IGNORED

Spineless, gutless & pathetic..!

Bar BS3

Not the team. Half the people on here every time we lose a match!!

We are 1 (one) point of 6th place! Anyone would think we were several points adrift at the bottom of the league! 

We may not win another game all season. We may pick up the results needed to finish 6th, maybe even 5th. Either way it’s been a season over massive improvement. 

We certainly need to strengthen some areas and improve the quality of our squad depth in the summer, but we are heading in the right direction on and off the pitch. 

Too many on here act like spoilt little brats, when we can’t keep up significant over achievement, rather than look on things for what they are and appreciate the progress made. 

Maybe we are a little bit weak mentally. So..? That seems natural with a young, developing team. 

However it finishes, this will be a season of some great football, great memories and real progress. 

If you can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen..! Although I’m fully aware that most of the worst culprits on here probably very rarely actually venture to watch & support us! 

CTID!

Great post. I was one of Johnson’s biggest critics last season. But this season he has given the team identity and I can see what he is trying to do and I’m right behind it. Mistakes have been made since Xmas but he has shown he can learn from them so maybe next season we can come again.

21 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Maybe we are a little bit weak mentally. So..? That seems natural with a young, developing team. 

The average age of our side is 26.7 years [not my number but shown to me by someone at the weekend] so let's dispel this young team myth

7 minutes ago, headhunter said:

The average age of our side is 26.7 years [not my number but shown to me by someone at the weekend] so let's dispel this young team myth

Fair. 26.5 tonight. 

I don’t know how that compares to others, but I agree, it’s not a team of kids, although still fairly youthfull I should think. 

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Are you sure about that..?

I make it 15th over the last 10 games. 

Yes, very very sure. 2 wins, 3 draws, 6 defeats since the Wolves game. Replicated over a season, thats definitely relegation form, no? People have a right to feel let down and frustrated after all the promise shown.

4 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Yes, very very sure. 2 wins, 3 draws, 6 defeats since the Wolves game. Replicated over a season, thats definitely relegation form, no? People have a right to feel let down and frustrated after all the promise shown.

You did say since turn of the year. Last 10 fixtures form guide = below. 

Its not relegation form if 9 teams have done worse. 

5B2715FE-E7B6-4D93-8974-AF412FCD7301.png

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

The absolute kip of that. 

29% battery. Kinell you monster.

10 games & looking very doubtful doing anything spectacular than beating Manchester United. I would change it right up & see if players are ready for the championship if not let go. Least next season we can be better prepared for injuries, suspensions. 

6 minutes ago, roddy-d said:

10 games & looking very doubtful doing anything spectacular than beating Manchester United. I would change it right up & see if players are ready for the championship if not let go. Least next season we can be better prepared for injuries, suspensions. 

I know what you are saying, but if we’d done that 1 year ago, we’d probably have binned Bobby Reid & Joe Bryan..! 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Look, my point is, 2 wins, 3 draws and 5 losses replicated over a 46 game season would get you approximately 42 points which is certain relegation. Hence, broadly speaking I would describe our form of 2018 as "relegation form". I see what you are trying to show with the form table there, but I stand by my point.

2 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Look, my point is, 2 wins, 3 draws and 5 losses replicated over a 46 game season would get you approximately 42 points which is certain relegation. Hence, broadly speaking I would describe our form of 2018 as "relegation form". I see what you are trying to show with the form table there, but I stand by my point.

You are correct, if you are going to take a snapshot of the worst part of our season, but not apply the same formula to all the teams that have done worse than us during that period, yes..!

I know the club has had some good times this season and compared to expectations at the beginning of the season the team has over achieved.

However, when you have seen how well the team are capable of playing it's incredibly frustrating to spend your time and money going to games and the team doesn't show up. 

We outplayed man united and played fantastically against the best team in the world right now. But then compare that to tonight where all the team seemed to be able to do was misplace passes and run backwards .. got to understand frustration. Just a shame to see us wasting the great opportunity we made for ourselves at the beginning of the season by playing below the standard we know we can 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

You are correct, if you are going to take a snapshot of the worst part of our season, but not apply the same formula to all the teams that have done worse than us during that period, yes..!

Look, we are going round in circles here a bit aren't we? 9 points from 10 games is relegation form. There really are no two ways about it. 

I am taking a snapshot of the worst part of our season, because we happen to be right in the middle of it, hence it currently applies.

I think we can both agree that recent form has been awful, but overall we should be satisfied with the progress made this season and the direction the club is heading in.

You are right that this place is dire after losses but I can’t do this whole we are in the playoffs, great cup run and now 1 point off playoffs thing anymore. It just isn’t good enough. What has happened? We have had plenty of time to rest now. The easier fixtures are here. How does LJ keep having the atrocious runs season after season? 

No. We have had a stellar season on the whole but at the moment it feels like when we played Derby County last season. We were out of sorts but somehow go in 3-0 at HT at Derby. Then low and behold it somehow finish 3-3. That is our season at the moment. Going up 3-0 at the halfway point and somehow letting all of that good work slip. Acceptable is 3-1 or 3-2(falling out of top 2 or sitting 4-5 points above 7th). We haven’t done that though. We must have had a 9-10 point cushion in the playoffs and in playoff form that should have been just about enough to see us in playoffs. As it is we have reverted to last seasons form and fallen out. 

The players aren’t bad and LJ isn’t bad but this run just isn’t good enough. It is ok for people to be upset with that and critical with some performances. Why has Magnússon continued to play when he has shown that he is usually going to make a big mistake? Why is LJ now taking 70-75 minutes to make subs? Why are we now a red card waiting to happen? Where has Paterson’s form gone? We have lacked some serious composure these last few months and that is the disappointment. After the cup showing and many professional performances in the league, how have we hit this low? This isn’t ok and they need to have a serious team meeting and iron out some issues. 

22 minutes ago, roddy-d said:

The other annoying thing is Preston can't afford one Bristol City player. But seem stronger & better than us.

They have to play players they buy. It is amazing what can happen when you thrust a player into a situation and give them some time to react. We buy players for big money and shelter them. It is frustrating some times. Like buying a winger for 1.5m in the summer. Playing him a handful of times then sign a winger on loan who from what I have seen isn’t better because, imo, he feels he needs to add end product to his game so make selfish decisions. 

Honestly, these young players need to play. We bought Walsh from Everton and he makes some sub appearances. Preston buy Pearson from Man U and play him. Now one of the best CM in the league. We have to spend 2-3m on players from abroad. They are comfortable paying 2-300k on a L2 player or a player from the Irish League. Look, I don’t want to be overly critical of City and their transfers because we do some good business. I just get the feeling we are always trying to be way too clever when sometimes there is a simpler answer closer to home. 

14 points from 14 games - since we beat Man U. That's nailed on flirting with relegation form, when taken over 46 games. 

Just to clarify - I wouldn't swap that wonderful night at Ashton Gate for anything. However....

I can take losing away at Preston. It would just be wired if we won there anyway, right :facepalm:. 2 sloppy goals and poor build up play for the most part, but this happens from time to time. 

Yet with such a phrase - herein lies the problem; 

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round. The wheels on the bus go round and round, until they spectacularly fall off and the bus crashes and starts to burn and all the passengers are left scratching their heads struggling to find an explanation for what they have just experienced.

We've done it - AGAIN. I know, I know, we were 'overachieving' until the Wolves game. But were we, really?? We are clearly capable but again an LJ team suffers from sprinters applaud followed swiftly by runners cramp. 

For what it's worth, as other sides have been SO inconsistent we are still well in with top 6. But the wheels on the bus need fixing sharpish. It's not "spineless", "gutless" nor "pathetic" to point out the above, it's reality. I don't expect us to win the league, and it's about where you finish on game 46 not game 23. But we have been shockingly poor for a good couple of months now. 

We can still get top 6, especially with the run of fixtures over next 6 games. 

Next 3, win 3.

Next 3 after that, win at least 2.

We can do it. ALWAYS BELIEVE.

6 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

They have to play players they buy. It is amazing what can happen when you thrust a player into a situation and give them some time to react. We buy players for big money and shelter them. It is frustrating some times. Like buying a winger for 1.5m in the summer. Playing him a handful of times then sign a winger on loan who from what I have seen isn’t better because, imo, he feels he needs to add end product to his game so make selfish decisions. 

Honestly, these young players need to play. We bought Walsh from Everton and he makes some sub appearances. Preston buy Pearson from Man U and play him. Now one of the best CM in the league. We have to spend 2-3m on players from abroad. They are comfortable paying 2-300k on a L2 player or a player from the Irish League. Look, I don’t want to be overly critical of City and their transfers because we do some good business. I just get the feeling we are always trying to be way too clever when sometimes there is a simpler answer closer to home. 

Yeah, feel that Kent might’ve been a mistake. 

We have a sort of obligation to pay him given the penalties but he doesn’t really suit us stylistically. I’d rather give Eliasson the game time.

17 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah, feel that Kent might’ve been a mistake. 

We have a sort of obligation to pay him given the penalties but he doesn’t really suit us stylistically. I’d rather give Eliasson the game time.

Kent is young and makes mistakes.  Largely these are in advanced areas of the pitch - trying to beat one too many or poor final ball - which can leave us exposed.  What he has over Eliasson IMHO is better defensive awareness and strength in possession.

Both will learn and improve but I can see why LJ trusts Kent right now over Eliasson given where they both are.  What I am convinced of is that the coaching staff are highlighting areas Eliasson needs to work on, and he strikes me as the kind of character that will accept this and improve.  Credit to coaches and players if true.

O'Dowda has both Kent's ability to dribble and gain yards, can keep the ball better, now makes better decisions and is approaching the quality of delivery that Eliasson has.  Big miss.

Archived