IGNORED

The Price Of Season Ticket Loyalty

BTRFTG

This from the club:

"The new loyalty programme is still in its design phase. This mean’s although we have a good idea of how we will reward supporters, the detail as not been defined at this stage. I imagine this will all be realised ahead of the start of next season.

What you are buying is a seat for 23 games and this will always offer the best value for money. The benefits are an added bonus which we will confirm over thecoming months.

We are not prepared, nor in a positon to release any information at this stage as details are subject to change and we wouldn’t want to tell supporters one thing, if only to change it later on."

Leaving aside the possibility of only having 19 home fixtures to attend (some of us still live in hope,) one would have to ask what involvement these Fan Action Numpties have had in appearing to have agreed to terminate the well understood loyalty scheme in favour of, well, something that someone at some future date may, or may not, agree to implement? The fact that scheme details may be known by the start of next season would have to be considered a real bonus. And no, if there were to be a significant difference in schemes depending upon what division we were in there's no issue, perhaps even a timely benefit, in showing how both variations might operate. 

Love the point about not wanting to mislead fans by having to later amend details (ahem, somebody remind me what happened last week?) 

I dislike the arrogance of the assumption that Season Tickets are always best value ( that BS3 mentality again.) Possibly they might be for those able to attend all fixtures but given there's little or no guarantee of when fixtures will take place if going up next season that's somewhat of a risk (bad enough this year and what was Saturday's actual attendance?) If we did go up chances are we'd have 2 or 3 home games televised so the club should understand some of us might factor that in. Ditto the fact all Premiership feeds are far easier to access than Championship and however illegal it's always a tempting proposition, as banks of empty and discounted Premiership seats testify. 

I chose to leave South Bristol a lifetime ago and although I make most games I reckon there hasn't been a season whereby it would have been cheaper to have 'paid as I went', what with the half season/mates rates offers the club always run each year.  Telling the club hasn't released individual ticket price schedules to provide a comparison as to how much a season ticket saves? That in buying season tickets I choose to pay a 'premium' for access to loyality benefits is my informed choice, save it's no longer informed, hence I'm minded not to renew and take my chances as and when it looks worthwhile. The club should also note that crowds dissipate quicker than they grow and there's been many a 'marginal fixture' I've attended over the years only because I already had a ticket. Had I to pay on the day I might not have bothered. And should I stop regularly attending,  it's a short and slippery slope to not bothering at all. Truth is if we went up and had an option of purchasing an away season ticket, as some clubs operate, I'd take that over having a home ticket, though would prefer both. Point being I'd like to understand if to get the former I need the latter. If the season ticket doesn't confer priority then sod it. If dubious benefits like spend on alcohol or  pies further increases priority then for somebody who with his foot down and with luck in finding that rocking-horse  parking spot just makes an evening kick off post picking his lad up from school, who'd love a beer or six but has consideration for the law, then that should be made clear. Loyalty? It works both ways.

Oh to revert to the simplicity of terraces and turnstiles.

Yeah it gets my goat, especially this season, when they state the price your season card as a per game amount. How do they know how many I’m going to? 

I know quite a few season card holders but not sure if any make EVERY game, holidays in August, work commitments, family occasions, lack of public transport for evening games, away for Christmas or Easter, snowed in.........the list goes on. 

I just about break even on mine compared to if I pay on the day, but certainly nowhere near the £15 a game they’re quoting. 

No, I don't see it as just 23 (or 19) games. I think the extras are to show gratitude for your loyalty, and the amount of the extra benefit should represent the years of loyalty shown by the sc holder, ie advanced offers on away games and % amount off merchandise, food and drink. Saying they have a good idea but not sure of the finer details, leads me to think they want a way to encourage new sc ticket holders, which I feel will be to the disadvantage of long standing sc holders. What of us who have endured the darker days, of which there have been many, and stuck with the club? 

This pre ticket sales offer has been as disaster all round and taken the shine off what otherwise has been a fantastic season.

Can anyone going to the meeting on Wednesday try and get anything from the club about what is being discussed or anything they can confirm with regards to this? 

So can I get this right?

I get a 15% discount currently on all goods and merchandise.

The club now want me to pay a mega-inflation busting price for the same seat in the same league without knowing whether the benefits I will get on top are even comparable to the current arrangement.

Surely I have misunderstood?

10 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Doesn't this just prove FAN are pointless? 

Well atm they are not looking like they have added any value in this BUT a lot can change quickly.

I will reserve judgement to see what happens (or not) following the meeting this week.

I think this is a big meeting for their reputation and I’m sure they are aware of this.

36 minutes ago, Neo said:

So can I get this right?

I get a 15% discount currently on all goods and merchandise.

The club now want me to pay a mega-inflation busting price for the same seat in the same league without knowing whether the benefits I will get on top are even comparable to the current arrangement.

Surely I have misunderstood?

Pretty much. We are already gambling what league we are in when signing up, now gambling what benefits there might be too. Very much going into this blind, what else would you buy this way for this sort of money. I’ve seen Glastonbury being likened, I’ve been to the last 4 and found too much to see and do. It’s quite overwhelming and you would have to be ultra fussy if out of the hundreds of bands you weren’t entertained, never mind all the other stuff. This ST isn’t like that, we should know what we are committing to.

I think they must either be waiting to see at what level we will be playing. If in the Prem they will need very few ‘sweeteners’ as we will all be so greatful we will be falling over eachother for seats. Championship games against Shrewsbury might need something though.

Are they perhaps fearing a slow uptake due to the price increases, they should be. Will this scheme then be tweaked to make things more attractive, eg we won’t reduce the prices now set but a ‘free’ pie once 10 have been purchased type loyalty card? 

3 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

Doesn't this just prove FAN are pointless? 

3 hours ago, Neo said:

Well atm they are not looking like they have added any value in this BUT a lot can change quickly.

I will reserve judgement to see what happens (or not) following the meeting this week.

I think this is a big meeting for their reputation and I’m sure they are aware of this.

I’ve not been able to make meetings recently, due to childcare, but they are (rightly) not happy and are prepared to hand in mass resignation from the consultation group over issues with this, if acceptable compromise isn’t reached. 

Their initial response has already led to the re-introduction of child prices in areas that they had been withdrawn from. 

As I’ve said to many others, you are welcome to go along and get involved, if you think they could/should be doing better..! 

3 hours ago, RedM said:

Championship games against Shrewsbury might need something though.

How dare you insult the Shrews, my favourite club after City, having lived there for around ten years! I hope they come up even if I want six points from them.

I'll never forget 1989-90, standing in the home end with friendly Shrews fans where I always stood. And going absolutely ape when Smithy scored a last minute winner. And Larry Lloyd's brother not letting me in his nearby pub after the game even though I always went there after games. And getting the news next day of the death of Dean Horrix.

Memories are so mixed with joy and sadness.

6 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’ve not been able to make meetings recently, due to childcare, but they are (rightly) not happy and are prepared to hand in mass resignation from the consultation group over issues with this, if acceptable compromise isn’t reached. 

Their initial response has already led to the re-introduction of child prices in areas that they had been withdrawn from. 

As I’ve said to many others, you are welcome to go along and get involved, if you think they could/should be doing better..! 

I was involved at the very start with the first fans group - Fans Consultant Group or something like that.

Worked out after a few meetings that the club just wanted to tell us how it was going to be and not involve us so promptly resigned after attending a meeting and asking lots of hard questions over an issue - new kit I think - which were dismissed out of hand.

I come from a base where I feel the club does not listen and pays lip service to fans groups.

I hope I am wrong and I will applaud either :-

1. some success from the meeting OR

2. resigning on the back of believing you are not being listened too and have lost faith (don’t resign just to make a statement)

Don’t presume people who comment on the fans groups do not want to see them succeed.

I do and will thank them for it. I wanted to make a difference - I couldn’t or at least felt that way at the time.

7 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

How dare you insult the Shrews, my favourite club after City, having lived there for around ten years! I hope they come up even if I want six points from them.

I'll never forget 1989-90, standing in the home end with friendly Shrews fans where I always stood. And going absolutely ape when Smithy scored a last minute winner. And Larry Lloyd's brother not letting me in his nearby pub after the game even though I always went there after games. And getting the news next day of the death of Dean Horrix.

Memories are so mixed with joy and sadness.

Not insulting them at all, I do realise the humour in which you post. Just the scenario of playing teams like them compared to the Man City, Chelsea type games is what we are dealing with here as far as we are concerned, although teams like Stoke etc would be a similar draw to the Shrews.

i remember the game well, spoke to Dean at the game. Horrified to hear what happened only hours later. Very shocked as it really was one of my first experiences of seeing someone alive and well, happy and smiling one minute and then gone. I’ve never forgotten that.

1 hour ago, Tiree said:

The main benefit of course is the guarantee of the same seat every game which becomes more apparent as a benefit when the cup games come along....

You are assuming, Sir, that for cup fixtures ST holders will be afforded first dibs on the seats they occupy for league games. Whilst that will doubtless prove true unlike this year it isn't yet guaranteed. What would you think if season ticket holders didn't get first dibs?  Say for a high demand game 'concession tickets' were only offered cheaper, priority, unreserved seats to free-up the premium seating they usually occupy?

That's the whole point of wanting to know what it is we're buying.

27 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

You are assuming, Sir, that for cup fixtures ST holders will be afforded first dibs on the seats they occupy for league games. Whilst that will doubtless prove true unlike this year it isn't yet guaranteed. What would you think if season ticket holders didn't get first dibs?  Say for a high demand game 'concession tickets' were only offered cheaper, priority, unreserved seats to free-up the premium seating they usually occupy?

When did season ticket holders not get first dibs on their league seats for cup games..?! 

32 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Even City wouldn't do that. Surely. Surely!? 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You said”unlike this season”

It hasn’t happened this season, has it..? Or any other season..?!

If you read what was written you'll note 'unlike' is used as a comparator (it denotes that this season cup seats are reserved.) I was referencing a false assumption that because something happens this (and most all-seater seasons previously,) it doesn't necessarily follow it will happen next year. What's the issue with the club explicitly telling us what benefit the card provides NEXT YEAR, or rather they have and that doesn't YET include reservations for cup tickets? 

In the ST price thread there's another quote that seems to suggest the club may be considering conflating 'Bristol Sport' loyalty spend. So let's suppose we go up and some away tickets are rocking-horse. What would your attitude be if those City supporters who couldn't give two hoots about the utter ridiculousness of egg-chasing found themselves at a disadvantage to those who bat both ways? Or found open tickets never went on sale as sufficient numbers of Flyers fans held preference? All conjecture but with tickets already on sale that's a disgrace. We don't yet know what we're being offered.

2 hours ago, Tiree said:

Surely lots of people missing the point. 

A ST is a sign of loyalty to the club so they can budget their summer signings and more importantly in this (poorly managed) marketing is a PUNT. Buy now and you get Premier football, if it happens, it happens at the price being offered. The main benefit of course is the guarantee of the same seat every game which becomes more apparent as a benefit when the cup games come along and some people complain they cant sit where they want

The club are the fans though, and by not renewing you're protesting and perhaps helping your fellow fan who may now find themselves priced out. So in this instance, not renewing is the sign of loyalty to the club. 

17 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

In the ST price thread there's another quote that seems to suggest the club may be considering conflating 'Bristol Sport' loyalty spend. So let's suppose we go up and some away tickets are rocking-horse. What would your attitude be if those City supporters who couldn't give two hoots about the utter ridiculousness of egg-chasing found themselves at a disadvantage to those who bat both ways? Or found open tickets never went on sale as sufficient numbers of Flyers fans held preference? All conjecture but with tickets already on sale that's a disgrace. We don't yet know what we're being offered.

That was me that suggested that - it would make perfect sense - I can't see there being different Loyalty Schemes for Football, Rugby & Basketball. 

What was wrong with the levels of priority for the big cup games? IIRC even the Rugby ST holders who got Level 2 (?) Priority had to have been to a certain number of City games to qualify. 

For Bristol Sport to make further use of the (Jon) economies of scale, they have to encourage more of us to go to more of the other games for Bris & Flyers. One way to do that is to incentivise it, I'd have thought. So whilst there may not be "Dual Season Tickets" per se I'm sure they won;t miss a chance to offer some reward for those who wish to get involved 

15 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

That was me that suggested that - it would make perfect sense - I can't see there being different Loyalty Schemes for Football, Rugby & Basketball. 

What was wrong with the levels of priority for the big cup games? IIRC even the Rugby ST holders who got Level 2 (?) Priority had to have been to a certain number of City games to qualify. 

For Bristol Sport to make further use of the (Jon) economies of scale, they have to encourage more of us to go to more of the other games for Bris & Flyers. One way to do that is to incentivise it, I'd have thought. So whilst there may not be "Dual Season Tickets" per se I'm sure they won;t miss a chance to offer some reward for those who wish to get involved 

Exactly why we need to understand what's on offer? What if overall loyalty points are the deciding factor and for premium offerings only those with multiple, cross sport season tickets have a chance of tickets? If you regularly attend away games should you lose out to the cirrhotic livered Mr Creosote who's only once been to Wembley but who drains the kiosks of pies and Natch each week?

I support City and whilst I hope Bristol Sport thrive and promote a cross platform offering  I couldn't give a flying about watching rugby, basketball, women's football or whatever sport they decide to invest in. That's why I've never had an interest even when free tickets were offered. It also puts those beyond the BS3 environs at a disadvantage. 

I think we all agree that any scheme needs to be balanced but didn't the recent offering do that?

12 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I'd like more deals to see Rugby or Flyers. 

Football takes up enough time, it's unlikely that many will become season card holders for two or all three. However I'm booked in for the ticket deal for the rugby, and even bringing a full paying guest.

3 minutes ago, Gifford said:

I'd like more deals to see Rugby or Flyers. 

Football takes up enough time, it's unlikely that many will become season card holders for two or all three. However I'm booked in for the ticket deal for the rugby, and even bringing a full paying guest.

Are there even deals to see the Flyers? It's a bit of a trek from BS3 up to where they play but I would like to catch a game. There's usually plenty of cross City/Bris deals for ST holders but can't recall too much for the Basketball. @Davefevs might know? 

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Are there even deals to see the Flyers? It's a bit of a trek from BS3 up to where they play but I would like to catch a game. There's usually plenty of cross City/Bris deals for ST holders but can't recall too much for the Basketball. @Davefevs might know? 

I suspect they don't do too many promotions for the Flyers because they are regularly selling out their arena.

Though they did recently do a £5 ticket offer for the first 50 people to take it up: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/flyers-tickets-for-a-fiver/

I guess if the proposed arena at BS3 happens and they suddenly have capacity which they need an increased fanbase to fill, they may do more promos for the Flyers to City/Rugby ST holders (perhaps even offering a free ticket as with the rugby).

1 minute ago, View from the Dolman said:

I suspect they don't do too many promotions for the Flyers because they are regularly selling out their arena.

Though they did recently do a £5 ticket offer for the first 50 people to take it up: https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/flyers-tickets-for-a-fiver/

I guess if the proposed arena at BS3 happens and they suddenly have capacity which they need an increased fanbase to fill, they may do more promos for the Flyers to City/Rugby ST holders (perhaps even offering a free ticket as with the rugby).

Yup - that new Arena must be at least 3yrs or so away yet though. We've known about Wickes for years it seems but there;s still no sign of them closing down! Does anyone ACTUALLY know when that site will start to be flattened?

55 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Yup - that new Arena must be at least 3yrs or so away yet though. We've known about Wickes for years it seems but there;s still no sign of them closing down! Does anyone ACTUALLY know when that site will start to be flattened?

The fencing department went after some strong windy weather.

Archived