IGNORED

Would this keep everyone happy?

SydneyCity

Love it - but please put it in a roundel. A fancy shape is as bad as a generic coat of arms that could be anyone

17 hours ago, Furious Custard said:

Please stop asking to change the badge. I've been a supporter since 1999 and all my memrobelia has the current crest on it.  

Does anyone know why we are called the Robins ? 

What about us that came in the 80s? 

As for the Robins, I can only assume the red breasts / red shirt connection. I'm sure someone will know for sure

I should also point out that unless the club does something about pricing for our disabled, younger, older fans I will not purchase a single item with a new style badge on, robin or not robin

I've made an atttempt myself on a new badge, and wish I'd come with this. Very impressed, I really dig it, great job!

I'm part of the 1887 crowd for the earliest origin of the club. So if you're going to revise the est. date, may as well go all in and make it 1887.

12 hours ago, SydneyCity said:

Glad you like it!

I did try incorporating Ashton Gate, but the new non-symmetrical stand wasn't working for me at the time. Everything else was balanced along the centre vertical line and the pointy top left bit of the stadium (sorry I've been overseas for the last 15 years and don't know its official name) was throwing everything else out. Trying to incorporate it did lead to me turning it upside down, which inspired the design of the crown with the eight marks.

I didn't try footballs so I'll try out a few options over the weekend. In keeping with the robin badge, I'll aim for the black and white panel style of ball instead of the older strip panels that feature in a lot of other badges.

Thanks for the feedback.

Perhaps put the 1897 into the ships hull, and instead of the mast, the ship could be flying a St George Cross with ‘Bristol City FC’ written across the flag. 

OK, (almost) everyone's feedback has been addressed...

• More subtle, less cluttered wording.
  • A more effective outer crest/shield/shape.
  • A football(s).
  • A proper looking bridge.

I managed to squeeze in another City fan / OTIB reference with the football. It's very heavily influenced (copied) from the Willem ii badge of the 70s.

There was also a late call for a roundel and the St George flag to be included. The roundel kept looking a bit Charlton and as far as I'm aware this side of Bristol has never had a round badge - for these reasons I canned it.

As it stands, there are three versions:

• Simple.
  • Shield.
  • Shield with flag.

BristolCityBadge_Simple.png

BristolCityBadge_Shield.png

BristolCityBadge_ShieldFlag.png

I think this is great challenge and you’ve created something quite unique to Bristol, but as with most cases in branding; design by committee (especially a vocal lot like us) rarely works. What results is a piece that tries to do a great many things but does few of them greatly.

If I’d offer any feedback it’s be to simplify it a little. Focus on the real key elements and play to them. I for instance love the robin and the bridge.

Id sort the kerning between the ‘T’ & ‘O’ and whilst I like Gill sans as a font I can never get over what Eric Gill did with his dog and his daughters.

kudos to you for trying this out, there aren’t many tougher briefs out there but you’ve certainly done a better job than Leeds.

13 hours ago, SydneyCity said:

OK, (almost) everyone's feedback has been addressed...

• More subtle, less cluttered wording.
  • A more effective outer crest/shield/shape.
  • A football(s).
  • A proper looking bridge.

I managed to squeeze in another City fan / OTIB reference with the football. It's very heavily influenced (copied) from the Willem ii badge of the 70s.

There was also a late call for a roundel and the St George flag to be included. The roundel kept looking a bit Charlton and as far as I'm aware this side of Bristol has never had a round badge - for these reasons I canned it.

As it stands, there are three versions:

• Simple.
  • Shield.
  • Shield with flag.

BristolCityBadge_Simple.png

BristolCityBadge_Shield.png

BristolCityBadge_ShieldFlag.png

Love it. Especially the second one. Should send it to the club.

Archived