IGNORED

SC&T/FAN/Supporters meeting

Dollymarie

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The club have gone away to think about things. Rest assured they were left in no doubt about the strong feelings around season tickets. 

I’m not sure that 0.5% of season ticket holders (people who can make it to Ashton gate on a regular basis) turning up, will really make them react too dramatically. 

Very poor turn out, considering the uproar on here. Imo. 

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The club have gone away to think about things. Rest assured they were left in no doubt about the strong feelings around season tickets. 

When are they going to report back their 'thinking' and have they suspended season ticket renewal in the interim and/or extended the deadline?

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m not sure that 0.5% of season ticket holders (people who can make it to Ashton gate on a regular basis) turning up, will really make them react too dramatically. 

Very poor turn out, considering the uproar on here. Imo. 

I'd have loved to have been there but unfortunately other things came up.

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'd have loved to have been there but unfortunately other things came up.

You and about 15,925 others. 

Thats not a dig. I couldn’t make it either. But with the supposed reaction on here, I had expected hundreds there to fight their corner. 

The club, I would think, will simply think that it’s really not that big an issue.

They’ve done their bit in providing senior executives for a short notice, open meeting that was demanded by supporters, yet the turnout suggests (rightly or wrongly) it’s just a vocal minority and I would be amazed if any further amendments were made to any policies off the back of it. 

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Thats not a dig. I couldn’t make it either. But with the supposed reaction on here, I had expected hundreds there to fight their corner. 

The club, I would think, will simply think that it’s really not that big an issue.

They’ve done their bit in providing senior executives for a short notice, open meeting that was demanded by supporters, yet the turnout suggests (rightly or wrongly) it’s just a vocal minority and I would be amazed if any further amendments were made to any policies off the back of it. 

Hopefully those who set the agenda for this evening are satisfied with the outcome and the club have a somewhat more realistic view on how the proposed price increases will impact people.

• SC&T Board Members
16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It was the biggest turn-out in years (if not since the desperate days of 1982) for an open fan meeting with the club on non-playing (or stadium development) matters. That in itself shows the level of feeling, as did the many well argued points put to MA and the others.

Whether it was 75 or 7,500 fans there is actually immaterial, the point was clearly made to the BCFC/BS execs that their pricing structure is hugely unpopular and that many fans (whether personally affected or not) find the percentage increases, short purchase window and particularly tough impact on junior and disabled fans totally unacceptable and an indication of a failure to understand the social aspect of going to football, i.e. a failure to understand the difference between fans and clients.

They reluctantly agreed to look again at disabled pricing (e.g. whether the increase could be staggered over 1 or 2 seasons) and at the length of the purchase window, but they were a long way from promising any movement on either of those... and appeared completely unwilling to consider any review at all of any other prices.

8 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

It was the biggest turn-out in years (if not since the desperate days of 1982) for an open fan meeting with the club on non-playing (or stadium development) matters. That in itself shows the level of feeling, as did the many well argued points put to MA and the others.

Whether it was 75 or 7,500 fans there is actually immaterial, the point was clearly made to the BCFC/BS execs that their pricing structure is hugely unpopular and that many fans (whether personally affected or not) find the percentage increases, short purchase window and particularly tough impact on junior and disabled fans totally unacceptable and an indication of a failure to understand the social aspect of going to football, i.e. a failure to understand the difference between fans and clients.

They reluctantly agreed to look again at disabled pricing (e.g. whether the increase could be staggered over 1 or 2 seasons) and at the length of the purchase window, but they were a long way from promising any movement on either of those... and appeared completely unwilling to consider any review at all of any other prices.

Great post tbh.

1 hour ago, Robin TBW said:

I don't get what all the uproar is about honestly... Is it really that bad? I know it's more expensive than the German league but most places in England are. That's just how it is here.

It's that kind of mentality that means ticket prices will continue to rise, and the opposite mentality has meant the German tickets remain low.

7 hours ago, Robin TBW said:

I don't get what all the uproar is about honestly... Is it really that bad? I know it's more expensive than the German league but most places in England are. That's just how it is here.

If you need to ask that question then you haven't looked at the detail of those worst affected. 

Thank you to all that went and represented those that couldn’t make it. I personally didn’t attend as getting back to my bed  at 3.15am after Preston and up at 6am would have found me sleeping I expect. As @Blagdon redsays it doesn’t matter if it was 75 or 75,000 attendees as the same points would have just been made over and over. As long as the important issues were at least noted by the club that’s what the meeting was for.

They were never going to announce changes there and then. I get the feeling we aren’t going to get much solved but they must be made aware that they cannot set a precedence for these type of rises on a yearly basis. I can understand their intention of bringing in-line the prices to the rest of the ground and the children’s prices are artificially low. ( My suggestion in that case would be to keep the child’s ticket low to encourage youngsters but take away the ‘free’ shirt option, parents are likely to buy anyway). 

Someone on the coach going to Preston also pointed out that although the deadline for renewal has been lengthened it doesn’t stretch until after the end of the month when many are traditionally paid.

21 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Were any details of this mysterious loyalty scheme mentioned, or do you think it will be one of those things they talk about and never implement?

They’re still working on it. But did promise to “consult” with fans over what that will look like. 

A serious question, which in fairness, I’ve onlt thought of just now... was the content of the meeting all based around telling the club that price rises were to much and time Windows too short, or did anyone ask the club to explain the financial impact that these new prices might have for the football club (based on like for like numbers) 

For instance... my Dolman ticket has gone up about £30 I think. That’s fine. 

My son’s has gone up from £50 to £99. A steep percentage rise, but still very good value, so I will be renewing both, but have waited until after this meeting, as requested. 

Now, had the club sat down, explained their position and plans and demonstrated that last years ST revenue was £XYZ and like for like sales would now see this rise to around £XYZ, which would give us an extra £XYZ to invest in the first team squad budget during the summer transfer window, maybe, just maybe, people could understand and justify paying the new rates, for the good of the team that we all support...?!

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

They’re still working on it. But did promise to “consult” with fans over what that will look like. 

Why haven’t they left the “Plus” scheme in place for this season and spent the next 12 months putting together this alternative package, rather than leaving such an annoyingly vague replacement, that nobody has a clue about what it will consist of..? 

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why haven’t they left the “Plus” scheme in place for this season and spent the next 12 months putting together this alternative package, rather than leaving such an annoyingly vague replacement, that nobody has a clue about what it will consist of..? 

Talked about a brand new technological linked loyalty scheme, perhaps something similar to Nectar card scheme, where you might earn cash rewards. Presumably on how much you spend. They don't seem sure if it is workable, but still looking at it.

This did not go down well. As someone said, football loyalty is not quantified by how much you spend, there's a lot more to it than that.

I thought Ashton did not cope that well under pressure when pressed on some of the issues. Came across as a bit of a victim. Said a few times football is a loss making business.

I spoke to him in the carpark afterwards and asked if they had considered a more even increase across all areas of the ground to raise the money required, thus perhaps softening the increase for those hardest hit. 

His reply was along the lines of however it's done you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Personally I came away thinking the whole thing had been a bit of lame PR exercise by the club, and nothing much will change. Others there may have a different view of course.

Archived