IGNORED

The Burton Albion FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 37

Septic Peg

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Time to admit th season is fizzled out now. That was worse than Cardiff. Absolutely pathetic man for man. Took 92 minutes for their keeper to male a save. Embarrassing. 

Dont want Kelly or Diony anywhere near that pitch for the rest of the season. Horrendous. 

Wow. Kelly was one of very few bright sparks today. 

Shocking game on a shocking pitch, but no excuses we were pathetic, I really don’t know what we do on the training ground regarding crossing and free kicks because that has been piss poor for most of the season and we simply do not create enough chances.

The plusses for me today were Kelly and to be fair to him Magnússon for his 2nd half performance, MOM all day long was Wright he was a rock today and the other plus was at least LJ did not bring on Kent in a game where wingers were always going to be a waste of time.

Sorry to have to say it again Paterson needs dropping, but in his defence today there were about 6 or 7 in the same boat.

Our form continues to be poor.

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

LJ will he say:

This was always going to be a difficult match

A good manager

Pitch didn't help our style of play

We are still suffering from loss of key players

Remember this is a young side which is still learning

Thought we showed some good touches in the second half

Baker wasn't t able to do 90 mins he was struggling with fitness

We will look at this match and then move on to the next

I am afraid you are probably spot on.

I think Lee has real potential but his lack of experience and tactical nous is part of the problem. I am sure he will learn however I feel he would do so more rapidly if we had someone of real experience in the coaching team to assist him.

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

3 points from playoffs with 9 to play, really?

I think the concern is due to the way we are playing rather than our league position. On watching today's game, you would  struggle to believe we are a Championship team, let alone one in 7th spot.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Once duric came on, we should’ve made the other sub as someone who can cross a ball. Diony shouldn’t have come on, if should’ve been Eliason to be able to provide for Duric 

Exactly and it is totally baffling how Johnson keeps making these same mistakes and not learning from them.

Shit subs have cost us many points over the past few months.

3 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I am afraid you are probably spot on.

I think Lee has real potential but his lack of experience and tactical nous is part of the problem. I am sure he will learn however I feel he would do so more rapidly if we had someone of real experience in the coaching team to assist him.

You do realise that he already has an experienced manager helping him out don't you?

8 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

3 points from playoffs with 9 to play, really?

Mathematically, no. Of course not.

I just have a resigned feeling now...we didn't create a great amount today, Burton had got 2 points from their last 12 home games before today.

It was truly must win IMO. I don't see where strong form is coming from. Sheff Utd, Brentford have a game in hand, Derby too, Millwall seem to be on a late charge. Middlesbrough in great form.

Probably caught 50 minutes on streams and 40 minutes on radio.  Not good enough I'm afraid.

Good that we kept a clean sheet.  

Good that Pisano got 90 minutes.

Good that Djúric got 20+ minutes....and looked good on a poor stream I watched.

We are playing as to our true mid table position, no shock in that after 2 years of relegation battles, and at least we are not in that battle again. It is just frustrating when so close to something better, but top 10 would be more than many expected pre season. Last 15 games we are 13th in terms of form, and that is about right. Still weird how we collapsed again this season. 

3 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I try and stay positive, and point away from home and playing shit. Need to sort our performances out big time, an 8th place finish would be a good season but does seem like an opportunity lost too. I'm confused 

No need to be confused R85, its a BCFC thing. I said at beginning of season would be happy with about 10th at the end and looks like might be right, the disappointment is that our Carabao Cup run gave us the belief we were invincible. I just hope the 'club' that runs the club can get us in the right shape for next season or do we accept like being a team like Ipswich ( no dis-respect to them) and sit comfortably in the Championship for many years to come. Nowt wrong with that but please please Hype department, dont keep dashing our hopes as you have done mine for over 60 years now ( except under AD and SC)

1 minute ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

I think we're burnt out, mentally and physically.

The cracking start and cup run was  immense however it's taken it's toll teams have started to suss us and with injuries piling up and a squad that's still being built then yeah we are flailing a bit. I think back to basics playing our way may be the answer rather than trying to shoe horn in some appalling signings.  Walsh et al may come good, but it isnt gunna be now

It goes back to that very month for me when the cup run did eventually end. You could see the lads burnt out on their knees and with the injury crisis, LJ chose not to strengthen in depth. The Lois Diony signing was bizarre at the time and it’s showing. 

You can’t expect a lad with no confidence, no goals, from a different country to come in and be our saviour. 

January has cost us. We had the chance to strengthen but we’ve sadly thrown it away. The City way will of course end the season on a downward spiral and sell our best players in the summer to make a profit.

I hate this club sometimes.

Archived