IGNORED

Fulham's form

Red7

Apologies if this has been mentioned on another thread before, but Fulham's list of scalps on their recent good run makes pretty impressive reading.
Since their last league defeat, they have beaten Wolves, C*rdiff, Villa, Derby, Boro, Sheff Utd, and Ipswich among others as well as drawing with us at the Gate.

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, I thought it was like watching Man City against us when we played them at home on a Wednesday recently.

I feared the worst after the first 15 or 20 minutes that night. Some of the best football I have seen at the gate. To be fair to us, we did exceptionally well against them. But "battered them" is definitely stretching it a bit :)

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I thought Fulham were very good.

No way did we batter them... We played pretty well, good competitive display with some decent football...no real indicators over the 90 however, point to us having been likely winners, let alone the idea that we battered them.

Spot on, but people on here said we ‘battered’ Fulham that night and were ‘incredibly unlucky to just draw’ ....madness! Didn’t we just have one shot on target?!

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Spot on, but people on here said we ‘battered’ Fulham that night and were ‘incredibly unlucky to just draw’ ....madness! Didn’t we just have one shot on target?!

Imho we shaded the game on points (boxing analogy), but draw was pretty fair result.

32 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, I thought it was like watching Man City against us when we played them at home on a Wednesday recently. I thought they were a fantastic footballing side, beautiful crisp passing and great technical skill...yet some on here said we ‘battered’ them that night, I didn’t think so...

Yet at Craven Cottage they were like relegation fodder 

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Correct.

I think a draw was hard fought, fair- and a great result in the context of their run though.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I thought that 1-1 draw was a great result and a very good performance. I don't know why we haven't set up like that again when taking on top sides like Cardiff and Preston. I said so before both games that we should play the way we did against fulham. Wednesday game was right to go with our usual 442, as they are much weaker opposition. But against the stronger sides, we need an extra body in midfield. Fulham were as outstanding as they have been that night, yet we deserved a draw and nearly won it late on. That's much better than the best teams in the league have performed against them.

Agreed.

I still like the idea of Paterson behind Reid, but the result and display vs the form side in the League- who have really outplayed some other top sides in that run- spoke for itself. So to did the setup.

Fulham's record in full?

P14W11D3LOF35A10

4 hours ago, swanker said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if they go up, they’ve hit form at the right time. Also been impressed with Millwall, they seem to be giving most teams a hard game and haven’t lost many lately. 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Yeah , I thought they'd go straight back down .

Well done to them .

It's amazing what you can do in this league, with a lot less than most other clubs. Millwall finished 6th in L1 last season, losing 13 times. They average 12k at home. And they don't have parachute payments, and they have never won the European Cup. And they're not Leeds Utd, so they cannot compete with Leeds Utd. Apparently. The league table must be lying.

As things stand, we are one win and two draws better than Millwall this season. Not a lot, really. Millwall are on course to win more points and achieve a higher finish than we managed in the last two seasons. And lots of people on here last season were surprised/appalled that lots of other people on here were surprised/appalled at our surprising/appalling position in the championship. 

4 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

It's amazing what you can do in this league, with a lot less than most other clubs. Millwall finished 6th in L1 last season, losing 13 times. They average 12k at home. And they don't have parachute payments, and they have never won the European Cup. And they're not Leeds Utd, so they cannot compete with Leeds Utd. Apparently. The league table must be lying.

As things stand, we are one win and two draws better than Millwall this season. Not a lot, really. Millwall are on course to win more points and achieve a higher finish than we managed in the last two seasons. And lots of people on here last season were surprised/appalled that lots of other people on here were surprised/appalled at our surprising/appalling position in the championship. 

The way things are going Millwall will finish above us for sure. They remind me of the Wimbledon under Bassett. No big names, are willing to roll their sleeves up and seem to have a lot of self belief. 

Archived