IGNORED

The Preston North End FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 36

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

In 6th and our playoff chances gone with a handful of games left? 

Based on our current form since Christmas compared to those around us and just below, yeah, I don't think we'll make it unfortunately. As much as I'd me happy to be proved wrong, I think we'll end up in 8th/9th position.

As great a result as Saturday was, consistency is vital at the moment and we don't have it. Wednesday were really poor and We're not going to come up against many teams like that.

Now with Flint missing 3 and although Baker will improve us at the back, we are definitely weaker without Flint.

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

1 point off 6th place. FFS! 

Whilst it’s only one point , our form has been poor for a while now and teams have caught us up.

The top four now look sorted , Wolves, Cardiff, Fulham & Villa in what ever order. Derby are having a wobble , Boro seem to be picking up results now. Think us, Preston and Sheffield Utd will be left behind, but you’re right it is only one point.

Flint’s sending off to me appeared to be frustration, whether because of the result tonight or our fall from a strong position in the league. Which if it’s the later is a worry because he won’t be the only one with those thoughts 

Not quite good enough, 2 soft goals to concede. We probably created better chances, but not enough clear cut. Preston negated us tonight, Famara closely marked throughout.

I’ve seen enough of Kent now. You can have him back Liverpool, there was a reason why he didn’t get played in Germany on Loan. He’s shit

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

1 point off 6th place. FFS! 

and how many weeks have we been saying "we're still in the top 3", "we're still 7 points clear of falling out of the play offs!", "we're still in the play off's". Now it's "we're only 1 point off 6th place"....... at what point do we stop looking at the positive side of our current position and start looking at the god awful run of form we've had since January started! In our 14 games we've played in 2018 we've won 2 games! We've drawn 4 and we've lost 8!! I don;t know what's more frustrating, the teams form or coming on here and reading the "FFS"'s at people complaining about our form when they have every right to!

I'm not saying LJ should go, I want to make that clear before my words are twisted BUT on so many occasions it's been clear to see that we struggle against teams who sit back against us and it's STILL not been addressed. During the transfer window we needed to strengthen and at the very least add some depth to the positions we were lacking in. We brought a striker in on loan when we already had 5 and then we brought in two midfielders when the midfield was the one area we had the most depth. What we needed was a right back to free Bailey up in case we had any inuries or suspensions whilst Pisano was still injured, we needed a left back of quality which would allow Bryan to stay on the left side of the midfield... instead we've now got to put so many square pegs in round holes that we're completely unbalanced and none of our players can be rested when they need it the most.

It's been said a lot that LJ is a young manager and has a lot to learn but what's worrying me the most is he doesn't seem to be learning the basics, like squad depth is crucial to a league where you play 50+ games when you have a long cup run.

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

That’s what happens when your ego outweighs your professionalism. Absolutely ******* moronic. 

Im more concerned about how we do not learn from our mistakes

Theres only so many times we can play the "we will learn from this" card.

The goals were abysmal to concede. The quicker we move Magners on the better. He is shocking

Ok we lost and should not have, but the negativity of so many on here makes me sick....go support somebody else if you can’t support your team. Most of the criticism is short-sighted and lacking in any kind of reasoned intelligence... get a life.

As others have said, after playing a game on Saturday I can never understand why Johnson is so against making subs. Those players must be itching to get on the field to make a difference, but his refusal to take Smith, Pack or Brownhill off every game means it’s the same options so players like Elliasson will only get a chance due to injuries. 

We had patches of good play tonight and play better football than Preston, but we didn’t test goalie enough, they were more ‘game smart’ and that’s the end of our playoff challenge. It’s easy to beat teams like Sheff Weds but these are the games we need to get a result and we didn’t. 

10 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Look at the Flint incident closer and you may soften your view.

Agreed, looked quite accidental me. Was trying to push Cunningham's arm away from behind him and Flint's elbow (maybe) connected, wasn't even looking at him. 

Cunningham made a meal out of it, but was back on his feet fine soon as Flint got the card. The guy's a little ****. 

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Didn’t realise it was mathematically impossible to claw back a 1 point deficit with 10 games to go. My mistake.

Pull your head from your ass!! 10th is more realistic than 6th.......you are a tosser, along with all your deluded F&cks 

3 minutes ago, daored said:

Whilst it’s only one point , our form has been poor for a while now and teams have caught us up.

The top four now look sorted , Wolves, Cardiff, Fulham & Villa in what ever order. Derby are having a wobble , Boro seem to be picking up results now. Think us, Preston and Sheffield Utd will be left behind, but you’re right it is only one point.

Flint’s sending off to me appeared to be frustration, whether because of the result tonight or our fall from a strong position in the league. Which if it’s the later is a worry because he won’t be the only one with those thoughts 

Can’t argue with any of that. Derby have to be the ones that us and several others are gunning for now. 

thank god. We're still Bristol City. Smashing four past Wednesday (although they were sh!t) and now this.

Lee Johnson the messiah before Xmas is now the pantomime villain.

The hero players before Xmas are now naive and lacking in psychological strength.

This is very much how Bristol City have rolled for the past 35 years. Success is fleeting, breathe it in while it's there. Let it go when it's not.

We're starting to build something that just could be magnificent.

Hold on, it's gonna be a bumpy ride - we're 3 players short of promotion material. 

1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

Not quite good enough, 2 soft goals to concede. We probably created better chances, but not enough clear cut. Preston negated us tonight, Famara closely marked throughout.

I’ve seen enough of Kent now. You can have him back Liverpool, there was a reason why he didn’t get played in Germany on Loan. He’s shit

Not enough clear cut chances? We missed 3 absolute sitters!

Where to start, well let's start with LJ, I can understand with our injury list why he had to play Magnússon, but i'm sorry he is plainly not good enough too casual and lightweight, but why play Paterson? it's bad enough how poorly he is playing at the moment but in such a physical game he takes lightweight to a new level, he must be a defenders dream to mark.

@Super if Kent becomes a Liverpool first teamer ever I will be amazed, if Eliasson is worse than him Jesus he must be poor, I can and will never understand his signing it just does not make sense to me.

Pack was poor, I don't know what Fielding was on in the first half, Bryan was poor, Wright was poor, Browning tried, Reid put in a shift, Diedhiou as well, Smith was the pick of our pups.

Back to LJ to allow us to go looking for a winner so soon after getting back into a game, we never looked like getting into was pure folly and that cavalier attitude cost us the 2nd goal, we are right in the shit now Flint out for 3 games, Baker injured, so our CB pairing will be Wright and Magnússon and somebody at right back.

Just need to say this to get it out of my system.

Having, somehow, managed to equalise we then were far too easily exposed when we were attacking, enabling them to swiftly regain the lead. PNE then used every trick/opportunity to  waste time and frustrate us (ugly but effective and the ref didn’t intervene).

Even then we created a couple of chances to equalise.

Certainly we didn't deserve to win and we’re totally punished for our naive defending on two occasions.

Then Flint sees red, so we are now without a key player,  thanks to his unprofessionalism. 

Archived