago, spudski said:

Yes when needed and appropriate.

I will add that I'm a supporter that likes to study and watch the game. So not one to get drunk, jump around, chant, watch half the game and then give critique on what we do wrong ;)

People critique football best when they’re pissed !

52 minutes ago, spudski said:

Find a song that people pick up on and it's noise, no one sings and it's a library. Rock and a hard place. 

Have to say it kept me warm joining in yesterday. :)

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Find a song that people pick up on and it's noise, no one sings and it's a library. Rock and a hard place. 

Have to say it kept me warm joining in yesterday. :)

Fair play, each to their own...however I'd look like a right numpty doing that sat amongst the old age pensioners club in the middle of the Dolman.

Call me an old git, but when younger I've sung and chanted with the best of them, but even without rose tinted glasses, it was always classy, worthwhile and often funny...now imo, and many others, it's just boring, inane, with lack of thought or humour, and often copied. Pretty much like everything else in todays society...nothing new or copied.

What's made my day however...is that I got snaked by a Rodian bounty hunter working for Jabba the Hutt...at least I know what I'm dealing with :laugh: wtf! kids

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Fair play, each to their own...however I'd look like a right numpty doing that sat amongst the old age pensioners club in the middle of the Dolman.

Call me an old git, but when younger I've sung and chanted with the best of them, but even without rose tinted glasses, it was always classy, worthwhile and often funny...now imo, and many others, it's just boring, inane, with lack of thought or humour, and often copied. Pretty much like everything else in todays society...nothing new or copied.

What's made my day however...is that I got snaked by a Rodian bounty hunter working for Jabba the Hutt...at least I know what I'm dealing with :laugh: wtf! kids

Contemplating snaking you myself just to see what description I would receive :P 

Personally , I'm no Millenial , I'm a child of the 60's and love the chant . Gives things a bit of a European feel . How anyone can say it kills  the atmosphere I've no idea . Anything that helps to bring back the atmospheres that I recall as a youngster is good by me ! Mind you , I maybe the only 50 something that can't stand anything sung or played by the bloody Wurzels ! Controversial ? 

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Personally , I'm no Millenial , I'm a child of the 60's and love the chant . Gives things a bit of a European feel . How anyone can say it kills  the atmosphere I've no idea . Anything that helps to bring back the atmospheres that I recall as a youngster is good by me ! Mind you , I maybe the only 50 something that can't stand anything sung or played by the bloody Wurzels ! Controversial ? 

Nope. I`m with you there.

4 hours ago, spudski said:

The same goes for Mags song...it has its place....

...and it’s been sung by Palace for over six years too, with much better lyrics: Here’s to you famous red and blue, Selhurst loves you more than you will know, whoa, we’ll fight for you famous red and blue, Palace boys are with you when you play, oh wayyyy...”

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

...and it’s been sung by Palace for over six years too, with much better lyrics: Here’s to you famous red and blue, Selhurst loves you more than you will know, whoa, we’ll fight for you famous red and blue, Palace boys are with you when you play, oh wayyyy...”

And manchester City have sung it for years about kompany. Most football chants are copies. 

I quite like the (sort of) icelandic clap that we have added though.

Que loads of jokes about catching the icelandic clap....

Archived