IGNORED

The Preston North End FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 36

Septic Peg

2 minutes ago, Cloggie said:

Ok we lost and should not have, but the negativity of so many on here makes me sick....go support somebody else if you can’t support your team. Most of the criticism is short-sighted and lacking in any kind of reasoned intelligence... get a life.

Indeed  even game  they won. Joe and Korey should have done better.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Where to start, well let's start with LJ, I can understand with our injury list why he had to play Magnússon, but i'm sorry he is plainly not good enough too casual and lightweight, but why play Paterson? it's bad enough how poorly he is playing at the moment but in such a physical game he takes lightweight to a new level, he must be a defenders dream to mark.

@Super if Kent becomes a Liverpool first teamer ever I will be amazed, if Eliasson is worse than him Jesus he must be poor, I can and will never understand his signing it just does not make sense to me.

Pack was poor, I don't know what Fielding was on in the first half, Bryan was poor, Wright was poor, Browning tried, Reid put in a shift, Diedhiou as well, Smith was the pick of our pups.

Back to LJ to allow us to go looking for a winner so soon after getting back into a game, we never looked like getting into was pure folly and that cavalier attitude cost us the 2nd goal, we are right in the shit now Flint out for 3 games, Baker injured, so our CB pairing will be Wright and Magnússon and somebody at right back.

Bryan banned as well.

2 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Didnt touch him. What a c!?t Cunningham is nowadays. 

However, will never get that rescinded as it just looks bad. 

Yep Cunningham had his hand on Flints head and he just went to brush him off with back of his hand as you would do, it wasn't a punch or a slap.....just a brush off as a result of someone else's actions. 

Think Cunningham will be cited.

2 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Pull your head from your ass!! 10th is more realistic than 6th.......

Just looked at your posting history.

All over it when we lost at Cardiff. Posting in the run up to the Wednesday game. Not one post after the Wednesday win. Reappeared after full time tonight.

Says it all.

14 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Cunninghams a**** every single time we’ve played against them since he left. Only player of the promotion side I dislike. 

Yep, agree.  And to make it worse unfortunately he seems to have the voodoo on us well it seems. Let's hope Flinty gets his own back next season on the little $hite! 

5 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Im more concerned about how we do not learn from our mistakes

Theres only so many times we can play the "we will learn from this" card.

The goals were abysmal to concede. The quicker we move Magners on the better. He is shocking

Luckily I haven’t seen them, can’t say I’m in a rush to either. Magnússon has been awful since day one, the love in is embarassing. 

The more I watch the Flint incident the more angry I get. What the **** is the absolute moron thinking? 

10 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Dont agre. many points to play.

There are but our consistency has to improve. Great performances against Fulham and Wednesday undone by results tonight and against Sunderland, Bolton etc. We also need teams around us to help us out a bit too. 

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

and how many weeks have we been saying "we're still in the top 3", "we're still 7 points clear of falling out of the play offs!", "we're still in the play off's". Now it's "we're only 1 point off 6th place"....... at what point do we stop looking at the positive side of our current position and start looking at the god awful run of form we've had since January started! In our 14 games we've played in 2018 we've won 2 games! We've drawn 4 and we've lost 8!! I don;t know what's more frustrating, the teams form or coming on here and reading the "FFS"'s at people complaining about our form when they have every right to!

I'm not saying LJ should go, I want to make that clear before my words are twisted BUT on so many occasions it's been clear to see that we struggle against teams who sit back against us and it's STILL not been addressed. During the transfer window we needed to strengthen and at the very least add some depth to the positions we were lacking in. We brought a striker in on loan when we already had 5 and then we brought in two midfielders when the midfield was the one area we had the most depth. What we needed was a right back to free Bailey up in case we had any inuries or suspensions whilst Pisano was still injured, we needed a left back of quality which would allow Bryan to stay on the left side of the midfield... instead we've now got to put so many square pegs in round holes that we're completely unbalanced and none of our players can be rested when they need it the most.

It's been said a lot that LJ is a young manager and has a lot to learn but what's worrying me the most is he doesn't seem to be learning the basics, like squad depth is crucial to a league where you play 50+ games when you have a long cup run.

Spot on, Spike :clap:

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Don’t worry about not having Flint or Baker and play three at the back??? Care to enlighten us as to who these three are?

Wright, Magnússon, Pisano.  Time for some in the squad to start earning their wages.  Let's see what all the fuss is about with Hörður, personally I don't see it but you play what you've got.  The point is, let's go for the win, if we can't beat Burton then our hopes are fading quicker than a 2W light bulb.  COYR!

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Luckily I haven’t seen them, can’t say I’m in a rush to either. Magnússon has been awful since day one, the love in is embarassing. 

The more I watch the Flint incident the more angry I get. What the **** is the absolute moron thinking? 

Bearing in mind you are the relentless defender and excuse finder of any criticism like the Club Chaplin , even the indefensible and castigated any criticism or ‘derogatory’ remarks about LJ

The Irony

The third time you’ve used the word moron like a 5 yr old in a tantrum

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

See where as Flint deserves a red card...Cunningham should have been punished for his part

It was clearly done to gage a response and at the end of the day, he did it by putting his hands on Flint

Did not see the game tonight, but from what I heard it’s the same players who keep letting us down time and time again - where’s the ambition gone, naming names is counter productive but Pack is unreliable, joe brien has a huge ego, Paterson is not strong enough mentally or physically and dare I say I love smith but why does every ball he recieves need 2 touches, by the time he’s decided what to do with ball he’s closed down, our manager showing his true colours favourites chosen over better prospects. Can’t excuse what I’m hearing about flint elbowing Cunningham for roughing his hair, but it’s pure frustration due to players and manager underperforming

Decent game, evenly matched for large spells, just thought we were a bit more aggressive, passed it with a little more conviction, and obviously benefitted from a mistake for the first goal

Maguire and Johnson made the difference off the bench, whilst your sub Kent didn't seem up to much.

Just looked at the Flint sending off. As mentioned earlier, Cinderella Smith is late for the ball that he should have buried. Cunningham ruffles Flint's hair and the big man flings out an arm, but it misses the Preston player. Flint deserved a red, but Cunningham should be cited for simulation after falling to the floor clutching his face. 

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Daft reaction for sure, but his disciplinary record since he's been here is exemplary for a CB. 

1 minute ago, pnefcok said:

Decent game, evenly matched for large spells, just thought we were a bit more aggressive, passed it with a little more conviction, and obviously benefitted from a mistake for the first goal

Maguire and Johnson made the difference off the bench, whilst your sub Kent didn't seem up to much.

Spot on account to be fair. 

Archived