IGNORED

SC&T/FAN/Supporters meeting

Dollymarie

4 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Not sure why being in the premier league  would justify singling out children and the disabled for punitive price increases? 

Probably because so far as BS is concerned the packed AG full of plastics will make such punters but a distant memory.. until the following season of course when they would likely be needed again.

1 minute ago, Wilksi said:

have the club replied to the SC&T after the meeting last week?I Its been 7 days now and no news/response from the club.  Apologies if I have missed something earlier in the thread.

@Dollymarie I think Dolls said they were meeting on Friday about it, I'm sure she'll confirm though. 

13 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

have the club replied to the SC&T after the meeting last week?I Its been 7 days now and no news/response from the club.  Apologies if I have missed something earlier in the thread.

They have. But are still stalling with any kind of announcement. We’re pushing for one, whilst also making plans to announce what a constructive protest should look like. News tomorrow on that front. 

10 hours ago, harrys said:

I really hope they have a change of heart on some of these prices, must say that i’m really impressed with the way some of our fans are not taking this lying down and are not being allowed to have our tummies tickled like a certain mob across the river would

Ironically, that could be reference to both the Avon and the Severn.

They really are idiots aren't they?  Although having worked in financial services for over 20 years there has never been a plan when things go pear shaped apart from extend the waiting times on the phones hoping people will give up.

I get the feeling that those in charge are so disconnected with the financial reality of most supporters have they just don't understand the fact that £50 is a lot of money.

They also don't seem to get the fact that communities have been built in the stands, isn't community one of the 5 ducking pillars?

Doesn't effect me as I'm an exile and usually only do away games but yet again the club has pissed me off.

Also nice to see that people are finally waking up to 'the model' of BS that quite a few received abuse for questioning when the going was good.

So response promised by close of business Friday.......

Very little time (less than 24 hours) before the next game, leaving no time to consider, organise , plan and communicate a response (protests) - and no more home games before the BS deadline.

So predictable.

I remember when the Ultra flag was hung up BS managed to - according to them - arrange a board meeting, liase with SAG, and put out an order to rip down the flag .....all within an hour !

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

A detailed response from the club, but it doesn’t even mention the rise in child prices in areas other than the “family stand” indeed, it doesn’t even note that as one of the “key items” for review..? 

Surely this was one of the main points raised at the meeting, as it effects more people than the disabled pricing (which I think they’ve now dealt with fairly) renewal deadline (extended but not by much) and the loyalty scheme (briefly outlined. I’m not sure what more they plan on changing with that, so why not just release those details as “the scheme”..?) 

3 hours ago, CodeRed said:

So response promised by close of business Friday.......

Very little time (less than 24 hours) before the next game, leaving no time to consider, organise , plan and communicate a response (protests) - and no more home games before the BS deadline.

So predictable.

I remember when the Ultra flag was hung up BS managed to - according to them - arrange a board meeting, liase with SAG, and put out an order to rip down the flag .....all within an hour !

The board meeting may not be likely, but the liase with SAG? If there was somebody senior from SAG at the ground then that would be very plausible.

For a match, a TV game v a PL side while the ground was being redeveloped- I can well believe someone from SAG would have been at the game. If they didn't like the flag? It comes down! Probably goes along those lines.

For smaller, more routine games where the flag was present prior to that? Wouldn't have been an issue, SAG may not have even known (shouldn't have been an issue anyway but that's by the by in this case). Point is, if someone high up from SAG is at the game, then yes- liaising in this way and eventually an ordered takedown/removal of the flag can be sorted sharpish.

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

A detailed response from the club, but it doesn’t even mention the rise in child prices in areas other than the “family stand” indeed, it doesn’t even note that as one of the “key items” for review..? 

Surely this was one of the main points raised at the meeting, as it effects more people than the disabled pricing (which I think they’ve now dealt with fairly) renewal deadline (extended but not by much) and the loyalty scheme (briefly outlined. I’m not sure what more they plan on changing with that, so why not just release those details as “the scheme”..?) 

Or the fact that the 42million quid stadium rebuild has suddenly gone up 8million quid!

• SC&T Board Members

Agree, it's long on text, but short on meaningful content.

Other than the phasing in of the rise for the disabled, it fails to address the enforced splitting up of larger family groups, where one or more of that group is facing an unaffordable increase (notably where children are concerned).

I also wonder if all monthly salaries can be guaranteed to be in bank accounts by noon on 29th March.

Plenty of spin, but not much substance, I'm afraid.

For those, other than the disabled, facing big increases this simply says "Tough, live with it!"

I also see no acknowledgement that this could all have been avoided with some actual consultation in the first place or any commitment to consult properly in the future.

All in all, very disappointing.

1 minute ago, Blagdon red said:

Agree, it's long on text, but short on meaningful content.

Other than the phasing in of the rise for the disabled, it fails to address the enforced splitting up of larger family groups, where one or more of that group is facing an unaffordable increase (notably where children are concerned).

I also wonder if all monthly salaries can be guaranteed to be in bank accounts by noon on 29th March.

Plenty of spin, but not much substance, I'm afraid.

For those, other than the disabled, facing big increases this simply says "Tough, live with it!"

I also see no acknowledgement that this could all have been avoided with some actual consultation in the first place or any commitment to consult properly in the future.

All in all, very disappointing.

Time for some action then, no?

The SC&T was planning some form of organised protest wasn't it? Sure @Dollymarie will confirm.

It's like they've hoped we'll be confused by all the big words, and will be so mystified that we'll run to our wallets and eagerly shower them with fivers.

1 minute ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Based on the clubs statement, alot of people will not be renewing. Think the club have cocked up here.

What are the odds on it getting redacted in the next hour?

Mendacious profit cannibals.

11 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Time for some action then, no?

The SC&T was planning some form of organised protest wasn't it? Sure @Dollymarie will confirm.

It's like they've hoped we'll be confused by all the big words, and will be so mystified that we'll run to our wallets and eagerly shower them with fivers.

You’ve said you won’t be getting a season ticket anyway though haven’t you..? 

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I still don't understand the rationale of disabled people paying the same as adult prices. Traditionally there are concessions in place so that everyone can enjoy their pastimes. I find it a bit disturbing.

Equally no mention of the increase pensioners are having to find.

Archived