IGNORED

Time for 3.5.2

tinman85

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Worked like a charm in the Championship for Cotts didn’t it.

We now have the players for it. Anyone go to Fulham away? Our best performance of season away. Midfield three were class. Now we have Diedhiou back we need to dominate that mid again. We don't keep clean sheets much and our full backs are non existent! As is a midfield two! 

30 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

We were overran in midfield tonight. Pisano and Bryan wing backs and as Fulham away Josh, Smith and Pack in mid. Two strikers. Simples. We can't keep clean sheets away 

Eh? wernt we all screaming out for steve cotterills head because of 3-5-2?

Gotta laugh havnt you

39 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Real and barca seem to be playing the 442 pretty well at the moment.

Mmn...it isn't 4-4-2 in the conventional sense though, for Barca especially.

Diamond, 4 central midfielders...really quite different in some ways.

As for us...I think 3-5-2 has some merit tbh. 4-4-2 in the traditional sense, I think has had its day a bit. 

3-5-2, could actually give us quite a range of possibilities.

9 hours ago, roddy-d said:

Love it how every moaned about 352 when cotts was in charge. 

I think it was his dogmatic insistence on 352 that got me. It's a formation that can can to used for different teams, but it is not a philosophy as cotts seemed to elevate it to. 

I think we have the personnel (with Pisano and Bryan) to play 352.  When fit I'd favour Hegeler in the 3 somewhere as he can bring the ball out.  Think Mags would be ok at that and there's move cover if he does make a howler.

Paterson was good Saturday but generally he's been poor of late.  I like Bryan at full back but anything to get him more involved higher up the pitch is good for me.  Pisano showed on Saturday what we have missed playing Wright there in terms of going forward. (Not a go at Wright, who despite criticism I feel has done more than adequately given he is a CB).

Good call @tinman85

Archived