IGNORED

Flint

Judda

Low point - Flint getting a deserved by avoidable red card.

Positive - the team reaction when it looked like it might go off. Shows a lot of team spirit.

Hope isn't lost, despite the triple disappointment of Bryan and Flint picking up suspensions and the loss.

#AlwaysBelieve

9 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Flint was angry, it was a definite penalty on him as two defenders had just bundled him to the ground when the crossed ball was landing right on his noggin.  God knows what shite GC might have spouted when he ruffled his hair.  No doubt he said something to further provoke him.

All Flint did was swing his arm back without looking, I wouldn't even expect my son to fall over holding his face if that had happened to him.  Definite red card in the modern game, but hardly that big a deal from Flint; when he swung his arm he was only looking ahead at the ref and couldn't have known his arm was level with GC's face.

I do agree with this, I don't even think Flint realised it was GC. 

Their keeper jumped in and then Famara came in too make it seem much worse than it was. 

I’ve seen the incident several times and I think it’s a bit harsh to say he has reacted...in my humble opinion I just don’t think he has lashed out. 

Flint isn’t looking at Cunningham, he is looking and talking at the ref, he has felt someone ruffle his head and gone to move their arm away. I’m not sure if he has even caught Cunningham, Flints arm actually goes above his head.

complete overreaction and I for one hope Cunningham is retrospectively banned for feigning injury...that is way worse than the Fulham incident.

17 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Also human beings. He made a mistake. Poor on his part. Everyone makes mistakes. Nobody’s died . 

True, but it's an interesting debate that footballers are arguably above the law. 

There aren't many places you can fly kick a fan, racially abuse another player or spit on someone and still remain in employment.

I'm not disagreeing with you though, i just wish you'd share whatever you're smoking as you are so chilled .

Can't believe people are blaming Cunningham, ever played football peeps? Flint was just immature, about time he grew up and took some responsibility. Stop believing the headlines, there's a reason you ain't  in the he prem and fine him the max your allowed

2 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

I do agree with this, I don't even think Flint realised it was GC. 

Their keeper jumped in and then Famara came in too make it seem much worse than it was. 

2 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

I’ve seen the incident several times and I think it’s a bit harsh to say he has reacted...in my humble opinion I just don’t think he has lashed out. 

Flint isn’t looking at Cunningham, he is looking and talking at the ref, he has felt someone ruffle his head and gone to move their arm away. I’m not sure if he has even caught Cunningham, Flints arm actually goes above his head.

complete overreaction and I for one hope Cunningham is retrospectively banned for feigning injury...that is way worse than the Fulham incident.

Completely agree, it really wasn't that bad from Flint.  The decision not to give the penalty for the double foul on Flint was more shocking and was overlooked by Sky News pundits.

Reid would have scored and we would have the draw we all expected.

3 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

True, but it's an interesting debate tgat footballers are arguably above the law. 

There aren't many places you can fly kick a fan, racially abuse another player or spit on someone amd still remain in employment.

I'm not disagreeing with you though, i just wish you'd share whatever you're smoking as you are so chilled .

Smokings bad kids . Well you could look at a lot of sports. Rugby .Eye gouging. Punch ups . All sorts. He flung his arm out . It was stupid. But it happens 

8 minutes ago, Andy Horsman said:

You weren't raising this issue after Saturday's 4-0 win. Smearing Flint to suit your agenda is pretty low irrespective of his behaviour tonight. 

I could hardly raise it before it happened! !

I have only one agenda, namely to see City back in the top division before I die!

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

This is awkward

77818_D31-5_C3_D-440_D-_B021-_A12612_A99

Nice attempt to diminish your embarrassing hypocritical insults 

but

This is awkward

Moron is a term once used in psychology and psychiatry to denote mild intellectual disability.[1] The term was closely tied with the American eugenics movement.[2] Once the term became popularized, it fell out of use by the psychological community, as it was used more commonly as an insult than as a psychological term. It is similar to imbecile and idiot.

Congratulations on your efforts tonight 

Flint either got smacked, gobbed on or had his hair pulled, he obviously reacted to it, which is a bit wierd as if he was ever going to react to provocation it was Swindon at home when he was violently assaulted on nemerous occasions...

Pretty sure that’s Flints first red in the 5 years he’s been here? That’s a pretty formidable disciplinary record for a burley CB who’s played pretty much every game in that time! 

Not a huge amount in it (more of a shove IMO) but he left the ref with little choice. It’s a heated game and Flints a winner, shit happens. 

56 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Was Williams never sent off?

Flint's got a remarkable disciplinary record for City. I can't remember him being sent off before in 230 odd games.

Think Williams was sent off once for 2 bookings in a 1-0 away loss at Crewe I think unless I've got that completely wrong?

Cunningham has always been like that - niggly player who likes to wind up the opposition.

Strange considering they’re supposedly pals or former teammates but I suppose it’s right that they forget any friendship for 90 mins.

Flint is often a bit angry on the pitch, usually with his teammates or even our supporters on occasion rather than the opposition. Cunningham probably knew exactly which buttons to press. Definite red though.

Cunningham raises his hand to pat flints head , (should that not be red) ? Raised hands 

Flint reacts by throwing his gangly elbow out to push away Cunningham which just so happens to be in Cunninghams face as he’s about a foot shorter.

red card yes violent conduct no .

My view, on one quick look this morning. 

Flint throws an arm up to get the Preston player off, now if the player (Cunningham?) stays on his feet I doubt there is a card. I’m not sure there’s any contact, minor at most. In a perfect world it would be overturned and a suspension for simulation. Only two things wrong with that, not a perfect world and it is only one quick look. I’m not the only one who thinks this though.

If the ref gives the penalty for the two preston players hauling flint down in the first place (one of them had his arm around flints throat) then this whole thread is irrelvant. But if my aunt was my uncle etc

Preston disappointed me last night- played the ref and did it well. It was a shame as when they got the ball down they played some decent stuff. I like them as a club and the fans are a good bunch... but rudd and pearson are a pair of prized *****. And to sound cunningham can **** off as well. 

I'm still raging this morning. 

I assume most people are judging Flint from the video clip rather than actually seeing it live. It's a total over reaction, the angle of the video is the least flattering possible because you see Cunningham disappear behind his arm, but it certainly was not a deliberate elbow.

Rash yes, but obvious at the time that all Flint was doing was pushing the player away from him so he could continue to appeal a very valid penalty - it just so happens said player was so close to him that rather than shove, he saw a flailing arm and made the most of it.

And why was said player so close to him? Cunningham put himself into the situation in the first place, going as far as putting hands on Flint, yet he's on the floor the next minute until he's got Flint sent off (their keeper running round like a lunatic hoping for collateral damage too).

Whether or not it is a red in the laws of the game, there's a few people on here who are obviously prepared to win-at-all-costs if you call that football and put it all on Flint. I'm all for City being streetwise but I will never support us having players engineering a situation like that.

Bailey Wright has been banned for simulation when Kamara lashed out face to face, with no physical provocation. Cunningham has made the same reaction and from a situation that he did instigate, and which wasn't face on nor deliberate. You tell me which is engineered.

Incidentally, the other thing short video clips doesn't give you is context. I like Preston and their fans, always have done, but honestly their players would have wound up Mother Teresa last night. Buying fouls to stop our attacks, kicking the ball away, blocking our free kicks etc.

I'm not surprised our players were on a short fuse. Korey Smith is the perfect measure because he's so utterly docile in the way he plays football and I've never seen him get so angry. I know he's annoyed he made a mistake too but he was unhappy with the ref and Preston too.

At one point in the second half Smith goes calmly to the ref with the ball out of play and their big centre back gets between them to stop Korey having his say. You have to ask yourself what business it was of his, but that was Preston, gaming the ref and wanting to keep it that way.

I accept both Reid and Bryan made poorly timed challenges and were rightly booked. But the referee had no such control of Preston until injury time when he booked the keeper (single-handedly causing melee) and striker (diving) for the sort of wind up they were at all second half.

"You can't react" seems to be the general consensus. I'm pleased we have players who do react to all that crap because chances are in other aspects of the game, the ones who sit and quietly take it, are the ones who walk off the pitch losing 5-0 because they're totally bullied out of  it.

3 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

If the ref gives the penalty for the two preston players hauling flint down in the first place (one of them had his arm around flints throat) then this whole thread is irrelvant. But if my aunt was my uncle etc

Preston disappointed me last night- played the ref and did it well. It was a shame as when they got the ball down they played some decent stuff. I like them as a club and the fans are a good bunch... but rudd and pearson are a pair of prized *****. And to sound cunningham can **** off as well. 

Spot on mate. As you say, club and fans are a good bunch and very magnanimous once again afterwards.

It makes it all the more hard to see them playing this way (that they haven't in previous years - and I said exactly the same after the home game this season too when they were equally cynical) because you really want to dislike everything about them when you see Alex Neil's approach to the game, but it really is just the way he sets them up as hard to beat, not a reflection of a very decent club who can play some good stuff at home. They didn't yesterday however.

9 minutes ago, Olé said:

Incidentally, the other thing short video clips doesn't give you is context. I like Preston and their fans, always have done, but honestly their players would have wound up Mother Teresa last night. Buying fouls to stop our attacks, kicking the ball away, blocking our free kicks etc.

I'm not surprised our players were on a short fuse. Korey Smith is the perfect measure because he's so utterly docile in the way he plays football and I've never seen him get so angry. I know he's annoyed he made a mistake too but he was unhappy with the ref and Preston too.

At one point in the second half Smith goes calmly to the ref with the ball out of play and their big centre back gets between them to stop Korey having his say. You have to ask yourself what business it was of his, but that was Preston, gaming the ref and wanting to keep it that way.

I accept both Reid and Bryan made poorly timed challenges and were rightly booked. But the referee had no such control of Preston until injury time when he booked the keeper (single-handedly causing melee) and striker (diving) for the sort of wind up they were at all second half.

"You can't react" seems to be the general consensus. I'm pleased we have players who do react to all that crap because chances are in other aspects of the game, the ones who sit and quietly take it, are the ones who walk off the pitch losing 5-0 because they're totally bullied out of  it.

Spot on.

I like Preston’s fans too but under O’Neil they are a really vile team.

At our place they did all the same things you describe Rob (that shocking rugby tackle on Bryan, for instance) & as I posted on Monday Dean Smith hit the nail on the head when he said recently they play on the very edge of the laws of the game.

As for Cunningham, when they visit next year let’s hope his consistently low behaviour against us isn’t forgotten, he deserves no respect at all from us now.

Final point, I see some are comparing the Derrick Williams incident with last night, he got up after Flint kissed him (!) & laughed about it, fair play to him and there was nothing remotely similar about it at all.

51 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

I am but for 2 ridiculous goals conceded and a braindead moment from our defender at the end. Hopefully he is fined a couple of weeks wages. No excuses.

Archived