IGNORED

The Burton Albion FC v Bristol City FC Match Day Thread 37

Septic Peg

Ok, clean sheet and one point, but the team did play slowly and with no ideas. We were lucky that Burton not scored in the first half. We dont take many points but still we can be top six, that is good. If I was Eliasson and not start next game, I would think, what is this? We played. , Kent, Paterson, Brownhill, nothing happens and we rarely wins. At least Eliasson can put good balls in to the box. Im sure he will find Famaras or Djuric head with his passes

27 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I said during last season's awful run we needed an outside football audit of the club.  I reiterate that thought now but with more emphasis.  Failure to act now bodes ill for next season

Please let me know how many of the 92 league clubs can boast four seasons of consecutive league position improvement and then please explain to me why it is our club that needs the audit.

If someone had offered you all three points off the play-offs with nine games to play, you’d have taken it.  A point, a clean sheet, still in with a shout of the play-offs, above a number of teams who were expected to be above us this season, a young team, a young manager, 20,000 gates every week, players coming back from injury - can’t see much wrong myself.  COYR.

6 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

If someone had offered you all three points off the play-offs with nine games to play, you’d have taken it.  A point, a clean sheet, still in with a shout of the play-offs, above a number of teams who were expected to be above us this season, a young team, a young manager, 20,000 gates every week, players coming back from injury - can’t see much wrong myself.  COYR.

Im assuming you didn't go today...

20 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You're not wrong but I still have the feeling that given the excellent first half of the season, it could have been so much better during 2018 and we would have had rather more than just a shout of the play-offs. What that would have meant for next season is another matter though!

41 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

How long are people going to keep repeating the same old line ' oh if you offered this in August blah blah blah'.

If I offered you this in December?

21 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

How long are people going to keep repeating the same old line ' oh if you offered this in August blah blah blah'.

If I offered you this in December?

We were bookies favourites for relegation at the start of the season, so yes I would have taken this current position and season if you had offered it in August.

The form is not great, but we can still make the playoffs with a decent run, and if not then there is the opportunity to play some of the younger players, the Engvalls, Eliassons, Walsh, Kelly etc without fear of relegation.

7 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

We were bookies favourites for relegation at the start of the season, so yes I would have taken this current position and season if you had offered it in August.

The form is not great, but we can still make the playoffs with a decent run, and if not then there is the opportunity to play some of the younger players, the Engvalls, Eliassons, Walsh, Kelly etc without fear of relegation.

Not what I asked? Forget August. I offered it in December? Before a transfer window, and our stock being higher than it ever has or will be in this division? 

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

I said during last season's awful run we needed an outside football audit of the club.  I reiterate that thought now but with more emphasis.  Failure to act now bodes ill for next season

What does that even mean?

What needs auditing - the football by an outside person, or the “outside football” issues?

You keep harping on about the club management but without really explaining what your concerns are.  You seem to be concerned that the main share owner is controlling the club, without some democratic overview. Is that it? 

Many of your posts sound like a conspiracy theorist, to be honest. 

What exactly are you hoping for?

12 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

you seriously think whilst there is even the slightest mathematical chance we can get in the playoffs that we will start playing people we haven't played unless forced to all season ?

You also did not answer - at the end of December when we looked comfortable in the playoffs - would you have settled for this type of form -   2 wins in 12 ? because I will call you out for it if "yes" is anywhere near your lips.

8 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Not what I asked? Forget August. I offered it in December? Before a transfer window, and our stock being higher than it ever has or will be in this division? 

3 points off the playoffs, a young and generally exciting team, 17 goals from a player that’s come through the ranks in his first season as an out and put forward, lots of national media attention, beating 4 prem teams inc Man U and going toe to toe with Man C over two legs? Then yes I’d have taken that in December as well. This squad has more potential than any I can recall in many a year.

4 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

3 points off the playoffs, a young and generally exciting team, 17 goals from a player that’s come through the ranks in his first season as an out and put forward, lots of national media attention, beating 4 prem teams inc Man U and going toe to toe with Man C over two legs? Then yes I’d have taken that in December as well. This squad has more potential than any I can recall in many a year.

I call bull.

4 minutes ago, Fiale said:

you seriously think whilst there is even the slightest mathematical chance we can get in the playoffs that we will start playing people we haven't played unless forced to all season ?

You also did not answer - at the end of December when we looked comfortable in the playoffs - would you have settled for this type of form -   2 wins in 12 ? because I will call you out for it if "yes" is anywhere near your lips.

Didn’t say that, if the playoffs are gone then yes LJ can play all manner of the younger players without threat of relegation.

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Audit definition = official inspection of the clubs accounts by an independent body.

Wont they just discover that steve lansdown has given the club about £100m and its been pretty helpful?

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

What does that even mean?

What needs auditing - the football by an outside person, or the “outside football” issues?

You keep harping on about the club management but without really explaining what your concerns are.  You seem to be concerned that the main share owner is controlling the club, without some democratic overview. Is that it? 

Many of your posts sound like a conspiracy theorist, to be honest. 

What exactly are you hoping for?

He`s been banging on about this for ever mate. He seems to think that there is something dodgy going on and hates SL with a passion for some reason - perhaps HL sold him a financial product he isn`t happy with or something, who knows.

My personal favourite was this comment;

`Be assured Mr Lansdown, we will have you out of this club` from a couple of years ago. I`ve not taken him seriously since then.

3 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Ivor, do you not realise your relentless, incessant negativity negates any point you try to make? Nobody, but nobody, takes anything you post with the slightest degree of relevance because you are ALWAYS miserable and negative.

2 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Ivor, do you not realise your relentless, incessant negativity negates any point you try to make? Nobody, but nobody, takes anything you post with the slightest degree of relevance because you are ALWAYS miserable and negative.

Well we will see who is right next season.  Hope it isn't me but fear it will be.There is clearly something wrong this season and last and if positive action isn't taken we will be condemned to repeat it next.  Sheer Management amateurism in my view.

And please be accurate, I post many positive things but there is little point in just being a mushroom, sitting in the dark having the proverbial thrown over you by BS pr.  Not a position I intend to adopt.  Better to be constructively critical.  In this case appoint outside consultants, cost a mere fraction of the Dubai trip!

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Well we will see who is right next season.  Hope it isn't me but fear it will be.There is clearly something wrong this season and last and if positive action isn't taken we will be condemned to repeat it next.  Sheer Management amateurism in my view.

And please be accurate, I post many positive things but there is little point in just being a mushroom, sitting in the dark having the proverbial thrown over you by BS pr.  Not a position I intend to adopt.  Better to be constructively critical.  In this case appoint outside consultants, cost a mere fraction of the Dubai trip!

I knew you'd put an exclamation mark at the end of your reply, whatever it was. 

Where are the positive posts? Please give examples.

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I knew you'd put an exclamation mark at the end of your reply, whatever it was. 

Where are the positive posts? Please give examples.

Sorry I am losing the will to live.  So many negative posts about other posters, so much blindness to the realities of Bristol City, and an unwillingness to check facts before posting.

I suppose as many others have said we have to accept that this is about as far as we ever get before disaster strikes.  In my near on 70 years of support or a 100 counting in my father's support we have only progressed further once, and that didn't end well.  Add in my grandfather's support, which takes us back to before we were Bristol City we have only made it twice.  Or 9 seasons out of a possible 117. Not surprising long established family fans find SL's pr difficult to stomach.  Oh, sorry, let me rewrite that .. difficult to stomach!

13 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Sorry I am losing the will to live.  So many negative posts about other posters, so much blindness to the realities of Bristol City, and an unwillingness to check facts before posting.

I suppose as many others have said we have to accept that this is about as far as we ever get before disaster strikes.  In my near on 70 years of support or a 100 counting in my father's support we have only progressed further once, and that didn't end well.  Add in my grandfather's support, which takes us back to before we were Bristol City we have only made it twice.  Or 9 seasons out of a possible 117. Not surprising long established family fans find SL's pr difficult to stomach.  Oh, sorry, let me rewrite that .. difficult to stomach!

So no positive examples then. 

Personally, I don't know how you can consider your attitude as 'support'.

Ive attended since the mid sixties, my grandfather cycled up to games from Shipham, my dad wasn't interested in football, just to let you know my City heritage.

Wheres the examples of positivity?

Archived