IGNORED

The Preston North End FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 36

Septic Peg

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh yeh, bet you didn’t hate him when he did this (0:24) - although you probably weren’t there...

Weird comment, but sure I'll bite anyway.

I haven't attended a Bristol City game since we lost 3-2 to Derby - two seasons ago, as I have been outside the UK for work. I had a season ticket every season for the 12 (I think, not 100% sure) years preceding that, (and will for next season) so yes I was at the game. 

Possibly a slight exaggeration to say I've ALWAYS hated Greg, but certainly since he left the club and especially when he wildly celebrated his late winner in a 2-1 win in front of me in the Atyeo two or three seasons back.

3 minutes ago, Markred said:

Absolute dogshit that.  Our team have busted their bollocks this season and only 405 can travel to Preston.  Embarrassing. The sags took 356 to Oldham on a Tuesday night after not winning in 10 and being 19th! Let’s hope they don’t get a new ground to replace that s**thole of theirs! 

ALTERNATE VERSION

Well done to the 405 who managed to do a 9 hour all round trip to Preston, on a cold Tuesday night, in a time where everybody has been given 2/3 weeks to shell out for the price of a ST to retain their seats and while the team are bang out of form.

Did you go? @Markred

9 minutes ago, Markred said:

Absolute dogshit that.  Our team have busted their bollocks this season and only 405 can travel to Preston.  Embarrassing. The sags took 356 to Oldham on a Tuesday night after not winning in 10 and being 19th! Let’s hope they don’t get a new ground to replace that s**thole of theirs! 

You do know that higher priced season tickets have just gone on sale this week, don't you?

1 minute ago, harrys said:

The thought of Wright & Hörður as our Centre Halfs is very concerning with the inexperienced Kelly at LB the unfit Pisano at RB and that’s not even mentioning our keeper, luckily the next three games are not the toughest

Everyone said the same after Baker got a 3 match ban and then we went and picked up 2 points from games against Bolton (currently 19th), Sunderland (24th) & Leeds (currently 13th).
So having 3 games up against 23rd, 12th & 21st? If we have 2 points from that it's awful.

12 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Weird comment, but sure I'll bite anyway.

I haven't attended a Bristol City game since we lost 3-2 to Derby - two seasons ago, as I have been outside the UK for work. I had a season ticket every season for the 12 (I think, not 100% sure) years preceding that, (and will for next season) so yes I was at the game. 

Possibly a slight exaggeration to say I've ALWAYS hated Greg, but certainly since he left the club and especially when he wildly celebrated his late winner in a 2-1 win in front of me in the Atyeo two or three seasons back.

Agree about Cunningham, always seemed a decent bloke and popular with the other players but his celebration that night was way ott.

10 minutes ago, Markred said:

After three consecutive relegation battles in champ only to fall to another in league one with an average of just under a 1k was fantastic and something they could't achieve.

Now looking at your previous posts it seems you are either gas in disguise or are just one of those fans on Arsenal TV that moan after finishing second in the prem.

Sheff wed took about the same to us last season. Are you seriously suggesting (in the gaslogic mindset) that rovers have better away support than wednesday.

2 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

Everyone said the same after Baker got a 3 match ban and then we went and picked up 2 points from games against Bolton (currently 19th), Sunderland (24th) & Leeds (currently 13th).
So having 3 games up against 23rd, 12th & 21st? If we have 2 points from that it's awful.

Yes

25 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Flint was foolish but for me gets a free pass because he has earned it, 3 others have not earned that right, I am at loss with LJ's undying love in for Paterson.

I think I would be frustrated playing with watching those 3 flouncing around.

He needs to forget Kent and play our own player because he cannot be any worse and he needs to put his arm around Magnússon because unfortunately we need him now.

No one gets a free pass for that, stupidity in the extreme, if you want to brush him away push him at chest level etc, no he's raised his elbow/arm to Cunningham's face and deserves the ban. No need for him to react and he's often the one trying to do it to the opposition. 

7 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

After three consecutive relegation battles in champ only to fall to another in league one....

That’s just not true....we didn’t have three consecutive relegation battles before we were relegated finishing bottom of the championship...and when we did go down, we didn’t ‘fall to another one in league one’ we finished 12th...then 1st...

3 minutes ago, stroud said:

Just got back to the hotel in Preston and I have to defend Flint the Preston keeper almost flattened Flint and the ref completely bottled it and sent Flinty of

Mine you the worst ref I have seen this season 

HOW?! Its not hard not to raise your elbow/arm into Cunningham's face, he's usually the first to wind up opposition players so should be able to take it.

28 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

I’m certainly not doom and gloom, but we do need to work on playing against more physical teams. Preston were not in Cardiff’s league for general on-pitch assaults, but they closed, pressed and quickly crowded out our main creative players. Teams like this seem to be our undoing this season. You could argue that at times we are a bit too lightweight in midfield, especially if teams want to crowd it out.

Agreed. A central midfield 3 I think would really help to regain some control in games like this.

I was right behind it and the keeper almost flatten Flint and then Cunningham whacked him 

Also 20 seconds before this something serious was said to fam which seem to spark it off and after the whistle both fam and Korey was trying to take on the whole Preston team so I think there is more to this than meets the in my view the ref completely bottled it 

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That’s just not true....we didn’t have three consecutive relegation battles before we were relegated finishing bottom of the championship...and when we did go down, we didn’t ‘fall to another one in league one’ we finished 12th...then 1st...

Yeah sorry I meant two and It was until cotts came in. Im aware we didn't finish ina battle. My point was our support was fantastic given the state we were in.

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Tbh,  we were near the bottom 4, possibly even in it at start of March v Gillingham. Maybe it wasn't a full relegation scrap, but for a lot of that season, we weren't too far away!!

33 minutes ago, Markred said:

You're quite obviously a sag mate so do kindly **** off.

10 minutes ago, stroud said:

Just got back to the hotel in Preston and I have to defend Flint the Preston keeper almost flattened Flint and the ref completely bottled it and sent Flinty of

Mine you the worst ref I have seen this season 

You sure you were there at the game?! Their keeper was absolutely nowhere near Flint in the incident where he got sent off..

Have another peep... http://www.skysports.com/football/preston-vs-bristol-c/375046

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You sure you were there at the game?! Their keeper was absolutely nowhere near Flint in the incident where he got sent off..

Have another peep... http://www.skysports.com/football/preston-vs-bristol-c/375046

It was before that. The reason he was on the floor in the first place was that he got crowded out and knocked about during a cross in which he might have scored. The kind of penalty that does not get given in fairness. Does not excuse his reaction, but can see why his blood was up.

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

It was before that. The reason he was on the floor in the first place was that he got crowded out and knocked about during a cross in which he might have scored. The kind of penalty that does not get given in fairness. Does not excuse his reaction, but can see why his blood was up.

Absolutely, but he wasn’t flattened by their keeper...

1 hour ago, Markred said:

take it you went then?

8 hours ago, Markred said:

:gasmask:

Went last night and had a deep sense of foreboding about the game. Lose and we're 6 points adrift. It really was a must win game for us and even a point doesn't close the gap.

I thought the difference between the teams was four mistakes. Two our and two yours.

The confusion between Fielding and Magnússon led to the first chance which a born again Alan Browne took brilliantly.

The second was our centre half switching off and your No 9 getting in front of him to score.

The third was Browne losing the ball in front of our goal but Paterson not being able to capitalise.

The fourth was your defence underestimating Maguire who beat them for pace then checked back and created space for a clinical finish.

Both keepers made worldie saves. How Fielding kept out Cunningham's header I'll never know.

I was at the other end of the ground so didn't see the issue with Flint but watched the highlights on Sky and whatever the provocation you just don't throw your arm in the face of an opponent. At that point of the game it just created a further problem for you beyond last night's game. It was un-neccesary.

For what it's worth I think we'll both struggle to make the Play Offs as I'm not sure you can look beyond the top 6 now. I might change my mind if we beat Fulham on saturday!

On an optimistic note we'll see you at Wembley! 

Preston as always were a solid, hard working, well organised team. Not an overly attacking minded one but lots of technically good players who know the system well and play to that. 

These are the teams we notoriously struggle against because the defend in numbers and don’t allow much space, and tend to make use of good set pieces. 

LJ needs to have a plan B for these teams as too many times this season we have dropped points not being able to adapt to the game. 

I’m feeling better than last night that’s for sure..... 

10 hours ago, Spike said:

Just in time to allow Bailey to move into the middle with Hodor... what a great line of defense this will be. Our 3rd and 4th choice CB's, Bryan who should be in midfield as our LB and a man who's missed 26 games and hasn't played a competitive match in over 125 days at the age of 30... sounds like a real promotion back 4 doesn't it.

**** sake what do you want 20 ******* defenders on the squad . Clueless 

1 hour ago, Missionary said:

Went last night and had a deep sense of foreboding about the game. Lose and we're 6 points adrift. It really was a must win game for us and even a point doesn't close the gap.

I thought the difference between the teams was four mistakes. Two our and two yours.

The confusion between Fielding and Magnússon led to the first chance which a born again Alan Browne took brilliantly.

The second was our centre half switching off and your No 9 getting in front of him to score.

The third was Browne losing the ball in front of our goal but Paterson not being able to capitalise.

The fourth was your defence underestimating Maguire who beat them for pace then checked back and created space for a clinical finish.

Both keepers made worldie saves. How Fielding kept out Cunningham's header I'll never know.

I was at the other end of the ground so didn't see the issue with Flint but watched the highlights on Sky and whatever the provocation you just don't throw your arm in the face of an opponent. At that point of the game it just created a further problem for you beyond last night's game. It was un-neccesary.

For what it's worth I think we'll both struggle to make the Play Offs as I'm not sure you can look beyond the top 6 now. I might change my mind if we beat Fulham on saturday!

On an optimistic note we'll see you at Wembley! 

I was going to ‘like’ your post until the Wembley bit. :sad26:

Serious question for you and other PNE fans, do you see your style and gamesmanship as ugly but effective, you put up with it as it gets results. Are you as cynical against everyone else or do we seem to get special treatment for some reason. I can’t belive you have got to where you are playing so ugly. You used to be a good footballing team, admired and respected, what happened? It’s such a shame, to think if you aren’t careful you will end up like Cardiff. 

8 hours ago, pillred said:

take it you went then?

Yes I did, 3 hours there three hours back.. 

sorry if that previous post came across bad I’m just fed up. The atmosphere is not what it used to be at all! Even at home we’re getting record high attendances but the atmosphere is dire. Maybe that happens the more success a team has I don’t know 

Archived