IGNORED

Just don't melt down if we lose tonight

reddogkev

One of the worst aspects of a city defeat are the witch hunts and threads of complaint / despair on OTIB after a loss; the mood following a defeat can sometimes be far too toxic and gloomy.

If it happens this evening, let's take it on the chin and look into the quality of the game, figure out what went wrong etc - no need for too much outrage!

Of course, this can probably be ignored as I'm sure we'll draw 1-1 tonight.

Here's hoping :fingerscrossed:

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

One of the worst aspects of a city defeat are the witch hunts and threads of complaint / despair on OTIB after a loss; the mood following a defeat can sometimes be far too toxic and gloomy.

If it happens this evening, let's take it on the chin and look into the quality of the game, figure out what went wrong etc - no need for too much outrage!

Win would be massive but a draw more likely.  Should we lose then I will get the ball rolling .................. Crap tactics, crap substitutions, crap pitch, everyone crap, LJ out !!!!

@reddogkev Top post.  I usually steer clear when we lose.  

In every aspect of the game on and off the pitch we are progressing.  Performances will dip, the club with release poorly though out pricing, LJ will make mistakes, we will sign the odd duffer, but vision, objectives, and desire of everyone cannot be faulted.

Hopefully, we can build on Saturday. 

8 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

In every aspect of the game on and off the pitch we are progressing.  Performances will dip, the club with release poorly though out pricing, LJ will make mistakes, we will sign the odd duffer, but vision, objectives, and desire of everyone cannot be faulted.

Fair weather poster.

:disapointed2se:

24 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Bloody pessimist!!!

:rofl2br:

27 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

No fun in that.  Despair when we lose, unbridled joy and optimism when we win.  It is what being a football fan is all about - get those emotions working!

Or for some on here.... smug satisfaction when we lose and retreat under a rock until the next defeat, if we win..! 

1 hour ago, Red Army Faction said:

Performances have dipped or hadn't you realised? 

5 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Nicky Hunt

You might be right; there is a rumour going around that he's going to be on our sub's bench tonight - part of his final contract clause was the right to feature one more time against Preston away.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Performances have dipped or hadn't you realised? 

No shit Sherlock.  Yes I had, but my point is precisely that it is a temporary dip not on downward spiral.

As long the players believe in the philosophy of the club and the tactics of the coaches, work on their own personal improvement, and stay professional then we will progress.  

We have so much more than basket case clubs like Birmingham, West Brom, Sunderland, Forest, Leeds, and I'd include Cardiff despite their current position.

2 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

As long as he doesnt do something daft like drop Reid into midfield and put Diony up top....then moan that the players arnt playing their usual way....we will be just fine 

I’d rather give Johnson credit for turning Reid - previously a midfield player who used to divide opinion - into the Championship’s top scorer in less than a season, instead of continually focussing on a tactical decision that didn’t work out.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’d rather give Johnson credit for turning Reid - previously a midfield player who used to divide opinion - into the Championship’s top scorer in less than a season, instead of continually focussing on a tactical decision that didn’t work out.

I shudder to imagine the reaction from some if Reid only had 3 to his name so far :fear:

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

One of two sides of a coin. A good win - like on Saturday - and for some pepple everything is rosy in the garden, Johnson is a genius,  our players are PL class, we're definitely going up etc etc.

Reality is, playing at home, we exposed the flaws in a very weak team whereas tonight we take on a decent side at their place.

If we win by 4 goals tonight I will do back flips down Shepton high street and concede that Johnson is indeed a genius.

If we get a draw, I'll be quite happy though.

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Best of luck with that (and more power to your elbow)

1 hour ago, Red Army Faction said:

No shit Sherlock.  Yes I had, but my point is precisely that it is a temporary dip not on downward spiral.

As long the players believe in the philosophy of the club and the tactics of the coaches, work on their own personal improvement, and stay professional then we will progress.  

We have so much more than basket case clubs like Birmingham, West Brom, Sunderland, Forest, Leeds, and I'd include Cardiff despite their current position.

I don't consider 13 points out of last 36 as a blip. It is lower mid table form. 

And I would also add that in my time as a City fan lasting nearly seventy years, and that I cannot remember that we ever threw away a 3-0 halftime lead until Derby last season and the miserable non performance against Sunderland. 

No consistency. 

10 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

One of two sides of a coin. A good win - like on Saturday - and for some pepple everything is rosy in the garden, Johnson is a genius,  our players are PL class, we're definitely going up etc etc.

Reality is, playing at home, we exposed the flaws in a very weak team whereas tonight we take on a decent side at their place.

If we win by 4 goals tonight I will do back flips down Shepton high street and concede that Johnson is indeed a genius.

If we get a draw, I'll be quite happy though.

That's a really interesting point about beating them by 4 goals.

Were we to get beaten by 4 at preston then there would obviously be a meltdown but not really a shock whereas it would be a shock if we won by 4. 

What that tells me is that although we have the makings of a really good team we still have a team where anything could happen- both good and bad.That's why Wolves are going up and we might make the play offs depending on whether Jekyll or Hyde turns up.

11 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

No consistency.

Nor has anyone. We're still 6th, mate.  How many times in your years following City have you be able to say we're higher? I would have thought you more than anyone would have a sense of perspective.

This conversation is exactly I don't bother replying to doom and gloom merchants.  I seem to unwittingly hooked one.

6 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

How is he still playing? If you ever wanted to see what it would be like if they put a downs player on the pitch then there it was, shambolic.

I reckon he could do a job for Jamaica Bell mind :whistle:

Archived