IGNORED

Just don't melt down if we lose tonight

reddogkev

19 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'll be happy with a committed performance

You're always so positive.  Can I watch every game with you from now on?

We seem to have players at the moment that are hanging on and knackered.  You never know which Hörður, Bryan, Pato or Frankie you are going to get.  All those involved played well on Saturday, but I always worry that they put everything into one game - they have not got the steam to go again.

I'm more confident now we have Eros back, but I'd be much more confident if we had O'Dowda back.  

Anyway - Johnson out.

3 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

can we decide which player played the shittest in advance, please? It will make today go so much quicker.

Nicky Hunt? Because whenever a poster criticises a player, the lone response is "Which Hunt!" (I think that's how you spell it)

Damn it! I've just seen Big Tone's post. Great minds and all that BT.

33 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Nicky Hunt? Because whenever a poster criticises a player, the lone response is "Which Hunt!" (I think that's how you spell it)

Damn it! I've just seen Big Tone's post. Great minds and all that BT.

Which or Hunt? Certainly one looks a suspect spelling.

The more I reid about our poor players - the more I wish they'd pack it in.

9 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Which or Hunt? Certainly one looks a suspect spelling.

The more I reid about our poor players - the more I wish they'd pack it in.

Apologies, I was just being sarcastic. 'Witch' wouldn't have fitted the errr..... joke. :facepalm:

5 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

No fun in that.  Despair when we lose, unbridled joy and optimism when we win.  It is what being a football fan is all about - get those emotions working!

watch out for gas heads

17 minutes ago, Xiled said:

We haven't won at Deepdale for over 300 years and Preston have won 112 consecutive games against us. We don't stand a chance. Even a draw is beyond possibility.

Phew, I feel better now.

oh thee of little faith

1 hour ago, Lordofthebling said:

You're always so positive.  Can I watch every game with you from now on?

We seem to have players at the moment that are hanging on and knackered.  You never know which Hörður, Bryan, Pato or Frankie you are going to get.  All those involved played well on Saturday, but I always worry that they put everything into one game - they have not got the steam to go again.

I'm more confident now we have Eros back, but I'd be much more confident if we had O'Dowda back.  

Anyway - Johnson out.

I think it makes sense though... You can't play an in-form team away and expect to win. Preston are probably 60/40 favourites, so a tough game. If our lads show commitment and desire they have the ability to win games tough games, like they did at Sheffield Utd. I can accept defeats but only if the players did all they could. 

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I don't consider 13 points out of last 36 as a blip. It is lower mid table form. 

And I would also add that in my time as a City fan lasting nearly seventy years, and that I cannot remember that we ever threw away a 3-0 halftime lead until Derby last season and the miserable non performance against Sunderland. 

No consistency. 

Yeah, in the last 70 years of our history this really ranks as one of the low points doesn’t it, because we drew a couple of games we should have won. We’ve been incredibly consistent for the other 69 years haven’t we.

6 hours ago, BigTone said:

Win would be massive but a draw more likely.  Should we lose then I will get the ball rolling .................. Crap tactics, crap substitutions, crap pitch, everyone crap, LJ out !!!!

Sounds like a nasty case of verbal diahorrea Tone...  Take a couple of these...tout_3.2._imodium_msr.png.png...beats the 'crap' out of Gas too apparently! :)  

14 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Sounds like a nasty case of verbal diahorrea Tone...  Take a couple of these...tout_3.2._imodium_msr.png.png...beats the 'crap' out of Gas too apparently! :)  

Normally take this. Whilst it doesn't cure the problem it does thicken things up.

bisto 1.jpg

5 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

It' s  "Ye of little faith" not "thee" - if you're going to quote George Michael you really ought to get it right.

I have never in my life quoted George Michael and possibly never will. But you've gotta have faith

I just hope the players are up for it and match them for comitment as without it we'll lose the game.

Its a tricky place to go and it's about time we got a result up there.

This is their big week with Fulham to play on Saturday so there's a lot of pressure on them to get the results.

If we are serious, we have put one of our rivals out of the running.

COYR

If we are not guilty of trying to 'over play it' then we might be ok. Quality of opposition was very poor on Saturday, but then again it was against Bolton and Sunderland and you can only beat what is in front of you.

Would be happy with a draw at Preston. We can't afford to lose as this is another potential 6 pointer.

5 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I don't consider 13 points out of last 36 as a blip. It is lower mid table form. 

And I would also add that in my time as a City fan lasting nearly seventy years, and that I cannot remember that we ever threw away a 3-0 halftime lead until Derby last season and the miserable non performance against Sunderland. 

No consistency. 

No, no and NO!!!! Non performance my ass!

You could not replicate one of those own goals let alone two!

Just ridiculously unlucky on the day!

This post was about being negative AFTER a possible defeat and you start now?

Unbelievable Jeff!!

6 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I’d rather give Johnson credit for turning Reid - previously a midfield player who used to divide opinion - into the Championship’s top scorer in less than a season, instead of continually focussing on a tactical decision that didn’t work out.

Cant disagree with that. ******* genius decision to be fair

6 hours ago, Icelandic Clap said:

I shudder to imagine the reaction from some if Reid only had 3 to his name so far :fear:

Well as Bobby is in his 8th season (7th really) of league football and he's never scored more than 3 league goals in a season, the reaction would probably be:

'Blimey, who'd have thought it, fair play to LJ, it's only March and Bobby's already equalled his highest ever total!'

I WOULD say the 5-0 last season has got to be johnson,s lowest point so any thing other then a huge lose tonight has got to be a step in the right direction. still have this funny feeling about the last game v the blades , maybe not the wide spread trouble like 89 but will have some EDGE.........................who knows?

18 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

I WOULD say the 5-0 last season has got to be johnson,s lowest point so any thing other then a huge lose tonight has got to be a step in the right direction. still have this funny feeling about the last game v the blades , maybe not the wide spread trouble like 89 but will have some EDGE.........................who knows?

So because we lost 5-0 last season a 3-0 defeat tonight would be progress? Well that’s one way of looking at it I suppose.

20 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Fully expect it to define our season and end up being a bit unruly. Never done things the easy way, it's just not us.

Archived