IGNORED

Bobby- Post Interview

bearded_red

Understand the obvious cynicism due to the website it's on, but if people have half hour to spare, I thought they might be interested in this interview with the greatest football player that ever lived. Seems as good a lad as he is a footballer..

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bobby-reid-bristol-city-interview-1295956

31 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Understand the obvious cynicism due to the website it's on, but if people have half hour to spare, I thought they might be interested in this interview with the greatest football player that ever lived....

Have you been his agent for long? Or is it the cooking sherry on a Sunday evening?!

Seriously though, thanks for sharing, great stuff!

Great to get an interview that's more than just a selection of soundbites but a shame that Bobby only did 25% of the talking! Thanks to the Evening Post for something different and genuinely interesting.

Bobby is a grounded young man with a clear desire to succeed with Bristol City. It's been said before, but he really is one of our own. There is nothing in that interview that hints at the idea that he would want to move. He clearly loves the club and the team place he has worked so hard to secure.

I have never seen a player turnaround their own fortunes in the way that Bobby has. The glimpses of ability from 4 or 5 years ago have been traded for regular man of the match performances.

The goals have been incredible. His trickery and general ball control have been exceptional. His stamina sets him apart from the lazy journeymen that we have signed during years of relative rediocrity.

Lee Johnson, huge credit for seeing a confident striker hiding inside that diminutive midfielder.

Massive credit to Bobby Reid for the determination to succeed in one of the toughest leagues in the world. An incredible season already and I hope we get to see many more of the same.

Just finished watching / listening to it.  

So nice to hear a footballer interviewed outside of pre-match / post-match cliches.  I’ve been impressed by his footballing interviews this season, but this proves he matured into Bobby Reid on and off the pitch and is no longer "young Bobby Reid".

I only hope he gets a proper contract offer to extend his time here.  He deserves it.  I’ve always rated his "ability", but wondered whether we’d ever see it in a City shirt.  The positional change has allowed him to be even better than I thought he could be.

Might be gushing, but I think he’s our most important player.

2 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

I just wanna know why how long it took to play him as a striker? what a player, what an athlete , a real credit to the club and City, Bristol is ours and he’s one of our own

Believe he was a striker as a kid.

Great to think back.. that Bobby and Joe were good mates when they were kids coming through at BCFC and now ...

Shite knows what they are worth and where they both can go

Well done, boys   Think we can finally say that City never produce anybody ?

Genuinely really pleased for Bobby. I remember talking with my dad at the start of the season and we both agreed this was going to be his last chance this year and that if he didn’t do it now, then that would probably be it for him at city.

At 24/25 he was no longer an exciting prospect and needed to deliver. He’s now playing in team that suits him, in a style that suits him and now a position that clearly suits him well.

The way he’s upped his game and taken that chance is outstanding and long may it continue! 

Occasionally watch MoTD and the Prem highlights but even they show the balance of Sane and the first touch of Salah is not quite up there with our Bobby. One of our Own and every City fan should want to travel to  games to watch him. He may only be with us for 11 or 14 more games but let's enjoy

A real eye opener for me. I've never seen Bobby off pitch and have little awareness of the type of person he is. I really hope that he fulfils his dream of playing for City in the Premier League as it will answer a lot of dreams for the supporters.

But wherever he goes in life and the game, I wish him all the best and anticipate that a lot more will be following him from our Bristol City Academy into the first team in the not too distant future.

Just watched it.

Brilliant interview.

Of course in the interests of “balance” The Post now has to interview some Rovers player, called Ollie Clarke? I genuinely had to Google him, I had never even heard of him..

11 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I'm worried he won't sign a new deal. He last signed a contract 2 summers ago. So I'm guessing he must be earning what he was worth back then, so should surely have signed a much improved deal by now.

I'm less worried having watched that - it's evident he's happy here and talked openly about playing in the Prem with.....City!

Having said that, the sooner we get him signed up on a long term deal, the better! :fingerscrossed:

Archived