IGNORED

The Burton Albion FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 37

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Why is that panicking? It could very well work. You'd be having a massive go at him if he changed nothing and it stayed the same.

Fully expect him to deviate from the way we played that got us so far up the table and just try lumping it forward, rather than trying to get the team to play in that way again.

Just saying like.

Burton are running harder, tackling harder and i hate to say it, trying harder. I hope Im wrong but a few of ours don't look like they want to be there. Lets hope for improvement in the second half. Positives: I thought, apart from Fielding who made two exceptional saves, Lloyd Kelly started very well.

3 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

It's not nonsense, it was a ridiculous thing to do. I'd rather Wright or Baker as our captain because they're more level-headed. Flint's been fantastic for us, but I value those two's contributions in defence as highly as his.

Flint doesn't want the official captaincy, if he did I've no doubt he'd have it by now.

If LJ wants it to be one of his signings then Baker would be preferable to Wright, although Baker tends to miss alot of games.

Flint of course has never been sent off in City colours before in over 230 games so to crucify him for one moment of rashness and say he shouldn't be captain because of it seems extreme to me.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Fully expect him to deviate from the way we played that got us so far up the table and just try lumping it forward, rather than trying to get the team to play in that way again.

Just saying like.

Right, but that way of playing isn't working right now. So why not change? Pretty sure that's also worked for us this season. Djuric has come on and won us games this season.

can't put more than two passes together, which for us as we need 10 - 15 passes to get from one end to the other is a problem. Burton, well when you only need 2 or 3 passes to get from one box to the other, they are doing ok. Burton had a few good chances, how they did not score when 2 players were clean through 10 yards from the goal line I have no idea, and the rebound that one of their players tapped into Frankies hands, what a let off. They have had numerous shots, high and wide, just one of those players with a little more ability and we would be in trouble.

Burton the better team, we had a couple of half chances, but look really really poor at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Shocking game, we have too many players struggling to get into the game, Pisano, Smith, Pack, Paterson, Diedhiou whose first touch is appalling and Reid’s not much better.

Yet again we run out of idea’s in and around the opponents (on the ra    re occasions we have got that far).

To much faffing around at the back between Smith, Pack and and Brownhill and the defenders resulting in poor passes out or getting caught in possession.

In the final 10 minutes we could easily have conceded 2.

I would think about Walsh for Paterson personally.

Kelly playing well.

But overall we are piss poor.

Worry ye not. Ryan Kent has been warming up. Lee's stroke of genius will be to bring on the new, less effective version of Freeman at HT.

1 minute ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Right, but that way of playing isn't working right now. So why not change? Pretty sure that's also worked for us this season. Djuric has come on and won us games this season.

Point is that they're not playing that way. They're putting in a shite performance and obviously not playing in the same way we did against Derby early on in the season, for example.

Be assed with it at the moment to be honest, I just want to win again :laughcont:

Archived