IGNORED

190 tickets sold for Preston

Robin 101

2 minutes ago, marmite said:

RedNight is correct, it is a poor turnout from our fans but he is just one of many, including me, who are not going themselves. There are 2 away games in 5 days so obviously cost and distance and the fact its an evening game, all are factors. The club could have tried some incentives to get fans to travel to Preston but those going to other away games would say that wasn't fair. It is what it is, we just have to live with it but I applaud all those travelling tomorrow and all away games.

Yeh I agree with this! 

4 minutes ago, RedNight said:

You're right in a way. I'm not going, so don't have a leg to stand on.

But do you not agree, for a team in our position, 190(so far), is pretty poor ?

I think Cardiff had a similar amount at Hillsborough recently on a Saturday evening. Yes it was televised but a Saturday non the less so most people didn’t need to make arrangements to leave work early, or start work the following day after getting home at 2am.

190 so far isn’t great but hardly a surprise considering the number we’ve sold for Burton on Saturday and it’s Tuesday night 4 hours away. It seems pretty normal that we travel well on Saturdays but not so well midweek, it’s been like that for decades.

I sometimes wonder if some people have only been supporting us for 5 minute?

It's piss poor lads but I know people that haven't bought tickets for it because they were worried about the weather, it'll be about 350-400. Still poor but a standard midweek following for us, PNE have had 200 and 300 in the last two seasons down here as well.

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I think Cardiff had a similar amount at Hillsborough recently on a Saturday evening. Yes it was televised but a Saturday non the less so most people didn’t need to make arrangements to leave work early, or start work the following day after getting home at 2am.

190 so far isn’t great but hardly a surprise considering the number we’ve sold for Burton on Saturday and it’s Tuesday night 4 hours away. It seems pretty normal that we travel well on Saturdays but not so well midweek, it’s been like that for decades.

Cardiff's away support is dreadful. They had 300 at Ipswich last week as well.

10 minutes ago, RedNight said:

Are we not meant to be a much bigger club?

Having comparable away attendances is hardly a positive 

We’re not a big club though. Who said we were?

We’re a medium sized Championship club with potential to be bigger.

Edit: I see, you mean much bigger than Rovers. Well, we are.

Look at Historical League positions and attendances.

6 minutes ago, RedNight said:

You're right in a way. I'm not going, so don't have a leg to stand on.

But do you not agree, for a team in our position, 190(so far), is pretty poor ?

It isn't amazing, no, but it also isn't the final attendance is it? Many posters have pointed out why the uptake is relatively low.

It's certainly not enough of an outrage to make me start slagging off my fellow non- atendees, I'd sooner say fair play to those going.

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Listen I agree with some of your points and fully understand.

But there's no hiding away from the fact 190 is pretty poor. 

Hopefully it gets boosted up to around 500, bit more respectable. 

Credit to all those going 

21 minutes ago, RedNight said:

Ofcourse we are gunna take less, but 1/40th of our supper to Man City are making a similar trip to Preston. 

I would put everything I own on, if Rovers were 6th in the championship playing a team 3 points behind them, they would take more. 

Does that include your Rovers season ticket.........................

19 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Ok, IF this was their first trip to Deepdale for years and they were 6th after having gained promotion to the Championship last season I’d agree with you. That’s down to the novelty factor.

However they have proved time and time again they are no better than anyone else when visiting grounds they go to every year, no matter where they are in the table.

Big ground they haven’t been to for decades, they sell out...so do we.

Ground they visit every year on a Tuesday night, they struggle just like us.

Why is Preston always a Tuesday night?!

We thought about it and staying up there, but Preston is a hell of a trek on a Tuesday night in poor weather. It's effectively taking two days out of the diary, which not many people can afford to do. So I give credit to those going...I fully understand why others won't be. 

As for average away attendances in the Championship I think we beat ourselves up sometimes. We have next to no local away fixtures and so it's hardly surprising if our following is lower than that of clubs further north....I'm thinking Derby, Burton, the Sheffields, Barnsley, Forest, all  closer, often far closer, than us travelling to Cardiff. 

I’m guessing that pay on the day exists tomorrow?

If so, I’m struggling to think why anyone would buy in advance, unless of course it is cheaper.

Let’s face it Preston don’t sell out too often, do they?

As @archie andrews said I would be very surprised if it was many less than 400 by kick off, which is pretty reasonable.

There are a million and one reasons why people don’t go to Lancashire on a Tuesday night, finances and having a job that doesn’t let you bugger off mid afternoon being just two..

2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Very poor in all honesty. The way our away attendances fluctuate is really bizzare. They would bring between 300-400.

They did earlier in the season. On the back of a bad run. 

This is a bigger fixture. Shame more aren’t going. Can’t criticise though, as I’m not going myself. 

The fluctuation in our away numbers is bizarre!  

1 hour ago, RedNight said:

I would put everything I own on, if Rovers were 6th in the championship playing a team 3 points behind them, they would take more. 

If Elvis was playing Rock, Paper, Scissors, with Adolph Hitler, I’d put everything I own on Adolf winning a best of 5. 

I’m never going to get the chance of losing everything that I own on that bet either..! 

59 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

We seem to have played each other a lot on Tuesday nights in recent seasons.

Usually loads of road closures as well late on on the the motorways so makes it even worse.

200 is a good following given the circumstances.

Very gracious of you not to take the piss! 

With POTD I’d expect 300-400 to actually be there on the night. 

About the same as you guys bought down here this season. 

I imagine theres not many people who can justify the price of going up on a Tuesday, with work in the morning, and the trains there and back. **** knows I fall squarely in to that camp. Would love to go but it's just too much money.

Plus we're actually a small club comparatively.

2 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Very poor imo, just shows how small a club we are in this division. Not a dig just a fact. 

Here’s a suggestion...why not judge “how small we are as a club” on a more meaningful statistic rather than a one-off game miles away on a cold Tuesday night in the middle of a very busy and expensive season.

We’re 11th in the attendance table - top half.

We took 45k for a paint pot trophy final against Walsall. How many other clubs in any division would take that many for such a fixture?

Our attendance of 81k for the play off final against Hull - when we sold out our general sale allocation in 15 minutes - was a record at the time and has only been beaten once since.

Not a dig, just some facts.

Let's look at this another way if we were away to Burton tomorrow and took say 700 (decent following) and then took 1000 to Preston on the Saturday( decent following) that totals 1700 over the 2 games which is actually less than the actual numbers that will be at both games, I could be talking Gas logic though !!!!!

2 hours ago, RedNight said:

Ofcourse we are gunna take less, but 1/40th of our supper to Man City are making a similar trip to Preston. 

Are you seriously saying that Rovers are a better supported club than City? Assuming identical circumstances there is absolute no statistic you can point to that would suggest that to be the case.

If their support is so superior why did they take only 30k to Wembley for the biggest game in their history - to get back into the football league - when we took 45k for a Mickey Mouse trophy final against Walsall in the same season?

Archived