IGNORED

190 tickets sold for Preston

Robin 101

4 minutes ago, RedNight said:

I'm not no. But it doesn't take away the fact we are taking 190 fans to a game! Bearing in mind we took 8000 to Man City, exactly the same distance, on a Tuesday night.

What annoys me is, if we lose, fans will hammer Johnson and the players. But maybe we should be having a look at ourselves first. 

I don't care what anyone says, 190 is a joke. In our position 

So your no different than anyone else not going.

3 minutes ago, RedNight said:

This comment isn't going to go down well, but..

If they were in our position, Rovers would take more. 

No question 

Yes ,but they haven't played a big team like Preston for years and so it would be big day out for them.

Hats off to everyone going!  I would love to go but used my goodwill up with the boss for the 3 Friday games and the Man City game plus not working Friday due to the snow, don't think his generosity stretches that far with me asking for another half day, so have to wait for the Burton game to get my fix but again, well done to all those making that long long drive, safe journey!!

I'm not no. But it doesn't take away the fact we are taking 190 fans to a game! Bearing in mind we took 8000 to Man City, exactly the same distance, on a Tuesday night.

What annoys me is, if we lose, fans will hammer Johnson and the players. But maybe we should be having a look at ourselves first. 

I don't care what anyone says, 190 is a joke. In our position 

One match is a league game against a club we play every season, the other was a League Cup semi final against one of the best teams in the World.

You can’t see the difference?

1 minute ago, RedNight said:

This comment isn't going to go down well, but..

If they were in our position, Rovers would take more. 

No question 

Sounds like the sort of shit a Gashead would come out with. They were in with a good chance of the Play Offs a few years ago and had a game away to Bradford on a Tuesday night (who were also competing for a Play Off place). 

They took just over 100 fans.

Got anymore dumb shit you wanna say mate?

2 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Yes ,but they haven't played a big team like Preston for years and so it would be big day out for them.

Are you suggesting this isn't a massive game for us? We are in the play offs fighting for our life's. Everyone talks a big game on here and hammers Johnson / players when we lose .. but as fans, we gotta do better then that 

2 minutes ago, RedNight said:

This isnt about me. Or you or anyone else personally.

Its about taking 190 fans to a play off rival 

There will clearly be more than that, do you not understand the concept of 'tickets sold'?

Amazing you're prancing about on your high horse while not even going yourself, you massive hypocrite.

1 minute ago, RedNight said:

Are you suggesting this isn't a massive game for us? We are in the play offs fighting for our life's. Everyone talks a big game on here and hammers Johnson / players when we lose .. but as fans, we gotta do better then that 

Saturdays game is just as important and we’re a handful of tickets away from selling out our 1800 allocation.

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

One match is a league game against a club we play every season, the other was a League Cup semi final against one of the best teams in the World.

You can’t see the difference?

Sounds like the sort of shit a Gashead would come out with. They were in with a good chance of the Play Offs a few years ago and had a game away to Bradford on a Tuesday night (who were also competing for a Play Off place). 

They took just over 100 fans.

Got anymore dumb shit you wanna say mate?

Ofcourse we are gunna take less, but 1/40th of our supper to Man City are making a similar trip to Preston. 

I would put everything I own on, if Rovers were 6th in the championship playing a team 3 points behind them, they would take more. 

It's a biggish game,but nothing will be decided tomorrow night.

2 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Saturdays game is just as important and we’re a handful of tickets away from selling out our 1800 allocation.

Why are you talking about Saturday? I'm talking about tomorrow night, where we at taking 190... that should really inspire our players for an absolutely massive game 

Ofcourse we are gunna take less, but 1/40th of our supper to Man City are making a similar trip to Preston. 

I would put everything I own on, if Rovers were 6th in the championship playing a team 3 points behind them, they would take more. 

Rovers would take more than us,how many times have heard that,but in reality they never do.

Why are you talking about Saturday? I'm talking about tomorrow night, where we at taking 190... that should really inspire our players for an absolutely massive game 

Because as people have said,it's two away games in a week,now let me see,I can afford to go to one,Preston on a Tuesday or Burton on a Saturday........................

7 minutes ago, Stortz said:

There will clearly be more than that, do you not understand the concept of 'tickets sold'?

Amazing you're prancing about on your high horse while not even going yourself, you massive hypocrite.

You're right in a way. I'm not going, so don't have a leg to stand on.

But do you not agree, for a team in our position, 190(so far), is pretty poor ?

42 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The problem is that anything free has to  come out of somebodys budget.  Maybe it would be a good piece of sponsorship though.

This is a good point. I think that anyone going on the free coaches should be made to pay for them.

Ok, IF this was their first trip to Deepdale for years and they were 6th after having gained promotion to the Championship last season I’d agree with you. That’s down to the novelty factor.

However they have proved time and time again they are no better than anyone else when visiting grounds they go to every year, no matter where they are in the table.

Big ground they haven’t been to for decades, they sell out...so do we.

Ground they visit every year on a Tuesday night, they struggle just like us.

How is it personal, I'm talking about no one in particular, I'm just saying 190 fans to Preston isn't good.

I think the general consensus here is if you were going tomorrow more people could understand your point even if it wasnt put across in the best manner. Secondly we are on the verge of selling out Saturday at Burton and finally the season tickets prices were announced last week and unless your on planet Mars you could understand that they have gone up quite a bit plus there is less time to renew, also have you seen the train ticket prices to Preston???

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Ok, IF this was their first trip to Deepdale for years and they were 6th after having gained promotion to the Championship last season I’d agree with you. That’s down to the novelty factor.

However they have proved time and time again they are no better than anyone else when visiting grounds they go to every year, no matter where they are in the table.

Big ground they haven’t been to for decades, they sell out...so do we.

Ground they visit every year on a Tuesday night, they struggle just like us.

Are we not meant to be a much bigger club?

Having comparable away attendances is hardly a positive 

They took about 120 to Bradford Midweek when they were just outside the playoffs didn't they?

I believe ours is roughly twice thiers.

RedNight is correct, it is a poor turnout from our fans but he is just one of many, including me, who are not going themselves. There are 2 away games in 5 days so obviously cost and distance and the fact its an evening game, all are factors. The club could have tried some incentives to get fans to travel to Preston but those going to other away games would say that wasn't fair. It is what it is, we just have to live with it but I applaud all those travelling tomorrow and all away games.

Archived