IGNORED

SC&T/FAN/Supporters meeting

Dollymarie

4 hours ago, Andy Horsman said:

I was a season ticket holder for several seasons when I became completely disillusioned with modern football. (The 2010 WC really was the beginning of this sense of despondency). The combination of McInnes tenure followed by O'Driscoll did for me. I stopped going to watch City AT ALL for 3 seasons, getting a S/T at my local Southern League club, Taunton Town instead. When I left the EE was standing, the ground development had not commenced and during the 3 years I was 'away', the ground was completely revamped, City won League One and the JPT at Wembley and I really missed watching City, watching another team was engaging, but there simply wasn't anything like the huge emotional attachment there is when you've supported a  club for 40+ years. The bottom line for me is, as I was not enjoying the experience I was happy to walk away as life's too short, but my love of BCFC didn't just vanish. At the start of 2016/17 after 3 years away I got an S/T at City again. The facilities are hugely impressive but we don't live in 1970 anymore, so they bloody should be!! I have NO affinity at all with Bristol Sport, I'm not Bristolian, have never had a BS postcode, my affinity is with Bristol City FC.  Home games are a 93 mile round trip, as opposed to a 10 minute stroll to Taunton's ground, but I've enjoyed the football these last two seasons despite the 'DNA/Customer Interface/Jargon bullshit' that permeates. Now? I simply cannot believe how naïve the decision makers at AG are. For the first time in years there's a palpable sense of momentum on and off the pitch, regular gates of 20k+ and the genuine prospect of the club reaching the Premier League with all the spoils and kudos that will bring. And then they royally shaft a sizeable percentage of the loyal support that has helped the club reach this point. Kamikaze PR!! My own S/T will not cost me more as I sit in the South Stand, but that's not the point. Others are being treated with more than a little contempt by automatons who see them as consumer units and not football supporters. Disgusting and unnecessary!!

As for the 'perks' that currently are part of the S/T 'package', the obvious explanation as to why they haven't been announced already is that they will be hugely scaled back, not nearly as good a s they are now and would logically add to the dissent when the club wants renewals. If it wasn't broken, why 'fix' it?  I cannot believe for one microsecond that that is not the case. These S/T figures were probably outlined months ago. A business of this size and scale isn't working them out the day before they're announced on the back of a fag packet. Similarly they know that is addition to the shitstorm the ticket prices has generated ( and I don't believer for a minute that they didn't see this response coming) that they would delay announcing that the additional cost would be in the shape of less generous benefits to S/T holders.

I'm off now to shower my severely disabled 16 year old twin sons now. Yes I'm a carer and football is one of my breaks from my responsibilities, so when the politics and corporate sludge affects the beautiful game I just walk away, as I know doubt will again.

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

Any chance you can pass this on to the 'suits' above you to read?

My season ticket price is staying the same but I miss enough games a season to probably break even with the POTD prices. Was happy to lend out my season ticket on those occasions. 

So, I’m going to pick and choose my games for the first time in 16 years. It’s not like there isn’t any spare seats in the ground. 

Im happy to not spend any money in the stadium either. Not a big spender but a tenner on average for a pie and a couple of pints is still over £200 a season

4 hours ago, Andy Horsman said:

I was a season ticket holder for several seasons when I became completely disillusioned with modern football. (The 2010 WC really was the beginning of this sense of despondency). The combination of McInnes tenure followed by O'Driscoll did for me. I stopped going to watch City AT ALL for 3 seasons, getting a S/T at my local Southern League club, Taunton Town instead. When I left the EE was standing, the ground development had not commenced and during the 3 years I was 'away', the ground was completely revamped, City won League One and the JPT at Wembley and I really missed watching City, watching another team was engaging, but there simply wasn't anything like the huge emotional attachment there is when you've supported a  club for 40+ years. The bottom line for me is, as I was not enjoying the experience I was happy to walk away as life's too short, but my love of BCFC didn't just vanish. At the start of 2016/17 after 3 years away I got an S/T at City again. The facilities are hugely impressive but we don't live in 1970 anymore, so they bloody should be!! I have NO affinity at all with Bristol Sport, I'm not Bristolian, have never had a BS postcode, my affinity is with Bristol City FC.  Home games are a 93 mile round trip, as opposed to a 10 minute stroll to Taunton's ground, but I've enjoyed the football these last two seasons despite the 'DNA/Customer Interface/Jargon bullshit' that permeates. Now? I simply cannot believe how naïve the decision makers at AG are. For the first time in years there's a palpable sense of momentum on and off the pitch, regular gates of 20k+ and the genuine prospect of the club reaching the Premier League with all the spoils and kudos that will bring. And then they royally shaft a sizeable percentage of the loyal support that has helped the club reach this point. Kamikaze PR!! My own S/T will not cost me more as I sit in the South Stand, but that's not the point. Others are being treated with more than a little contempt by automatons who see them as consumer units and not football supporters. Disgusting and unnecessary!!

As for the 'perks' that currently are part of the S/T 'package', the obvious explanation as to why they haven't been announced already is that they will be hugely scaled back, not nearly as good a s they are now and would logically add to the dissent when the club wants renewals. If it wasn't broken, why 'fix' it?  I cannot believe for one microsecond that that is not the case. These S/T figures were probably outlined months ago. A business of this size and scale isn't working them out the day before they're announced on the back of a fag packet. Similarly they know that is addition to the shitstorm the ticket prices has generated ( and I don't believer for a minute that they didn't see this response coming) that they would delay announcing that the additional cost would be in the shape of less generous benefits to S/T holders.

I'm off now to shower my severely disabled 16 year old twin sons now. Yes I'm a carer and football is one of my breaks from my responsibilities, so when the politics and corporate sludge affects the beautiful game I just walk away, as I know doubt will again.

All the best to you and your family mate. Sorry to read about the way you feel. 

Did anything ever come of that DM to the guy on twitter about the Gif @Davefevs?

If it gets made they would absolutely hate it. Imagine that being posted automatically below any tweet from @bcfctweets - a similar sort of thing to opponents posting below Donald Trump’s tweets and getting lots of RTs. The press would definitely pick up on it - internet guerrilla warfare. 

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Doubt they've ever heard a message so short. 

Normally a case of "why use a few words when you can use a few hundred?"  :whistle:

I could spend longer writing about why this is such a farce, but when others on this forum have already made the SEVERAL points so eloquently, why bother?

I have no doubt in my mind that the board and suits at the top understand these predicaments and situations already, and accounted for this backlash and this will be falling on deaf ears.

Their responses have been so far below par it's ridiculous.

This is no way to treat your fans. I'd support a boycott. **** them. 

To think I defended Ashton many times on here and even gave him allowances for his corporate BS.

I’ve no doubt he’s a very shrewd negotiator for player transfers and we’re a far more professional outfit now, but if this is the trade off? No thanks. Would rather have Pete Johnson and signings like Damion Stewart, Neil Kilkenny and Nicky Hunt if it meant fans were treated with decency. 

3 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

I will re-new my South Stand season ticket, as I sit in a very social circle.

However, I will not be spending any money at the ground, I will support local businesses instead.

This is probably the only choice I have too.

No Programme, No Shirt, No Food or Drinks, No 50/50 tickets, No Merchandise whatsoever......

Three of us spend £15-£20 per game inside the stadium on match days........ Best part of £500 lost by the club's actions already.....before clothing and kit etc. at the start of the season and Christmas.

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

This is probably the only choice I have too.

No Programme, No Shirt, No Food or Drinks, No 50/50 tickets, No Merchandise whatsoever......

Three of us spend £15-£20 per game inside the stadium on match days........ Best part of £500 lost by the club's actions already.....before clothing and kit etc. at the start of the season and Christmas.

I've never done it, but I'm willing to try a Clark's pie and a Natch on the wall.

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

To think I defended Ashton many times on here and even gave him allowances for his corporate BS.

I’ve no doubt he’s a very shrewd negotiator for player transfers and we’re a far more professional outfit now, but if this is the trade off? No thanks. Would rather have Pete Johnson and signings like Damion Stewart, Neil Kilkenny and Nicky Hunt if it meant fans were treated with decency. 

Let's not go ******* nuts Phileas haha

5 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

"Who would do the ironing whilst listening to the game?" Ummmm, I do and I bet I know who does his ironing!

I very often do my ironing whilst listening to away games on the radio. Very efficient use of time if you ask me!

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Haha, they were bad times but I’d rather be a perennially average club that treats fans with respect than an unrecognisable corporate machine, albeit more successful on the pitch, that does things like this.

Absolutely.

My objection was that you used that most terribly offensive word that such a large proportion of the population decry for being the most base and rude of terms.

You know, the one that rhymes with ****.

33 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Haha, they were bad times but I’d rather be a perennially average club that treats fans with respect than an unrecognisable corporate machine, albeit more successful on the pitch, that does things like this.

It doesn’t have to be a choice of one or the other. 

It’s perfectly possible to have a successful football team AND treat the fans respectfully. 

They just decide not to do it. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

It’s perfectly possible to have a successful football team AND treat the fans respectfully. 

Was just making a point really. 

You’re right though, look at Huddersfield, numerous clubs in Germany.

It would be a truly impressive legacy if Lansdown chose to go against the grain and invest in the club whilst revolutionising supporter experience - cheaper prices, transport options, catering for how anyone likes to enjoy their football.

On 3/7/2018 at 19:53, Bristol Rob said:

Has @CyderInACan kicked anyone in the goolies* yet?

*I'm still chuckling at the use of the words goolies the other day.

I was in bed with four grandchildren this morning (not my choice but shite happens) one of the boys cry's out he's been hit on his penis by his sister but no big fuss, is it only after they drop it hurts? and because this football forum what hurts more your hair being ruffled or a kick in the goolies if you have to think about this you either female or very lucky 

45 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It wasn't all wonderful pre Bristol Sport either though. Frequent complaints on here about the club shop to name one example, off the top of my head.

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It wasn't all wonderful pre Bristol Sport either though. Frequent complaints on here about the club shop to name one example, off the top of my head.

No it’s never been fantastic. I was just making a point though using that as a metaphor; in a nutshell would take good fan treatment and experience over footballing success.

27 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's a bit different though. People were moaning because they wanted things improved.

In this case, nobody was complaining and they've gone and created a ******* shitstorm for the sake of it, mainly because they are greedy ******* *****.

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 22:32, RedLionLad said:

Gutted. I had a vision of @JulieH being a slim blond in fishnets and handcuffs......

7 hours ago, JulieH said:

Sorry to disappoint! 

7 hours ago, KevP said:

She's brunette.......:clap:

7 hours ago, JulieH said:

With silver highlights unfortunately. 

I presume a polite enquiry at this point re :

Matching Collars & Cuffs would be inappropriate?

NB :  no offence (I hope) ...Collars as in Arrests & Cuffs as in Hand, ....of course :whistle2:

12 hours ago, screech said:

That's quite an achivement to **** over the disabled and families in one swoop. Well done City.

They could have suggested they will hold the prices in the ground for current ST holders families and the disabled but, we will not be able to offer these seats to new ST holders at the current prices, any new ST applicants will have to pay the premium after the ST go on general sale. And state that the preference is for families to use the Upper Lansdown Stand for the best family experience.

So eventually, as they get older, these ST holders seats will naturally increase for anyone who wishes to still sit there.

So little thought has gone in to it,  it takes a long time to build goodwill and earn a good reputation, but treat people the wrong way and you can lose this overnight.

Amazing when you consider our woeful slump since 30th Dec. Hardly going to attract fans to renew. Same old city. 

7 hours ago, Harry said:

Exactly. Sensible pricing, respect and a decent team are not all mutually exclusive as I've said elsewhere. 

The lack of respect is a bitter pill to swallow. And not just that. Absolute contempt is probably more accurate. 

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Disappointed with the lack of posts from @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO is this thread.

Appreciate there has been a period of annual leave, but since Wednesday a number of people have posted and referenced you directly.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s being ‘encouraged’ not to post. Matt is a supporter and understands the issue.

Sadly, I imagine the club are rather controlling on how much ‘liaising’ he’s allowed do when they want to be.

This isn’t the first time an SLO has been oddly silent during a PR crisis for the club. 

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s being ‘encouraged’ not to post. Matt is a supporter and understands the issue.

Sadly, I imagine the club are rather controlling on how much ‘liaising’ he’s allowed do when they want to be.

You can e mail him and he will reply.

I did this and he replied pretty quickly.

my message was related to the ticket increase and although a private matter  I'm happy to share that he promised to pass my message onto the board and that I wasn't alone in having e mailed him with reference to the ST fiasco.

i would suggest that this avenue should be used by everyone who wants the board to know how they feel about the situation.

Archived