IGNORED

Under 23 game today

Super

A few back playing at last

Team news: U23s to face Charlton Athletic... Wollacott, Hegeler, Smith, Baldwin, Richards, Bakinson, Holden, Nurse, Djuric, Woodrow, Engvall. Subs: Sesay, Edwards, Morton, Akpobire, Semenyo

19 minutes ago, Super said:

15 GOAl - Woodrow picks the ball up to the left of goal and unleashed an unstoppable shot beyond Beeney. What a hit! 1-0

Jesus, just as I was reading that, a pig flew over my head and shat gold bullion bars that just missed my shoulder..! 

• Admin
52 minutes ago, Super said:

15 GOAl - Woodrow picks the ball up to the left of goal and unleashed an unstoppable shot beyond Beeney. What a hit! 1-0

Guess we could all score a "worldie" up the park, but put us on a pitch with professionals and infront of 20k it is not as easy

3 hours ago, phantom said:

No O'Neil?

I guess maybe him and Pisano have enough in the tank to play 70/75 at Burton so were not needed today?

No one involved last night was in today’s squad.

Think you can only play 3 over age players in this competition anyway, so Hegeler, Djuric & Woodrow all got a game.

6 hours ago, Super said:

A few back playing at last

Team news: U23s to face Charlton Athletic... Wollacott, Hegeler, Smith, Baldwin, Richards, Bakinson, Holden, Nurse, Djuric, Woodrow, Engvall. Subs: Sesay, Edwards, Morton, Akpobire, Semenyo

Where's Freddie Hinds vanished to? 

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

This the culprit ? 

IMG_0162.JPG

Jeez, Thunderbirds hasn’t aged well.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

No one involved last night was in today’s squad.

Think you can only play 3 over age players in this competition anyway, so Hegeler, Djuric & Woodrow all got a game.

Woodrow is u23....or was u23 at start of season.

Back four on Saturday, assuming Baker unfit.

Pisano, Wright, Magnússon, Kelly?

44 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Jeez, Thunderbirds hasn’t aged well.

Woodrow is u23....or was u23 at start of season.

That back four is frightening and we’ll be up against a striker who always scores against us

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

My hunch would be they will go with Baker even if he is not 100% with both Flint & Bryan out.

Not a great selection to choose from when you consider Pisano has only played once since October, Kelly has made one league start ever, Wright was not fit to face Sheff Wed and Baker is currently out.

For what it is worth I’d start with Kelly even if Baker is fit, he looks a real talent & will definitely benefit from starts.

It is Burton, not Preston or Cardiff for goodness sake, let’s give him a go.

13 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Hugely frightening thought.

Jens is in no way suited to playing in this league and I am afraid he has been a complete waste of money

The last game I saw him play was at home to Leeds when we lost 3-0. He played at CB that day, and he was awful. 

Remember when he was so slow to react, that all he could do was rugby tackle their player to the ground?! That was my biggest face palm moment watching a City player this season. 

Any word on Djuric? Was he subbed because he was feeling something or was it because they only wanted him playing half hour or so to ease him back in gradually?

I'm hoping gradually, but surely it would be better in gradually extending his time on the pitch from the bench would it not?

3 hours ago, Kingswoodactor said:

The last game I saw him play was at home to Leeds when we lost 3-0. He played at CB that day, and he was awful. 

Remember when he was so slow to react, that all he could do was rugby tackle their player to the ground?! That was my biggest face palm moment watching a City player this season. 

Wasn't he injured ? 

I thought that was why he fouled the guy as he couldn't keep up .

In any case he, like our other seniors , hasn't had enough game time to get up to the required level .

He may come good .

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Wasn't he injured ? 

In any case he, like our other seniors , hasn't had enough game time to get up to the required level .

He may come good .

He may come good, but the only place I see him slotting in, is as a DMF. 

8 hours ago, Kingswoodactor said:

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Wasn't he injured ? 

He may come good .

Yes, it was the stretch a few seconds before he dragged the player down that caused his long term injury....so perhaps your face palm was a little unjustified.  

Jens started the season reasonably well.  He’s not Flint, nor Baker, so people ignore what he brought to the team.  Of course he has his weaknesses too.

Archived