IGNORED

Ambulant S/T

Redmycolour

5 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

Anyone know why the above tkt has been abolished, I sit in S/S I'm told by ticket office my tkt has increased by £60 to £345.(Adult).

The response last night was there are still concessions for the disabled, as long as you're the right age.

It was delivered with stunning contempt. 

4 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

What is the right age?

The same ages as everyone else. They seemed to think it was an adequate answer. The room did not. 

Basically their attitude was 'why should you pay less than everyone else'. They came to this conclusion without asking any fans and provided no warning of a rise so people can save a bit more. 

It was my lowlight from last night. There was one gentleman who gave a very passionate speech on the issue and resigned from his position (chairman of BCFC disabled fans or something like that). I fear it fell on deaf ears. 

12 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

The same ages as everyone else. They seemed to think it was an adequate answer. The room did not. 

Basically their attitude was 'why should you pay less than everyone else'. They came to this conclusion without asking any fans and provided no warning of a rise so people can save a bit more. 

It was my lowlight from last night. There was one gentleman who gave a very passionate speech on the issue and resigned from his position (chairman of BCFC disabled fans or something like that). I fear it fell on deaf ears. 

So why won't the tkt office recognise this, there asking for adult tkt price,I told them it comes under concessions they said NO,

13 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Could it be that the club has to provide facilities, toilets, handrails, legroom easy access etc but not necessarily provide discounted tickets? As long as they make provision they can charge what they like, and they have?

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

ould it be that the club has to provide facilities, toilets, handrails, legroom easy access etc but not necessarily provide discounted tickets? As long as they make provision they can charge what they like, and they have?

Yes.

Access in new buildings is underpinned by law. There are concessionary services and prices underpinned by law - Bus passes.

Admission to football grounds is not. 

As an adult wheelchair user in the Dolman Stand, I am now charged the same price as any adult who sits in the Dolman Wings. I also receive a free ticket for my carer. Whereas last year I had a Concession price ticket and a free carer ticket.

In my opinion, as the level of wheelchair facilities have increased significantly, that the new pricing system is fair, and in line with many other organisations.

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Very sad. I fear we are dealing with people without a shred of decency. 

I recently lost my rag with the Cotswold Wildlife park. They only offer concessions for the disabled if they arrive in big groups (like a dozen or more), not as individuals. 

The inference being that disabled people travel around in groups on days out. It's bloody prehistoric. 

They weren't having any of it. 

1 hour ago, Dave said:

As an adult wheelchair user in the Dolman Stand, I am now charged the same price as any adult who sits in the Dolman Wings. I also receive a free ticket for my carer. Whereas last year I had a Concession price ticket and a free carer ticket.

In my opinion, as the level of wheelchair facilities have increased significantly, that the new pricing system is fair, and in line with many other organisations.

I work for a learning disabilities organisation. I can hand on heart state that the pricing system is NOT in line with countless organisations and services in direct one to contact with those with disabilities.

The pricing system cannot be in line with norms because it does reflect the payments many disabled people receive - DLA/PIP. The people we (the organisation) support and the service they receive directly reflects individuals disability allowances. Any price rise we put in place has to be judged against (very small %)falls, or rises in benefits which obviously is a fair and principled system. Bristol Sport have not done this.  

10 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I work for a learning disabilities organisation. I can hand on heart state that the pricing system is NOT in line with countless organisations and services in direct one to contact with those with disabilities.

The pricing system cannot be in line with norms because it does reflect the payments many disabled people receive - DLA/PIP. The people we (the organisation) support and the service they receive directly reflects individuals disability allowances. Any price rise we put in place has to be judged against (very small %)falls, or rises in benefits which obviously is a fair and principled system. Bristol Sport have not done this.  

This. 

And I bet the club didn't even look to see what "in line" actually means in terms of disability pricing. 

Its a throw-away cheap comment. 

13 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I take your point.

However, in my experience two for the price of one (as carer free) is par for the course.

As an example, at London 2012, this was exactly the pricing model used.

1 hour ago, Dave said:

I have no experience of the facilities for disabled supporters, but looking around the stadium I get the impression that a lot of the areas for wheelchair users are still exposed to the elements, is that the case?

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

I have no experience of the facilities for disabled supporters, but looking around the stadium I get the impression that a lot of the areas for wheelchair users are still exposed to the elements, is that the case?

Most are, yes. Some in the Lansdown higher up and dry. 

Its normally deemed to expensive to put disabled bays higher up. 

Obviously it wasn't going to happen to the Dolman refit. 

The South Stand I think was originally earmarked for bays higher up but I think it was shelved for cost or space reasons. 

2 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

That's absolutely disgraceful. 

2 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Why should they pay less? If that needs explaining we really are dealing with machines. 

Let's ask the question for children, students and oaps. One assumes they have an explanation for that as it is cheaper already. 

Its about ability to pay. 

The tories have a similar view on the disabled. I think I'm seeing a link. 

They don’t want young people, old people or people with disabilities as your bum on the seat is worth less financially than their preferred ‘customer’, an adult who eats and drinks at the ground, someone who can be upsold a Heineken or other ‘matchday experience’  package. 

Obviously the club cannot say they don’t want these groups as they may fall foul of the discrimination rules so they do the next best thing and make it awkwardly financially. Unfortunately football is a treat, a hobby not an essential service so they are not obliged to offer discounts or such like. 

Im being flippant here but a child, oap, person with disability pay the same as an adult for their shopping at Tesco so that’s how the club see themselves as a whole. I’m sure we are working towards the time when being a pensioner etc will only see maybe a £20 reduction across the board from an adult ticket. 

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Most are, yes. Some in the Lansdown higher up and dry. 

Its normally deemed to expensive to put disabled bays higher up. 

Obviously it wasn't going to happen to the Dolman refit. 

The South Stand I think was originally earmarked for bays higher up but I think it was shelved for cost or space reasons. 

I have got wet a few times this season along with all fans in the Lower Dolman Stand.

My point is that I feel as an adult it is correct that I am charged an adult price ( with free carer ticket). 

However, there should be some consideration given to all factors, such as potential to get wet, the sound quality in the Dolman has been rubbish etc.... and I wrote to Matt Parsons about these matters. 

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

I have got wet a few times this season along with all fans in the Lower Dolman Stand.

My point is that I feel as an adult it is correct that I am charged an adult price ( with free carer ticket). 

However, there should be some consideration given to all factors, such as potential to get wet, the sound quality in the Dolman has been rubbish etc.... and I wrote to Matt Parsons about these matters. 

Also, some disabled don't require a carer. If you live alone and walk with difficulty or use a chair and attend matches on your own I believe this should be recognised. 

3 minutes ago, Dave said:

But given you can't just move a few rows back if it's raining and there were empty seats, your match day experience isn't the same as most others.

To my mind your ticket price should reflect this.

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

I take your point.

However, in my experience two for the price of one (as carer free) is par for the course.

As an example, at London 2012, this was exactly the pricing model used.

With respect London 2012 is not a parallel. It was a one off.

A carer being free is normal. For Bristol City or Bath City. That is par.

The price increase does not reflect increases/decreases in benefits. That is the norm. That is the par for any principled organisation and their concessionary pricing which Bristol Sport have decided to ignore.  

Ambulant Disabled tickets in the lower Lansdown have risen from £359 to £499 and that is for a standard seat.

Many disabled supporters have deliberately chosen seats on end of rows, as not to disrupt able-bodied supporters when arriving and leaving. The people around them are quite tolerant and many friendships have been made.

My guess is, quite a few disabled supporters would rather stay at home than (A) pay the extra £140 or (B) move elsewhere.

37 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

With respect London 2012 is not a parallel. It was a one off.

A carer being free is normal. For Bristol City or Bath City. That is par.

The price increase does not reflect increases/decreases in benefits. That is the norm. That is the par for any principled organisation and their concessionary pricing which Bristol Sport have decided to ignore.  

In my experience London 2012 was not a one off. 

Our own game against Manchester United used this pricing system for wheelchair/ambulant tickets.

I accept it is not all, but this is not a step the Club has taken in isolation.

I am not defending the change in policy, it has cost me money, but I can see the logic.

Archived