IGNORED

The Burton Albion FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 37

Septic Peg

Time to admit th season is fizzled out now. That was worse than Cardiff. Absolutely pathetic man for man. Took 92 minutes for their keeper to male a save. Embarrassing. 

Dont want Kelly or Diony anywhere near that pitch for the rest of the season. Horrendous. 

Never looked like we might win that. Just to many players off their game. Ho hum, mid table calls. One shot on target all game. Our away from particularly has gone to complete pot. Kelly got 90 I suppose, and that is about it for positives...and a late winner for Fulham.

11 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Ooooor the club had a plan from the start, which they carried out regardless of our league position because "the project" stretches farther than this season. Not saying it's right, just that I think that's more likely than "lack of ambition". 

You may well be right however, every good plan needs to constantly be re - assessed as circumstances change.

I really don't accept that the opportunity will come around again that readily.

I very much hope I am wrong but it can't be denied that we simply did not react to the opportunity that presented itself.

I agree that there would be no guarantees of promotion but we clearly needed some additions that pushed us on and that simply did not happen.

We didn't need to spend fortunes just get in a couple on loan that would make a difference.

15 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Diony good tackle back, Pack half asleep nearly losses the ball before Korey then does! Those two in CM have been awful today, Walsh must be thinking how am I not getting game time!

I managed to watch the first 30 and the last 30 on a stream today and didn’t see Pack put a foot wrong. He must’ve been awful in the middle 30 that I didn’t see for your incessant digging at him. 

On the strength of the 60 mins I saw, if you wanna say someone was shit then it’s Brownhill. 

11 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Are any of you actually watching the match? We were poor first half but we are controlling this one. Passing is better pressing is better. At the moment the team. Burton have had one cross all half - that's it. There's 10 left and you've all given up on the game and the season. 

which is what you would expect against a team in the relegation zone who have won just 7 games all season and conceded 62 goals... 

Where di you think the win was going to come from - we had two shots on target the whole game... and in current form, it's not looking good is it 2 wins in 12 games this year.

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Dont want Kelly or Diony anywhere near that pitch for the rest of the season. Horrendous. 

I’d agree about Diony, although I suspect he needs through balls to run onto rather than his back to goal. You’re wrong about Kelly though. Didn’t get everything right, but played calmly and did most things very well.

It seems we've come full circle. Unrecognizable from the city team of December and more like what we saw last season. One might ask how that is possible. Unfortunately nobody seems to know, including Lee Johnson who has lost his way when it comes to substitutions.

2 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Desperately need a Forest win tomorrow because I don’t see us keeping up with Boro.

Need to get a win from somewhere to keep up with anyone atm, anyone see where that’s coming from if we can’t take anything from sides such as Burton?

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

That's our lot I fear, in terms of playoffs.

Listening to the 2nd half on radio... I don't really think we created all that much considering the importance of the game, or given Burton's home record.

I struggle to see how we can do top 6...had this down as a total must win.

3 points from playoffs with 9 to play, really?

2 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

I’d agree about Diony, although I suspect he needs through balls to run onto rather than his back to goal. You’re wrong about Kelly though. Didn’t get everything right, but played calmly and did most things very well.

I don’t think we could give him anything other than an open goal from 2 yards for him to score. Even then I’m not sure. 

I’d have Woodrow over him every day of the week. One of the worst signings we’ve ever made. 

Archived