IGNORED

SC&T/FAN/Supporters meeting

Dollymarie

2 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

As I said the other day, I am monitoring the boards and feeding everything back into the club. Unfortunately I do not have any information to share at this time, however any update would come from the club in the first instance rather than me posting on OTIB. Rest assured I am reading all comms coming in and the club are aware of the feelings of our fans. 

I'm in contact with both chairs of the SC&T and F.A.N. and was available last Tuesday at Preston and at Burton on Saturday for fans to talk to. 

Matt 

Where can we find you this Saturday?

30 minutes ago, Harry said:

If you want to make such a banner, S82 will refund you the cost of paint and canvass (a roll of sturdy wallpaper and pot of paint should do the job). 

Don't know where I could roll it out, or even find the time, but I'll give it a think. Would you guys be willing to hold it up if I pull it off?. Not sure that the people around me would be as keen, although I may be surprised. 

1 minute ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Don't know where I could roll it out, or even find the time, but I'll give it a think. Would you guys be willing to hold it up if I pull it off?. Not sure that the people around me would be as keen, although I may be surprised. 

Happy to do so mate 

4 minutes ago, BCFC101 said:

For anyone interested, there is a similar story developing at Tottenham, who announced their prices for the new stadium yesterday. Many long standing season ticket holders being priced out by hikes in prices as high as 50%.

https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/973562688386355200

Called this one mind.

5 years max til the bubble bursts.

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Called this one mind.

5 years max til the bubble bursts.

They were hyping up their single tier stand and using it in the same breath as the yellow wall. It'll be silent as the fans there will certainly feel like customers and won't make a sound. Not a knock at the fans, complete joke of a price scheme

2 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

They were hyping up their single tier stand and using it in the same breath as the yellow wall. It'll be silent as the fans there will certainly feel like customers and won't make a sound. Not a knock at the fans, complete joke of a price scheme

Taking the piss and their Supporters Club must have seen this coming from a mile off.

Utterly insulting to build this colossal new "home end" which will almost certainly be half empty every game because of the moronic pricing structures.

But hey! It's a business, and as long as its making money it's all fine, it's not like Spurs are a football club with a rich history and are held extremely dear by an enormous amount of people. I'm sure this won't end in exactly the same way as West Ham's catastrophic move to the London Stadium, with fans mourning over the loss of the iconic White Hart Lane, and eventual protests against Levy and the rest of their board, with fans on the pitch and the press in general being up in arms at the naughty hooligans. How dare they ruin our squeaky clean product?

It's so unsustainable.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not laughing from afar and thinking 'well that's a bullet dodged!'

I'm certainly not laughing, but quite relieved! I know from experience that Matt will be in an impossible position in this situation. But having met him, I also know that he will have the best interests of supporters at heart at all times, and will be very clear about the way in which he puts those forward. 

4 minutes ago, Dave L said:

I'm certainly not laughing, but quite relieved! I know from experience that Matt will be in an impossible position in this situation. But having met him, I also know that he will have the best interests of supporters at heart at all times, and will be very clear about the way in which he puts those forward. 

Hi Dave,  appreciate that you're understandably not going to be able to go into the specifics, but I think all of us would find it very interesting if you were kindly able to share more on your "general" experience of how the board typically recieve and react to such feedback and whether the final decisons always lie with SL etc..?

Do you hold out much hope that we'll hear back from them or that they will come back with any further compromises?

24 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

Hi Dave,  appreciate that you're understandably not going to be able to go into the specifics, but I think all of us would find it very interesting if you were kindly able to share more on your "general" experience of how the board typically recieve and react to such feedback and whether the final decisons always lie with SL etc..?

Do you hold out much hope that we'll hear back from them or that they will come back with any further compromises?

Possibly an unfair question as I believe @Dave L still hosts events for the club.

Please accept my apologies in advance of this post, I've not fully kept up to date with every detail surrounding the new season ticket prices and there's now a fair bit of assumed knowledge floating about.

Could someone sum up for me in a few bullet points what the general grievances are? Or perhaps even pin them within the original post on this thread?

I ask not only out of my own personal interest but because this may be something that could travel to a bigger audience than OTIB, for want of a better way of putting it...

2 hours ago, BCFC101 said:

For anyone interested, there is a similar story developing at Tottenham, who announced their prices for the new stadium yesterday. Many long standing season ticket holders being priced out by hikes in prices as high as 50%.

Perhaps the higher prices are for their fans to have somewhere to sit and also somewhere to put their food and drink, what is football coming to when a club does this for their fans. Sorry I meant customers not fans. 

tottenhamstadium1203d.thumb.jpg.b375ec0ff3e3c760f96ca00804565a67.jpgtottenhamstadium1203f.thumb.jpg.ec15ee01c21fe182e3b46e899f1b374c.jpgtottenhamstadium1203j.thumb.jpg.0e78280af2af45dbd31cbe13d69c9de6.jpg

39 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Please accept my apologies in advance of this post, I've not fully kept up to date with every detail surrounding the new season ticket prices and there's now a fair bit of assumed knowledge floating about.

Could someone sum up for me in a few bullet points what the general grievances are? Or perhaps even pin them within the original post on this thread?

I ask not only out of my own personal interest but because this may be something that could travel to a bigger audience than OTIB, for want of a better way of putting it...

Silly question, but are you actually a journalist?

To add to (and combine) the protest suggestions from @Welcome To The Jungle and @lost black rat:

I’ve seen some fans reluctant to join a walkout, either because they don’t want to negatively impact on the team, or they fear an increase in concourse takings during that time.

So, in line with the theme of solidarity over the prices, how about (for want of a less douchey term) a “walk to”.

This being, as soon as the half time whistle goes, everyone from the Dolman & Lansdown stands leaving their seats and relocating to the South Stand (as it’s the stand least affected by the price increases). With enough notice given to those already there (and all the extra room since the redevelopment) we should be able to give everyone enough room to stand shoulder to shoulder in unity.

Once there, pull out @lost black rat‘s red cards, and we’d have an absolutely packed home end, with a higher concentration of red cards on display, and the “priced out” stands near empty.

Of course, everyone would need to make sure they’re calm and careful enough to ensure the extra bodies didn’t cause issues, and it may not be feasible due to this anyway (if something were to happen I’m sure the club would take a harsh line & thus be able to dilute the effectiveness of the protest)... but if it were to work smoothly, it’d have the double bonus of demonstrating the workability of safe standing.

Possibly nonsense, but a thought that came to mind, and one others may be able to improve.

52 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Silly question, but are you actually a journalist

I’m not sure it’s a silly question, I think you’re just being rude. Sorry if I’ve misunderstood, though.

I thought it was a fair and polite request - and I apologised for my ignorance on the topic - and I thank those of who you’ve helped.

Cheers.

36 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

I’m not sure it’s a silly question, I think you’re just being rude. Sorry if I’ve misunderstood, though.

I thought it was a fair and polite request - and I apologised for my ignorance on the topic - and I thank those of who you’ve helped.

Cheers.

I think that he means his question (are you actually a journalist?) to you might be considered a little silly, given your username. 

21 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

I think that he means his question (are you actually a journalist?) to you might be considered a little silly, given your username. 

Fair enough - and apologies again - if that’s the case and I’ve been over-sensitive, it’s been a long day!

I was half-expecting the usual lazy journalism, do your own research etc etc jibes.

I’m very much an exiled Bristol City fan, not a Bristol City journalist, so my intention would be to poke this under the noses of others to make sure it gets any exposure it deserves. Having a young family, I don’t have the time or inclination to wade through pages of individual grievances!

4 hours ago, BCFC101 said:

Some interesting and fair comments on there! 

1 hour ago, The Journalist said:

Cheers.

Why would you think that? It was just a question.

8 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I think Section 82 have some left from the Cardiff display. Is that right @Harry ?

We do.  We're thinking of something to do, but in all likelihood (remembering St George Cross-Gate), the chances of us being able to lay out red cards for people to use is slim.  Stewards would be instructed to remove them no doubt.

22 minutes ago, Harry said:

We do.  We're thinking of something to do, but in all likelihood (remembering St George Cross-Gate), the chances of us being able to lay out red cards for people to use is slim.  Stewards would be instructed to remove them no doubt.

Hand them out to fans as they arrive? I'd volunteer except I'm in Nottingham this weekend. 

Archived