IGNORED

FFP...Wolves in breach??

Mr Popodopolous

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

£23.2m loss 2015-16.

£5.8m profit the year before (though BBC said the proft was more like £7.5m, but lots of others say £5.8m so let's go with the more commonly cited figure).

Which means that if they lose in excess of £21.6m this year...they go over the limit??

Points deductions possible or?

no because they will be in the prem and not subject tot he rules. Only if they come back down will they face punishment, and with 100m in the bank and parachute payments I doubt they will be to upset anyway.

3 minutes ago, Fiale said:

no because they will be in the prem and not subject tot he rules. Only if they come back down will they face punishment, and with 100m in the bank and parachute payments I doubt they will be to upset anyway.

Is it not possible it could depend on what they lose this season though too?

Of course, they've had a lower net spend on transfers this season and attendances up by 1/3 so they may not lose £21.6m this season, it's not impossible that. Or is it a case that if they go up, the FFP is no issue for them?

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

Be just like happened to QPR . . . . . .Nothing

You're probably right unfortunately.

I decided to google Brighton's losses for last season- because why not. £38.9m?? But they made a profit the year before yeah? No...£25.8m.

So if they weren't clobbered for it, Wolves with lesser losses over a 2-3 year period surely won't be.

Even though it's wrong and we all know it's wrong, it makes me wonder what the point of running a fairly tight ship is in some ways.

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

Be just like happened to QPR . . . . . .Nothing

Just about to mention QPR - Proof that the system doesn't work and that it just makes it harder for the smaller clubs (Hartlepool as a more recent example) to exist and stay in business.

The whole system is (much like our nearest neighbours) a joke. 

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

Didn't B'muff breach the FFP regulations as well?

Massively. These clubs were taking a financial risk for promotion to the Prem. Saints did this once in the championship in 06/07, lost a penalty shootout to Derby on the play offs, lost too much money, had 2 further shite seasons and then got relegated to league 1.

5 hours ago, Taz said:

Just about to mention QPR - Proof that the system doesn't work and that it just makes it harder for the smaller clubs (Hartlepool as a more recent example) to exist and stay in business.

The whole system is (much like our nearest neighbours) a joke. 

QPR lost their battle at the back end of last year and have to pay the fine

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/10/24/qpr-ordered-pay-world-record-40million-ffp-fine-losing-three/amp/

"It was agreed that the EFL Executive will meet with the management of the Club to reiterate the requirements of our regulations and those of the FA and will report back to the Board in due course.

"It should be noted that the club was explicitly informed in July 2016 of all the requirements it was expected to meet. The club has confirmed that the undertakings given at the time remain in place and are being complied with."

the one thing that is certain (he said soberly) is that No one can permanently owe vast sums of money to anyone with no consequence.

The rock certainty is that some clubs will financially implode. Massive transfer fees and wages well beyond the comprehension of the rest of the population will only result in a mass..."I refuse to continue to put myself in hardship to subsidise your Super Luxury lifestyle" and the inevitable fallout will happen sooner rather than later.

Football these days is not the sport I grew up to love... some of it for the better, some of it for the worse.

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I decided to google Brighton's losses for last season- because why not. £38.9m?? But they made a profit the year before yeah? No...£25.8m.

So if they weren't clobbered for it, Wolves with lesser losses over a 2-3 year period surely won't be.

Even though it's wrong and we all know it's wrong, it makes me wonder what the point of running a fairly tight ship is in some ways.

1 hour ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

Tbh it’s toys out the pram stuff really from a few sour grapes, Wolves want to buy promotion fair play to them (no pun intended)

i know City not spent the same but still the club spent over 30 million on “future” players so what the difference? Quality?

The thing is with Wolves a lot of clubs think they are not paying the wages and fees that the calibre of players they signed would expect in the current market and suspect they are doing something to game the system.

7 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

As mentioned before, because Brighton are in the Premier League at the moment, the Football League has no jurisdiction and will not be able to punish Brighton (should they choose to do so) until they drop back down. Same will apply to Wolves if they are deemed to have broken FPP.

Although QPR have to pay the fine I won't hold my breath waiting.

Regarding Wolves, there's a lot of question marks.

I know the West Midlands is a fantastic place to live (much like watford), its very warm and sunny and of course, the chance of pulling on the famous old gold shirt that is usually reserved for only the privileged few so I expect that would far out way playing Champions League top flight football in chilly Portugal or freezing Spain for more money.

12 hours ago, Fiale said:

the efl haven't yet grown one let alone a pair. please move along FA hapenend here 

• Admin

Didn't most of the players mentioned play for Wolves last season?

Nobody cared then as they were not top of the league...

The one that almost bugged me was at Watford, when their guy owned two other clubs then he "loaned" Watford all the higher quality players

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Wolves were taken over at a cost of £45m a year ago . This season they have spent just under 50% of the entire value of the club on players transfer fees let alone salaries ! That alone doesn't feel right ! 

Net spend?

2016/2017 they seemed to have a net spend that was rather high. This year? Not so much...

@phantom Some of them yes, some of them no...Ruddy, Bennett, Boly, Neves, Douglas, Jota, Bonatini (I'm not including fringe players or young for the future players, they all seem quite key to them IMO)- all joined them in the summer.

Mind you, Ruddy, Bennett and possibly Douglas aren't my idea of break the bank type signings...and as for Jota and Bonatini it's possible they are not paid as much in wages as people think owing to age etc. Boly is 27 so this may not apply to him, and given his record, his CL and international experience Neves is definitely a likely exception!

One thing for sure, compared to Villa's spending of last season- Wolves spent really quite cleverer tbh. Both spent a lot but Villa showed cash doesn't always equal success and dominance.

Archived