IGNORED

Flint for England WC Squad

WarksRobin

Please tell me people didn't take this seriously? There have to be about 30 central defenders ahead of him. :blink:

If Flinty does go to the WC, it will be as a fan so I hope he gets a good seat in the England supporters areas and stays away from those nasty Russian buggers. 

13 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Probably a fair few of the lower seeded sides.. but Bristol City would stand a good chance at beating some of those anyway.

Think even the sags would turn over Panama!

23 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

How about this then - how many sides going to the World Cup does Flint get in to?

Aden Mcflint would get into the Scotland team. (yes I know they didn't qualify!)

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Please tell me people didn't take this seriously? There have to be about 30 central defenders ahead of him:blink:

If Flinty does go to the WC, it will be as a fan so I hope he gets a good seat in the England supporters areas and stays away from those nasty Russian buggers. 

name them.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Aden Mcflint would get into the Scotland team. (yes I know they didn't qualify!)

Aden Flintescu would captain Romania, and Ädën Flïnt would easily get in the Swedish side.

**** knows if either of them actually qualified though!

4 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Defensively, would I take any of the current England centre backs in preference to Flint? Possibly. Factor in though his massively improved passing ability and goal scoring prowess, then he’s on the plane for me.

He’s proven he can cope with the best. 

Until England look to build a team, rather than select a group of individual  ‘stars’ - based on the fact they are regulars (and made to look good by their foreign teammates) in the Premiership top six - we will continue in international obscurity. 

Look at it this way, set Henderson as a threshold for squad qualification and 90% of players in the Championship would be candidates. 

The scapegoating for Hendo has became the most boring premier league topic. Go and see him live and you'll see what Klopp/Rodgers and all other of his managers have seen in him

34 minutes ago, Super said:

name them.

I didn't say there were 30 'better' but all the Prem centre halves would be picked ahead of Flinty and there have to be 30 English CH's in the £££ league. I'm not saying it's right by the way.

Who was the last England player picked while outside the Prem out of interest? Nugent?

Here's 20 who would be ahead of any player from outside the prem.

Cahill

Jones

Smalling

Stones

McGuire

Jack Stephens

Nathan Ake

Lascelles

Tyrone Mings

Charlie Daniels

James Tarkowski

Ben Mee

Michael Keane

Phil Jagielka

Ryan Shawcross

Craig Dawson

Eric Dier

Joe Gomez

Cresswell

Lewis Dunk

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Southgate wouldn't look at CBs below the PL largely because they're not up against top quality strikers every week. No way he could judge how they'd do against international strikers.

Personally I don't think Flint the skills when in possession to impress Southgate if he ever did see Flint play.

I'm bamboozled that four people have binned this post. But then no one's ever made it in the Championship and then struggled in the Premier League...

26 minutes ago, Super said:

name them.

Again, appreciate this is a joke, but to illustrate the point, let's try it:

Now, it is a matter of opinion after all, so I'm not saying these are better players than Flint, I'm saying they are playing on a platform which is likely to make them ahead of Flint in the pecking order:

John Stones, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Joe Gomez, Gary Cahill, Rob Holding, Callum Chambers, James Tarkowski, Ben Mee, Harry Maguire, Lewis Dunk, Michael Keane, Phil Jagielka, Mason Holgate, Steve Cook, Alfie Mawson, Jamaal Lascelles, Jack Stephens, James Tomkins, Craig Dawson, Scott Dann, Martin Kelly, Ryan Shawcross.

That's 23 who have played at least reasonably regularly in the premier league. A large number of those have had England caps and thus are known to Southgate. That is without even looking into the Championship (Are there better English CBs in this league too? Possibly...)

How many of those above would you take at our club?

21 minutes ago, Super said:

name them.

bob

john

chris

jim

winston

ray

charles

bob (running out of names now)

robert

roberta(not being sexist)

pugh

pugh

barney

mcgrew

cuthbut

dibble

grub

miller

sam

mister ben

shopkeeper

bagpus

bill

ben

little weed (but not sure better than flint)

as I have lost the will to live the clangers + soup dragon

+ zebedee just because he had the bounce of matt hill and Joe Bryan

33 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I didn't say there were 30 'better' but all the Prem centre halves would be picked ahead of Flinty and there have to be 30 English CH's in the £££ league. I'm not saying it's right by the way.

Who was the last England player picked while outside the Prem out of interest? Nugent?

Here's 20 who would be ahead of any player from outside the prem.

Cahill

Jones

Smalling

Stones

McGuire

Jack Stephens

Nathan Ake

Lascelles

Tyrone Mings

Charlie Daniels

James Tarkowski

Ben Mee

Michael Keane

Phil Jagielka

Ryan Shawcross

Craig Dawson

Eric Dier

Joe Gomez

Cresswell

Lewis Dunk

Jack Stephens is a great shout and one I'd admittedly forgotten about.

Not sure about Mings and Cresswell though, full backs aren't they?

8 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Jack Stephens is a great shout and one I'd admittedly forgotten about.

Not sure about Mings and Cresswell though, full backs aren't they?

Cresswell has played at CH at times IIRC but both would be picked ahead of our Aden.

If you count our successful U23's and U21's, there are easily 30 ahead of Flinty and that's before you start looking at other Championship defenders.

Cahill

Jones

Smalling

Stones

McGuire

Jack Stephens

Nathan Ake

Lascelles

Tyrone Mings

Charlie Daniels

James Tarkowski

Ben Mee

Michael Keane

Phil Jagielka

Ryan Shawcross

Craig Dawson

Eric Dier

Joe Gomez

Cresswell

Lewis Dunk

Alfie Mawson

Kyle Bartley

Scott Dann

James Tomkins

Joel Ward

Mason Holgate

Tyler blackett

Jonjoe Kenney

Kyle Walker Peters

Trent Alexander Arnold

There are a few there that play as full backs but have played at CH, I will admit but all of these would be picked ahead of a Championship player because they're with Premier League sides or have come through the England 'system'. I'm sure there are a few I've forgotten as well. Gomez would be the wild card pick IMHO, he was impressive V Brazil.

Flinty is nowhere near!! 

Who was the last outfield England player from the football league? Anyone know?

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Cresswell has played at CH at times IIRC but both would be picked ahead of our Aden.

If you count our successful U23's and U21's, there are easily 30 ahead of Flinty and that's before you start looking at other Championship defenders.

Cahill

Jones

Smalling

Stones

McGuire

Jack Stephens

Nathan Ake

Lascelles

Tyrone Mings

Charlie Daniels

James Tarkowski

Ben Mee

Michael Keane

Phil Jagielka

Ryan Shawcross

Craig Dawson

Eric Dier

Joe Gomez

Cresswell

Lewis Dunk

Alfie Mawson

Kyle Bartley

Scott Dann

James Tomkins

Joel Ward

Mason Holgate

Tyler blackett

Jonjoe Kenney

Kyle Walker Peters

Trent Alexander Arnold

There are a few there that play as full backs but have played at CH, I will admit but all of these would be picked ahead of a Championship player because they're with Premier League sides or have come through the England 'system'. I'm sure there are a few I've forgotten as well. Gomez would be the wild card pick IMHO, he was impressive V Brazil.

Flinty is nowhere near!! 

I thought Ake but he's actually Dutch!

31 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

I'm bamboozled that four people have binned this post. But then no one's ever made it in the Championship and then struggled in the Premier League...

It's because it's me. Some posters rubbish most of my posts - it's no big deal.

Me? I very rarely rubbish any post.

51 minutes ago, footie said:

The scapegoating for Hendo has became the most boring premier league topic. Go and see him live and you'll see what Klopp/Rodgers and all other of his managers have seen in him

Rodgers - sacked. Klopp found a forward line in the nick of time.

The guy is a liability. His first thought, can I pass backwards or sideways. Destroys momentum. England ain’t going to break teams down in the final third when we allow time for the opposition to put 11 players between us and the goal. We ain’t got the skill set in the England forwards to do that - it’s not their game to play intricate passes with loads of trickery in that final third.  

Wonder why he has become a standing joke amongst millions of football fans? Wonder why no foreign teams haven’t attempted to buy him? Wonder why the ‘big 4’ haven’t sounded him out?

3 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Rodgers - sacked. Klopp found a forward line in the nick of time.

The guy is a liability. His first thought, can I pass backwards or sideways. Destroys momentum. England ain’t going to break teams down in the final third when we allow time for the opposition to put 11 players between us and the goal. We ain’t got the skill set in the England forwards to do that - it’s not their game to play intricate passes with loads of trickery in that final third.  

Wonder why he has become a standing joke amongst millions of football fans? Wonder why no foreign teams haven’t attempted to buy him? Wonder why the ‘big 4’ haven’t sounded him out?

Who are the big 4?

Archived