IGNORED

Steve Bruce - Complains of Lack of Finances

Lrrr

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-steve-bruce-wolves-14389135

"I’ve been restricted since I’ve been here. I wasn’t able to buy any players because we’ve had to adhere to rules. That’s our club and the way it has to be. I’ve accepted it. I didn’t like it when Keith Wyness was telling me, ‘You’ve got no money and you’ve got to wheel and deal’. It becomes more difficult but that’s the rules.

When you look over their business since his arrival and the amount of big signings you have to laugh, Kodjia, McCormack, Hogan, Adomah, Terry, Samba, Hourihane just to name a few, yeah its been a real hardship the budget you've had to work on.....

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-steve-bruce-wolves-14389135

"I’ve been restricted since I’ve been here. I wasn’t able to buy any players because we’ve had to adhere to rules. That’s our club and the way it has to be. I’ve accepted it. I didn’t like it when Keith Wyness was telling me, ‘You’ve got no money and you’ve got to wheel and deal’. It becomes more difficult but that’s the rules.

When you look over their business since his arrival and the amount of big signings you have to laugh, Kodjia, McCormack, Hogan, Adomah, Terry, Samba, Hourihane just to name a few, yeah its been a real hardship the budget you've had to work on.....

Bruce can be an irritating winker at times. They're pretty much buying their way out of the division compared to most. Would like to see them stay down tbh.

Yet it’s ok when Villa can spend £15 Million on Kodjia and blast any other team in the Championship outof the water when it comes to buying/loaning any other top player in the division, maybe he should sample what it’s like being manager of Barnsley or PNE who constantly have to sell their best players. I love it when managers whinge after their club spend billions then all of a sudden another club comes along and spend billions more and all of a sudden it’s “so unfair”

6 hours ago, hodge said:

It's like Sardines complaining that there's not enough sea . 

8 hours ago, hodge said:

Unfortunately it’s something the media will pick up on and comment on how well he’s doing with limited finances !

If I recall correctly , when we played them on New Year’s Day, there were comments about their injury record and the number of players they had out. Still had probably a better team out that day than most teams in the championship

9 hours ago, hodge said:

Steve - go and give your "big fat head" a serious wobble!!! 

22 hours ago, hodge said:

Steve Bruce wasn’t Villa manager when they signed Kodjia or Adomah or McCormack....it was Roberto Di Matteo....but I get your point that he can’t exactly plead poverty on the transfer front!

1 hour ago, Swede said:

I really feel sorry for him he's so hard done by. He's just as deluded as his fan base.

One idiot phoned in on 5 Live saying Jack Grealish should be in the England World Cup squad. 

He has been on fine form tbf,people are also clamouring for sessegnon at Fulham to be included as well,couldn’t make it up

14 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He has been on fine form tbf,people are also clamouring for sessegnon at Fulham to be included as well,couldn’t make it up

Sessengnon you can half understand, England often take a young player to get them experience of what big comps are like Walcott when he was 17 or so for example, with the performances Sessengnon has put in this season if Fulham don't go up he'll be getting a big move likely to one of the big 6.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

You do indeed. 

I personally find comments about people’s families unnecessary. I accept football is a tribal game, and of course ‘banter’ is one of the ways it’s expressed.

I understand, the guy has recently lost his father and his mother is unwell , it just felt inappropriate in my opinion.

Having said that the term I used was inappropriate, and I would like to apologise 

2 minutes ago, daored said:

I personally find comments about people’s families unnecessary. I accept football is a tribal game, and of course ‘banter’ is one of the ways it’s expressed.

I understand, the guy has recently lost his father and his mother is unwell , it just felt inappropriate in my opinion.

Having said that the term I used was inappropriate, and I would like to apologise 

They aren't really his kids.

I accept your apology .

My ol' mum used to say " that was a bit near the knuckle " when a joke , according to her, was in poor taste .

I don't set out to hurt anyone but sometimes my humour offends certain sensibilities.

To those people I would just like to say ' tough titty ' . 

:pacifier:

Archived