IGNORED

Preston's 1st goal

megansdad

Just watched it a few times and while clearly Hörður's clearance was poor Bryan, Paterson and Pack all failed to react quickly to either give options for a pass or in Pack's case to get in front of his man..............just a thought

Are we looking for anyone and everyone to blame now?

You win and lose as a team.

If there are individuals you believe make your team weaker as a unit for whatever reason, then you leave them out of the side, it's simple.

There's no need to come on and lambaste anyone we possibly can for a certain goal we conceded.

4 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Are we looking for anyone and everyone to blame now?

You win and lose as a team.

If there are individuals you believe make your team weaker as a unit for whatever reason, then you leave them out of the side, it's simple.

There's no need to come on and lambaste anyone we possibly can for a certain goal we conceded.

Sorry fella but I have to blame there PE teachers back in primary school 

You will know I’m not a fan of Bryan but you can’t put anything on him with this goal. 

The forward ball from Bryan’s man is going nowhere and is a hit and hope. Pack doesn’t track the runner because there is no need (Magnússon and Flint don’t have any opponents near them they don’t need midfield cover for a nothing through ball). 

Fielding is 25% at fault as he comes for a ball which it looks like he’s never going to get there. Magnússon is 75% at fault because whilst he correctly realise Fielding isn’t going to make it, he totally fluffs a simple clearance straight to the opponent, exposing his keeper whom he knows has rushed out. 

Bloody awful, basically. 

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep, thought the same when watching it back. For me the biggest mistake was Fielding coming off his line and leaving the open goal. Mags was then 2nd most guilty by doing a poor clearance. And then Pack should have made more effort to get back and cover that space where Browne was. I think Pack's biggest weakness is his defensive covering and closing down.

Pack has got absolutely nothing to do with this goal. Why should he run back with Browne when there is no actual danger. 

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Pack has got absolutely nothing to do with this goal. Why should he run back with Browne when there is no actual danger. 

There is no actual danger when a striker is chasing a through ball? Are you for real?

16 minutes ago, Benni said:

There is no actual danger when a striker is chasing a through ball? Are you for real?

15 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Because he was his man. He was with him for a bit and then let him go

There is no danger as Fielding & Magnússon both have no opponents anywhere near them when the ball is put through. Either should deal with it VERY easily. So no, there is no danger. The fact that 2 other players completely failed to do their very simple jobs is not the fault of another player 20 yards away. 

Can’t believe anyone can place any responsibility on either Bryan or Pack on this one. 

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

There is no danger as Fielding & Magnússon both have no opponents anywhere near them when the ball is put through. Either should deal with it VERY easily. So no, there is no danger. The fact that 2 other players completely failed to do their very simple jobs is not the fault of another player 20 yards away. 

Can’t believe anyone can place any responsibility on either Bryan or Pack on this one. 

The OP is 100% spot on. Movement without the ball is too often lacking.

41 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Any decent gk would have come for that.

Also lack of communication between the goalkeeper and Maggers.

Maggers is young enough to improve, Fielding???

How many points has Frankie saved us..? He made a work class save later in that same game. 

What’s world class about Mags, apart from his throw in’s & his hair..?! 

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Fielding and Maggs 50/50 split on fault for me.

Not for me! 

Clear the ball! As the bloke said above clear the ball its kids stuff. Row god damn z or up the field. Magnússon miss kicked again. I'll say that another time.  Miss kicked again. The bloke has at least two BAD errors in him EVERY GAME a comment that was made weeks ago. 

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Not for me! 

Clear the ball! As the bloke said above clear the ball its kids stuff. Row god damn z or up the field. Magnússon miss kicked again. I'll say that another time.  Miss kicked again. The bloke has at least two BAD errors in him EVERY GAME a comment that was made weeks ago. 

....but wtf was Frankie doing charging out in headless chicken mode, ffs!

6 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

....but wtf was Frankie doing charging out in headless chicken mode, ffs!

Because he knows Magnússon is semi competent and has no confidence in him. 

The fact is we keep conceding goals due to Magnússon I can think of five without even trying and you can too.  When you are a goal keeper and you can't keep a clean sheet because one of the players in front of you has two brain farts per game it takes its toll. FF has had Avery good season over all. Magnússon wouldn't be in the starting line up but for injuries. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

You will know I’m not a fan of Bryan but you can’t put anything on him with this goal. 

The forward ball from Bryan’s man is going nowhere and is a hit and hope. Pack doesn’t track the runner because there is no need (Magnússon and Flint don’t have any opponents near them they don’t need midfield cover for a nothing through ball). 

Fielding is 25% at fault as he comes for a ball which it looks like he’s never going to get there. Magnússon is 75% at fault because whilst he correctly realise Fielding isn’t going to make it, he totally fluffs a simple clearance straight to the opponent, exposing his keeper whom he knows has rushed out. 

Bloody awful, basically. 

I thought Bryan could have done better mate...he jumps into the challenge instead of shielding and protecting the ball from coming inside or forward...

As for Fielding and Magners. We don't know for sure whether Fielding has called 'keepers' whilst coming out.

If he did, Magners would have had to judge whether to clear or leave for Fielding.

We can see that Fielding had not a chance in hell to getting to that ball...he misjudged it, and the opponent would have got there before him.

Magners senses this, makes the right decision, but in a rush and makes a poor clearance.

I'd hold Fielding and Bryan to blame, more than Magners.

50 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

How many points has Frankie saved us..? He made a work class save later in that same game. 

What’s world class about Mags, apart from his throw in’s & his hair..?! 

That's enough for me . Christ I dream of world class hair .

Correction even crap hair would be nice .

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Come on...! 

He’s disastrous at defending, but his hair is beautiful..! 

When he was introduced to the supporters my first thought was ' he's too pretty to be a centre back' .

Into his second season and not a blemish . :disapointed2se:

Here's a photo of him taken at Lulsgate.

IMG_0206.JPG

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Yep, thought the same when watching it back. For me the biggest mistake was Fielding coming off his line and leaving the open goal. Mags was then 2nd most guilty by doing a poor clearance. And then Pack should have made more effort to get back and cover that space where Browne was. I think Pack's biggest weakness is his defensive covering and closing down.

Considering he's meant to be the best defensive midfielder at this club too :facepalm:

Kalifa Cisse he aint. 

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Because he knows Magnússon is semi competent and has no confidence in him. 

The fact is we keep conceding goals due to Magnússon I can think of five without even trying and you can too.  When you are a goal keeper and you can't keep a clean sheet because one of the players in front of you has two brain farts per game it takes its toll. FF has had Avery good season over all. Magnússon wouldn't be in the starting line up but for injuries. 

I'm not defending Maggers previous mistakes, I find it as frustrating as everyone else, but Frankie was never going to get that ball and Maggers made the right decision to play it. Unfortunately his execution of that decision was shite.

Maggers made a mistake obviously, and he's made more than one, there will come a time when his obvious potential will be questioned if he doesn't learn.  However the cries of 'just clear it', 'stick it in row z' etc. are classic hindsight and miss the point.  Obviously you can't say 'just clear it' only to the chances that would otherwise result in a goal, whose to know?  If that's you're argument then you're wanting him, and presumably every other defender, to simply hoof it clear on every occasion.  If we played like that there would be an outcry here and we, quite rightly, wouldn't get very far.  LJ said only last week if Maggers makes a mistake playing it out, it's on him as that's what he wants and it always comes at a risk.  From what I saw on Tuesday though he wasn't trying to play it out at all and was simply attempting a clearance anywhere, just what some of his fiercest critics were suggesting!  More composure required, not less. 

I clearly heard fielding call for a ball he was never going to get and seemed to surprise mags.

Yes should have been row z but fielding to blame imo!

2 hours ago, spudski said:

I thought Bryan could have done better mate...he jumps into the challenge instead of shielding and protecting the ball from coming inside or forward...

As for Fielding and Magners. We don't know for sure whether Fielding has called 'keepers' whilst coming out.

If he did, Magners would have had to judge whether to clear or leave for Fielding.

We can see that Fielding had not a chance in hell to getting to that ball...he misjudged it, and the opponent would have got there before him.

Magners senses this, makes the right decision, but in a rush and makes a poor clearance.

I'd hold Fielding and Bryan to blame, more than 

Archived