IGNORED

SC&T/FAN/Supporters meeting

Dollymarie

32 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I think if it gets to Wednesday (a week since the meeting) and there is still no answer, then I think we need to think about the next steps. 

The next step is to not renew but you need everyone to show a bit of solidarity and not just a few people, will this happen I’m not so sure.

1 hour ago, lost black rat said:

i suggested earlier all supporter's showing the club a red card 5 mins before kick off and at half time  by showing the card you would be telling the club you are not renewing you session ticket or are supporting those who are not  . ok its passive but won't effect the team . 

I think that is a great idea everybody should bring a red card with them to show the club how we feel. Still not renewed yet. 

If anyone is looking for inspiration, please see the below BBC link. 1963 was not long ago and the baddies were yet again, Bristol management. 

Until today, I knew nothing about this. Messrs Bailey, Hackett and Stephenson, and even the media, get my thanks for standing up for what is right when something is wrong.

What was behind the Bristol bus boycott? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23795655

16 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

You'd barely believe it.... Until you read it. 

I worked,  initially as a conductor on Bristol buses, a year or so after that battle and with some of the racist bigots who are on that film. It was a time of great change in people's opinions about those who are different to the majority. 

Lots of progress since then but still a long way to go. 

12 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

No news today. We’re giving it until tomorrow and we are then planning further discussions about what our next step/actions etc will be. 

May I suggest

1. Non renewal of tickets full stop.

2. A walkout

3. Everyone stays in the concourse for the first 10 minutes of the game, leaving bust a banner on the empty seats. It could read something like 'No Disabled, No Children, No Working Class - BCFC 2018'. In fact, a good banner can go viral anyway.

4. Talk to other supporter groups like S82. We are stronger together and can mobilise better.

33 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

May I suggest

2. A walkout

3. Everyone stays in the concourse for the first 10 minutes of the game, leaving bust a banner on the empty seats. It could read something like 'No Disabled, No Children, No Working Class - BCFC 2018'. In fact, a good banner can go viral anyway.

4. Talk to other supporter groups like S82. We are stronger together and can mobilise better.

If people go to the concourse they'll just spend cash on pies, making the club more cash. The suits would be delighted.

55 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If people go to the concourse they'll just spend cash on pies, making the club more cash. The suits would be delighted.

Genuinely starting to think the club would be delighted if no-one renewed - can then knock out POTD prices to day trippers who are more likely to spend full whack in the concourse.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just to ensure that the 'have you renewed' thread continues to be that; have the club given any indication about when they might have a further update?

No. The phone calls yesterday were out of courtesy to say there would be no news yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

Genuinely starting to think the club would be delighted if no-one renewed - can then knock out POTD prices to day trippers who are more likely to spend full whack in the concourse.

Great plan.  :laughcont:   The only flaw is there has to be some great attraction for day tripping fans to arrive for hasn’t there. If they haven’t arrived in droves for many run of the mill games they aren’t suddenly going to and pay top prices. 

In an almost empty stadium the best the club can hope for is they save a bit on stewarding and other staff wages. They can then sit there wondering was it ever worth it when they have to start from scratch with another plan.

Have to say I am somewhat underwhelmed by @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO in this thread.

I was under the impression that the SLO was supposed to be a conduit between the fans and the club, a bridge between the two sides when a dispute arose.

We haven't even seen signs of a crappy pontoon made out of old oil drums; far less a bridge.

Can only assume that he has had his wings clippe.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Don't suppose in the dialog explaining they had no news they indicated when they might have news, or was that too progressive an approach for Mr Ashton?

When Jeremy the chair of the FAN was contacted yesterday, he expressed frustration that no deadline for a decision/announcement had yet been made. That’s all the news I have sorry, am hopeful of hearing something today. I can assure you discussions about the next stage of action are being discussed amongst both organisations.

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

I was under the impression that the SLO was supposed to be a conduit between the fans and the club, a bridge between the two sides when a dispute arose.

We haven't even seen signs of a crappy pontoon made out of old oil drums; far less a bridge.

He posted a few days ago to say there is no update from the powers that be. If he has nothing to report then what is he meant to say? I'm sure he is keeping the board up to date, especially with Dolls thread, about renewing.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

He was the one who phoned Stu and Jeremy yesterday. 

3 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

He posted a few days ago to say there is no update from the powers that be. If he has nothing to report then what is he meant to say? I'm sure he is keeping the board up to date, especially with Dolls thread, about renewing.

Just a bit of visibility, the odd post to reassure people that this thread (and others), are being reviewed, comments are being directly fedback and he is representing supporter opinion.

30 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Would assume similar for sure...or it could be that the club have not yet made a decision and are still debating it.

However, this supporters liaison officer, thanks to the club at this time I hasten to add- isn't doing much liaising IMO!

4 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

May I suggest

2. A walkout

If you want to make such a banner, S82 will refund you the cost of paint and canvass (a roll of sturdy wallpaper and pot of paint should do the job). 

Hi all, 

As I said the other day, I am monitoring the boards and feeding everything back into the club. Unfortunately I do not have any information to share at this time, however any update would come from the club in the first instance rather than me posting on OTIB. Rest assured I am reading all comms coming in and the club are aware of the feelings of our fans. 

I'm in contact with both chairs of the SC&T and F.A.N. and was available last Tuesday at Preston and at Burton on Saturday for fans to talk to. 

Matt 

Archived