IGNORED

Match day income from sources other than tickets

BigAl&Toby

Anyone know what the contribution is from non-ticket revenue on a match day?

Is it broken down in annual accounts?

I’d love to know.

What would the impact be if we all just bought our tickets and chose Clark’s Pies or sandwiches rather than those pies?

Or chocolate from Sainsbury’s or B&M rather than over-priced Yorkies?

Or Thatchers in 2l Fanta bottles rather than from the concourse?

Earlier this season Mark whatshischops under interview from 20pencesaid matchday revenues had jumped from just £300k per year to £3m. He said that was only around 60% of their perceived capacity so still more potential to increase that further. 

More proof that SL has got it very, very right with the new ground and the potential revenues are now being seen. 

14 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Anyone know what the contribution is from non-ticket revenue on a match day?

Is it broken down in annual accounts?

I’d love to know.

What would the impact be if we all just bought our tickets and chose Clark’s Pies or sandwiches rather than those pies?

Or chocolate from Sainsbury’s or B&M rather than over-priced Yorkies?

Or Thatchers in 2l Fanta bottles rather than from the concourse?

I have never been able to understand why anybody would want to drink weak tasteless Danish lager inside a freezing cold concrete concourse at £4.50 a pint as opposed to a pint of tasty English real ale at a proper pub with a convivial atmosphere at £3.80 a pint.

Maybe I'm just fussy but I really do draw the line at £1.50 for a Yorkie when I can stock up with a special pack of 4 Ripples at my Co-Op for a quid.

Why would anyone consume food or beverages at a football ground given those comparisons?

13 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Earlier this season Mark whatshischops under interview from 20pencesaid matchday revenues had jumped from just £300k per year to £3m. He said that was only around 60% of their perceived capacity so still more potential to increase that further. 

More proof that SL has got it very, very right with the new ground and the potential revenues are now being seen. 

Add to matchday revenues the huge sums from conferences, weddings, trade fairs etc and AG will be raking in a very tidy sum pretty much every single day. Once the Basketball and Hotel etc are on-site too it will be an absolute monster. 

Lots of answers from a regular consumer. 

Consequences of the OP is the club has less revenue and buys less good players with (possible) less success on the field

Beer at the concourse (with a ST Plus card) is comparable but most decent boozers in town; more than some and lower cost than others.

I'm sure most people on this forum want to succeed and one of many ways of helping this happen is to buy match tickets, buy STs and buy merchandise/consumables from BCFC rather than Weatherspoons or other national / international companies

3 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Consequences of the OP is the club has less revenue and buys less good players with (possible) less success on the field

Beer at the concourse (with a ST Plus card) is comparable but most decent boozers in town; more than some and lower cost than others.

I'm sure most people on this forum want to succeed and one of many ways of helping this happen is to buy match tickets, buy STs and buy merchandise/consumables from BCFC rather than Weatherspoons or other national / international companies

I think on the contrary the evidence is that many persons definition of "succeed" is not on pitch success but off field match day experience.

6 hours ago, NickJ said:

I have never been able to understand why anybody would want to drink weak tasteless Danish lager inside a freezing cold concrete concourse at £4.50 a pint as opposed to a pint of tasty English real ale at a proper pub with a convivial atmosphere at £3.80 a pint.

Maybe I'm just fussy but I really do draw the line at £1.50 for a Yorkie when I can stock up with a special pack of 4 Ripples at my Co-Op for a quid.

Why would anyone consume food or beverages at a football ground given those comparisons?

Convenience I think. The food selection is fairly good for a football ground and quality is better than what it was. Alcohol is fairly decent value with a season card discount.

I ate and drank there many times but won’t be doing that anymore.

Anyone notice they have stuck 20 p on a pint in the wedlock’s bar on all the cider or have I just not noticed That they did it a while ago. But yes look round at people eating and drinking pre match and it must have risen 10/15 fold since the east end days

The match day income will only suffer if there isn’t a new scheme as good as the percentage off pints ST Plus holders get currently. We all leave the bar about 2.15 to have one inside the ground before kick off but now we’ll just stay and pay pub prices. 

8 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Absolute bollocks.

Do you really believe that every lamb pie that’s sold chips in to the pot when it comes to wages or signings?

This is big money business not your local team many rungs down the pyramid. Gone are those glorious days in BS3. Long gone.

And as for season cards and ST Plus. You read the other threads about increases and the replacement of the ST Plus category?

You keep believing the Ashton and Lansdown bollocks. 

Me? I’m not buying anything other than season cards.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Convenience I think. The food selection is fairly good for a football ground and quality is better than what it was. Alcohol is fairly decent value with a season card discount.

I ate and drank there many times but won’t be doing that anymore.

I’m with you @Phileas Fogg. Gone are the days when I buy anything else. We’ll get there early and have lunch in The Cottage or chips in the park.

Many think Lansdown is the saviour of BCFC. Thing is he might well have been. Sad that he now seems to allow Bristol Sport to be managed in such a way that treats BCFC supporters with such contempt.

But hey. If you want a business networking breakfast or sit in a box then Ashton and the clowns are your men.

Welcome to the brave new world of corporate entertainment.

Big John would be turning in his grave.

57 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Many think Lansdown is the saviour of BCFC. Thing is he might well have been. Sad that he now seems to allow Bristol Sport to be managed in such a way that treats BCFC supporters with such contempt.

He can continue to “treat me with contempt” for as long as (as with the last 2 seasons) he’s charging me LESS for Thatchers than the pubs around the ground. 

He’s hardly the devil incarnate, for doing that..! 

10 hours ago, NickJ said:

Ha! Just had a memory of being 13/14 and always getting a yorkie at half time to hide the fact I'd just gone for a fag from my dad.

The things that stay with you :P

13 hours ago, NickJ said:

Much as I enjoy a decent real ale in a real pub (not a food outlet selling beer) I’m more than happy with the Butcombe served at the ground even in a plastic pot.

I think people just want to be in the ground with fellow supporters having a decent beer at an acceptable price and not want to wait until the last minute to get into the ground, cursing the queues at the turnstiles and toilets then trying to get to a seat just after the game has kicked off?

It’s only once every couple of weeks, not as though it’s your local!

6 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Anyone notice they have stuck 20 p on a pint in the wedlock’s bar on all the cider or have I just not noticed That they did it a while ago. But yes look round at people eating and drinking pre match and it must have risen 10/15 fold since the east end days

Sneaked that one in for the Man U game. I thought I was the only one that noticed!

Archived