IGNORED

Losing is better

AppyDAZE

18 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

One Team in Fulham is factually inaccurate too. Stamford Bridge is right next door to Fulham Broadway...

Much like “One Team In Bristol” is inaccurate. 

Will nobody pay due aknowledgement to Manor Farm..?!

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Much like “One Team In Bristol” is inaccurate. 

Will nobody pay due aknowledgement to Manor Farm..?!

Actually I forgot Cribbs as well, even though we have players out on loan there. Google tells me the superbly named "Bristol Telephones FC" exist too.

Maybe we should change the website name to Four teams in football to include Manor Farm, Telephones and Cribbs...

Fulham is an interesting one, and can be used to show how the mentality of a lot of fans and people within football is heavily skewed by present form, rather than longer-term objectives.

Take ourselves and Fulham. Fulham's aim this season was promotion (infact their chairman actually promised the fans the title - but I'll take promotion as the aim). I don't think we ever came out as a club and stated our ambition openly, but the majority would agree our aim was to progress from last season and aim for somewhere in the top half of the league.

Fulham are undeniably in fantastic form right now and gaining lots of plaudits from pundits etc. Their fans are happy. We, on the other hand, are obviously not reaching the heights we did earlier in the season right now, and are 'out-of-form' Bristol City, depending on which media outlets you look at. There's been a bit of a meltdown from some (not all) on here.

There are obviously games left to play - but who's more likely to achieve their season's objective?

Food for thought anyway.

Archived