IGNORED

Horse Racing (Merged)

Anyone here going?

Im going on the Thursday and can’t wait! Even if the weather is meant to be horrendous! 

Tip of the Festival 

Treble - Altior (Queen Mother Champion Chase - 15:30 Wednesday), Cause of Causes (Cross Country Chase - 16:10 Wednesday) and Un De Sceaux (Ryanair Chase - 14:50 Thursday) @13/1 £20 wins £281.25

any other tips?

6 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Anyone here going?

Im going on the Thursday and can’t wait! Even if the weather is meant to be horrendous! 

Tip of the Festival 

Treble - Altior (Queen Mother Champion Chase - 15:30 Wednesday), Cause of Causes (Cross Country Chase - 16:10 Wednesday) and Un De Sceaux (Ryanair Chase - 14:50 Thursday) @13/1 £20 wins £281.25

any other tips?

I’m going Tuesday, I’ve been piling in to Acey Milan in the champion bumper over the last month, I’m on the big 4 quad on day, one of them will get turned over but I’m buggerd if I can find one to oppose 

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I'm going on Friday.  First time and very excited. 

My first question is: what are the trains like from BTM? Need to be back in Bristol by 7ish 

Busy. Getting to Cheltenham is okay, getting back my be leaving it a bit fine. You’d have to leave before the last race to get back to Bristol before 7.

Its always enjoyable, they’ve got so much going on that you could go the whole day without seeing a race and enjoy it 

Best of luck to you if you are having a dabble 

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:42, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Busy. Getting to Cheltenham is okay, getting back my be leaving it a bit fine. You’d have to leave before the last race to get back to Bristol before 7.

Its always enjoyable, they’ve got so much going on that you could go the whole day without seeing a race and enjoy it 

Best of luck to you if you are having a dabble 

Is the course walkable to train station or is it buses?

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You can get a bus ticket with your train ticket and it takes you to the course. It is walkable, with the predicted weather I would bud it though 

I would recommend going for breakfast and beers/ciders/shots whichever you prefer in the morning outside of Cheltenham then aim to get to the course at 12ish. 

It’s mayhem, a friend drove from Reading last year and the A40? towards Oxford was standstill until about 9 at night 

4 hours ago, spudski said:

Any tips for Tuesday?

Kalashnikov 4/1 in the first. £20 max stake with Sky Bet and if he loses you get your stake back as a free bet. If he wins you’re £100 up. He did get beat by 8/1 Summerville Boy in january on heavy ground, definitely worth an E/W shout. 

Footpad always seems to struggle on the hill at Cheltenham and at his current odds not worth the risk in the second. 

Bevuer D’Air is my banker for the day. Followed closely by Apples Jade. Unfortunately at Cheltenham anything can happen. Hope you have an enjoyable day!

• Admin
1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Personally I wouldn't walk it but there are loads of double decker buses that take you to the course from the station

The leave from the opposite side to where the train pulls in - very well organised so you wont be hanging around too long even if it is really busy

13 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Kalashnikov 4/1 in the first. £20 max stake with Sky Bet and if he loses you get your stake back as a free bet. If he wins you’re £100 up. He did get beat by 8/1 Summerville Boy in january on heavy ground, definitely worth an E/W shout. 

Footpad always seems to struggle on the hill at Cheltenham and at his current odds not worth the risk in the second. 

Bevuer D’Air is my banker for the day. Followed closely by Apples Jade. Unfortunately at Cheltenham anything can happen. Hope you have an enjoyable day!

Cheers fella...I had Kalashnikov and Bevuer D'air down as well. Like you say, anything can happen, especially after all this rain.

8 hours ago, phantom said:

Personally I wouldn't walk it but there are loads of double decker buses that take you to the course from the station

The leave from the opposite side to where the train pulls in - very well organised so you wont be hanging around too long even if it is really busy

Pretty long walk from Lansdown Station to racecourse.

The best week of the year is upon us.  I am going on Wednesday.  

Just spent 3 hours studying tomorrow so hope it was time well spent!  Can only back shorties in an acca so will have a bit on Footpad, Buveur D'Air and Apple's Jade at 4/1

Other than that, narrowed it down to these.  Might have to rule some out tomorrow if any drift as that is too many bets! 

1:30 Summerville Boy 15/2, Claimantakinforgan 16/1

14:50 Beware the Bear 16/1, Coo Star Saviola 5/1

16:50 Ms Parfois 7/1, Jury Duty 6/1

17:30 Any Second Now 6/1

11 hours ago, RedDave said:

The best week of the year is upon us.  I am going on Wednesday.  

Just spent 3 hours studying tomorrow so hope it was time well spent!  Can only back shorties in an acca so will have a bit on Footpad, Buveur D'Air and Apple's Jade at 4/1

Other than that, narrowed it down to these.  Might have to rule some out tomorrow if any drift as that is too many bets! 

1:30 Summerville Boy 15/2, Claimantakinforgan 16/1

14:50 Beware the Bear 16/1, Coo Star Saviola 5/1

16:50 Ms Parfois 7/1, Jury Duty 6/1

17:30 Any Second Now 6/1

Summerville Boy is worth a punt, beaten his rivals on similar ground on this course in Jan. 

Although a small field can’t see Footpad winning, unless Ruby Walsh rides him right, he always struggles around the Hill. Hope I’m wrong for you though (and considering I’m not a multi millionaire professional gambler you should be alright)

Beware the Bear looks a strong contender as well at long odds. 

• Admin

If you come through Swindon village, before getting to the course you go down Swindon Lane - there are a few "un-official" parking places in fields etc around there, but with a wet forecast tomorrow parking in a field may not be worth it just to save a £10 ?

image.png

As a resident i can yeild some advice...

20 min walk to montpellier from station, plenty of bars and places to eat, plus you can then use the taxi rank which actually has taxis regularly flying through, or go to Harry Cooks and they will do a return coach ticket direct from the pub.

Archived