IGNORED

Flint

Judda

10 hours ago, reformed_red said:

React? He brushes him off with a wayward

swipe, it's hardly an elbow. 

Cunningham is an embarrassment; his actions tonight in that 20 second episode are the epitome of the typical modern day parasite footballer. Shocker. 

Not just 20 seconds: he was at it all game, or at least all the second half, when he was defending the end we were sitting and could see what he was up to.

He was desperate to get Diedhiou sent off too, provoking him, pushing him, saying things to him. And Korey's reaction was very unlike him and suggested he'd been massively provoked too. 

That said, Flints reaction was always a red card, arm raised that high and off the ball, is always stupid.

5 minutes ago, Super said:

I am but for 2 ridiculous goals conceded and a braindead moment from our defender at the end. Hopefully he is fined a couple of weeks wages. No excuses.

I'm not. I'm frustrated at those things but not raging. 

I can take losing when players make mistakes it's part of the game. It happens.

The same goes for Flint. I don't think there was any particular intention and at the time from where i was stood i did think cuntingham made the absolute most of it. But the ref saw a raised arm and sent him off. I was going apoplectic in the stands so i can't be too critical of players having a moment Madness on the pitch. Again it happens. 

What i can be raging about is preston players throwing themselves to ground at the slightest contact, a ref incapable of controling the game, rudd singlehandedly causes two melees yet having no repucussions,  pearson (and browne to a lesser extent) goading our fans at full time, twice in the first half preston tried to take Bobby out with lunging slide tackle (they missed... Just), the constant time wasting from the moment they went ahead, that flint could of had two pens in the second half (i wont comment on the first as it was at the other end) and the fact that i stopped for food on the way home and a cheese burger took mcdonalds 20 ******* minutes when i had to be up at 5 this morning! 

surely we should be appealing this sending off?

having watched it again flint doesn't even touch Cunningham, yet Cunningham goes down holding his face

remember Bailey getting shoved in the throat by kamara at Fulham,  Bailey then held his face, kamara had his red recinded as Bailey pushed in throat not face, and Bailey then got banned

surely the same should apply to flint having red rescinded and Cunningham getting the ban as Cunningham wasn't even touched, yet Cunningham goes down holding his face?

So good to see so many balanced posts on this. If I were a city fan I’d be furious with flint’s actions. He’s huge in every way in both boxes. He was a real threat from magnussons long throws.

like Cunningham or not it looks on tv that he went to ruffle an ex team mates hair. In itself not a hanging offence. Your guys at the game will be able to give a better description as it was down their end.

It was interesting to watch Smith head over to Pearson after the whistle to try to provoke him into an action that would have seen him sent off. Fortunately our physio intervened and took Pearson away.

a 2-1 defeat isn’t the end of the world but losing two key components of your back 4 is, and whilst I thought the left back was unlucky (it was a phase of the game when the ref was going card crazy) flint only has himself to blame. As a couple of posters have said I’d be furious with flint if I were Johnson.

3 hours ago, Missionary said:

So good to see so many balanced posts on this. If I were a city fan I’d be furious with flint’s actions. He’s huge in every way in both boxes. He was a real threat from magnussons long throws.

like Cunningham or not it looks on tv that he went to ruffle an ex team mates hair. In itself not a hanging offence. Your guys at the game will be able to give a better description as it was down their end.

It was interesting to watch Smith head over to Pearson after the whistle to try to provoke him into an action that would have seen him sent off. Fortunately our physio intervened and took Pearson away.

a 2-1 defeat isn’t the end of the world but losing two key components of your back 4 is, and whilst I thought the left back was unlucky (it was a phase of the game when the ref was going card crazy) flint only has himself to blame. As a couple of posters have said I’d be furious with flint if I were Johnson.

Smith was heading over as he was the one provoked. He had to be dragged away on at least 3 occasions and was still trying to get at him all the way into the tunnel. That is not the action of someone on a wind up looking for a reaction. 

If anything your phyiso did us a favour as korey looked like he wanted to kill pearson and could of been another key player for us suspended. This isn't me being bias- i stood and watched it all and was discussing with those around me what could have been said to upset Smith (one of our more mild, level headed players) that much.

As for Flint - he has to go once his arm has made contact, it was a stupid decision that sometimes happens in the heat of the moment. But i think it's more of a reaction to the fact he had just been dragged to the floor by two preston players and had it ignored by the ref. One of the players had his arm around flints throat and i also thought flint got something in the face- i'm sure he got up holding his face.

We lost our collective cool last night- Me included! That seemed to be part of your game plan and the ref let it happen. It worked a treat for you.

23 hours ago, cider-manc said:

Smith was heading over as he was the one provoked. He had to be dragged away on at least 3 occasions and was still trying to get at him all the way into the tunnel. That is not the action of someone on a wind up looking for a reaction. 

If anything your phyiso did us a favour as korey looked like he wanted to kill pearson and could of been another key player for us suspended. This isn't me being bias- i stood and watched it all and was discussing with those around me what could have been said to upset Smith (one of our more mild, level headed players) that much.

As for Flint - he has to go once his arm has made contact, it was a stupid decision that sometimes happens in the heat of the moment. But i think it's more of a reaction to the fact he had just been dragged to the floor by two preston players and had it ignored by the ref. One of the players had his arm around flints throat and i also thought flint got something in the face- i'm sure he got up holding his face.

We lost our collective cool last night- Me included! That seemed to be part of your game plan and the ref let it happen. It worked a treat for you.

At the end of the day you abide by the decision of the ref whether you like it or not. We had Welsh sent off v Wolves and it was never a sending off in my mind. Except it was cos the ref sent him off.

Shame really because it wasn't a dirty game and to be honest it could have gone either way.

1 minute ago, Missionary said:

At the end of the day you abide by the decision of the ref whether you like it or not. We had Welsh sent off v Wolves and it was never a sending off in my mind. Except it was cos the ref sent him off.

Shame really because it wasn't a dirty game and to be honest it could have gone either way.

Fact is you’re a dirty, cynical side, your disciplinary record over the season proves that beyond doubt.

It was a sending off for me but some of your players (Cunningham, Pearson, the goalkeeper) are a disgrace.

On 06/03/2018 at 22:40, WestonRobin said:

...i’m not sure if he has even caught Cunningham, Flints arm actually goes above his head.

complete overreaction and I for one hope Cunningham is retrospectively banned for feigning injury...that is way worse than the Fulham incident.

Obviously all opinions are relevant and everyone sees things differently - my view is, Flint’s forearm and hand went above GC’s head, but his elbow didn’t...

Archived