IGNORED

The Preston North End FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 36

Septic Peg

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Bearing in mind you are the relentless defender and excuse finder of any criticism like the Club Chaplin , even the indefensible and castigated any criticism or ‘derogatory’ remarks about LJ

The Irony

The third time you’ve used the word moron like a 5 yr old in a tantrum

Not at all, you’ll find plenty of criticism of LJ from me on here over his time here.

Nice to see you’re picking up where you left off though before your break with your attacks on the poster rather than the content. 

On way back.

- should have got a draw as good 2nd half performance. Reid missed a sitter. First half however very average. 

- Magnússon continues to be a liability. We should get rid in summer. 

- Fielding made a great save but definitely involved in the mix-up.

- Flint an idiot for lashing out. If no Baker we face having a joke defence for Burton as Bryan out too?

- Kent still frustrating but almost curled in before Flint sending off. 

Its hardly season over but it doesn't look too clever at moment. 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not at all, you’ll find plenty of criticism of LJ from me on here over his time here.

Nice to see you’re picking up where you left off though before your break with your attacks on the poster rather than the content. 

Your posts this evening say everything

True Colours - erupting into a tantrum when you castigate others relentlessly

And a complete hypocrite

Reality check

2 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

On way back.

- should have got a draw as good 2nd half performance. Reid missed a sitter. First half however very average. 

- Magnússon continues to be a liability. We should get rid in summer. 

- Fielding made a great save but definitely involved in the mix-up.

- Flint an idiot for lashing out. If no Baker we face having a joke defence for Burton as Bryan out too?

- Kent still frustrating but almost curled in before Flint sending off. 

Its hardly season over but it doesn't look too clever at moment. 

Reids was a great save and at least it was on target unlike Patersons sitter miss.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Your posts this evening say everything

True Colours - erupting into a tantrum when you castigate others relentlessly

And a complete hypocrite

Reality check

Ok Bob. Bury that head. Flint has made the mother of all errors tonight and how anyone can defend him is absolutely beyond me. 

We all want to look at it with our city specs on but it’s simply inexcusable, just a completely idiotic thing to do, and the fact that we won’t appeal it will tell you everything you need to know about whether that’s true or not. 

34 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Pisano will be back Saturday 

Just in time to allow Bailey to move into the middle with Hodor... what a great line of defense this will be. Our 3rd and 4th choice CB's, Bryan who should be in midfield as our LB and a man who's missed 26 games and hasn't played a competitive match in over 125 days at the age of 30... sounds like a real promotion back 4 doesn't it.

10 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Diedhiou takes more of a whack to the face from their keeper than Cunningham does from Flint.

Rudd was a prat and certainly pushed out at Diedhiou, who returned the favour with both players booked. A 2-1 defeat was bad enough, but to lose discipline like that is unforgivable. It just demonstrates a lack of focus at key moments. The Fielding, Baker and Flint red cards were all avoidable and we've paid the penalty with the first two. Let's hope the Flint sending off doesn't bite too deep. We can come back from this but will have to show greater maturity and earn some clean sheets. Let's pray we do.

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

Rudd was prat and certainly pushed out at Diedhiou, who returned the favour with both players booked. A 2-1 defeat was bad enough, but to lose discipline like that is unforgivable. It just demonstrates a lack of focus at key moments. The Fielding, Baker and Flint red cards were all avoidable and we've paid the penalty with the first two. Let's hope the Flint sending off doesn't bite too deep. We can come back from this but will have to show greater maturity and more clean sheets. Let's pray we do.

Our whole first choice defence is out now. Pisano Flint Baker Bryan all potentially out! :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Ok Bob. Bury that head. Flint has made the mother of all errors tonight and how anyone can defend him is absolutely beyond me. 

We all want to look at it with our city specs on but it’s simply inexcusable, just a completely idiotic thing to do, and the fact that we won’t appeal it will tell you everything you need to know about whether that’s true or not. 

You still don’t get it do you

Flint reacted and ****^*^^ up - happens , mistake and unprofessional but probably as frustrated as everyone else by another error from Magnússon and pathetic defending again for second

He three an arm 

You three a tantrum like a 5 year old and repeatedly Referred to him as / called  him a MORON

Well done

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

And so has LJ tonight, why does he keep selecting Paterson to start?, he is playing poorly and not a player to have in the trenches for a physical game, he was awful for about the 8th game running, why bring Kent on? and why go chasing the game in such a cavalier fashion so soon after equalising in a game that we were 2nd best in for most of it.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

And so has LJ tonight, why does he keep selecting Paterson to start?, he is playing poorly and not a player to have in the trenches for a physical game, he was awful for about the 8th game running, why bring Kent on? and why go chasing the game in such a cavalier fashion so soon after equalising in a game that we were 2nd best in for most of it.

I didn’t watch the game Es so I can’t comment on the tactical decisions. 

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Did you see the sending off?.

Yes, about 30 times. Flint was insane to react, especially as I say when he’s a chief wind up merchant himself - he goes looking for the exact same reaction fairly frequently and yet sees the red mist as soon as it happens to him. And apparently I’m the hypocrite :blink:

3 game ban for nothing. Completely avoidable and yet another massive blow to our hopes of finishing the season positively. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yes, about 30 times. Flint was insane to react, especially as I say when he’s a chief wind up merchant himself - he goes looking for the exact same reaction fairly frequently and yet sees the red mist as soon as it happens to him. And apparently I’m the hypocrite :blink:

3 game ban for nothing. Completely avoidable and yet another massive blow to our hopes of finishing the season positively. 

Flint was foolish but for me gets a free pass because he has earned it, 3 others have not earned that right, I am at loss with LJ's undying love in for Paterson.

I think I would be frustrated playing with watching those 3 flouncing around.

He needs to forget Kent and play our own player because he cannot be any worse and he needs to put his arm around Magnússon because unfortunately we need him now.

Absolute dogshit that.  Our team have busted their bollocks this season and only 405 can travel to Preston.  Embarrassing. The sags took 356 to Oldham on a Tuesday night after not winning in 10 and being 19th! Let’s hope they don’t get a new ground to replace that s**thole of theirs! 

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Flint was foolish but for me gets a free pass because he has earned it, 3 others have not earned that right, I am at loss with LJ's undying love in for Paterson.

I think I would be frustrated playing with watching those 3 flouncing around.

He needs to forget Kent and play our own player because he cannot be any worse and he needs to put his arm around Magnússon because unfortunately we need him now.

Sorry but no one should get a free pass for that, that’s what’s winding me up. If it were Diony or Kent then everyone would be talking about what an idiot he is. But because it’s Flint it’s apparently ok. 

I’m certainly not doom and gloom, but we do need to work on playing against more physical teams. Preston were not in Cardiff’s league for general on-pitch assaults, but they closed, pressed and quickly crowded out our main creative players. Teams like this seem to be our undoing this season. You could argue that at times we are a bit too lightweight in midfield, especially if teams want to crowd it out.

The playoffs have got to remain an objective, and I think a perfectly reasonable one.

Looking back, Preston created few chances, 2 stupid mistakes conceded 2 goals. We had sufficient chances to have won that game tonight. 

Archived